Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Spooky Halloween Outfit Ideas
This poll is closed.
The guy from Hades 37 7.76%
The priest from Faith 22 4.61%
A Corpse from Microsoft's Graveyard 27 5.66%
The Ouya 62 13.00%
Google Stadia (scariest option) 73 15.30%
Mr. Mosquito 31 6.50%
Did someone say Bowsette? BECAUSE I AM PRETTY SURE I HEARD SOMEONE SAY BOWSETTE 122 25.58%
Wario (nude) 62 13.00%
Wario (formal) 33 6.92%
Captain N 8 1.68%
Total: 304 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Sega is I think in the same weird boat as Konami where their games department could easily be eaten up no problem but none of their games that are actually good sell enough to want Nintendo/Sony to make a move and they are instead kept alive by their weird side projects like pachinko

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i have no idea what you're talking about, sega is in its renaissance right now, they're making some of the best stuff they've made in a long time + all the good studios they acquired that are now technically making sega games

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Sega owning Total War and Company of Heroes. Also Football Manager

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
and yakuza, which ms gives enough of a poo poo about to get (temp) next gen exclusivity

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

they also make ongeki, which is the highest form of rhythm game art
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldl02isy1HY
+ chunithm and maimai, they're masters of the rhythm game

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Sega owning Total War and Company of Heroes. Also Football Manager

I feel like there hasn't been a good Company of Heroes game in a very, very long time? Or has one come out recently?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

unfortunately they shut down border break recently, or else id call them kings of the arcade, generally

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

weird side projects like pachinko

(Konami's Pokermachine/Gaming Division earnt nearly half a billion last financial year)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i'm enamored with sea of thieves send help

or bananas

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

In doing my research around Elite Dangerous and I have to ask, space sims in general, does it seem they attract a very certain kind of person? Because I don't know how many posts I read along the lines of "I have 600 hours in this game and there's nothing to do, it sucks"

Weedle
May 31, 2006

blue squares posted:

In doing my research around Elite Dangerous and I have to ask, space sims in general, does it seem they attract a very certain kind of person? Because I don't know how many posts I read along the lines of "I have 600 hours in this game and there's nothing to do, it sucks"

you can find those people in the steam reviews of basically any game it’s possible to put hundreds of hours into

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I'm pretty sure I'm near the end of Dark Souls 3. I just killed Lorian & Lothric. I've never really been one for doing end-game optional bosses or DLC and I think that's probably going to continue (at least for a while, I want to play something else). I'm still not sure where I stand on ranking of Souls. If you asked me 10 hours ago in DS3 I would have told you that DS2 is a better game even if it has mechanical stuff that is annoying and the boss fights were less dramatic.

The last few boss fights in DS3 have kind of flipped that on me -- they're beautiful and well soundtracked and dramatic. I think the visual design of 3 is stronger, though I'm not really sure if that's just because it's more modern, and has a lot more beautiful buildings and skies and vistas compared to 2. I'm not sure if I haven't been paying close enough attention to the lore stuff in 3, but it felt like 2 was a stronger thematic journey from start to finish and I picked up more just going about my play.

1 is still the best though.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i'm really excited to play dark souls 3. i just don't like drangleic at all and the more time i spend away from ds2 the less i want to go back to it, but i like lordran more every time i play ds1 and i can't wait to see what's happened to it in ds3

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Don't get me wrong -- any time I've spent playing Dark Souls is satisfying and good time spent. Even if I would tell you that they're the worst games and I hate them while I'm playing them. In the Great Games Ranking in My Head, they're all closer to the top than they are the middle or certainly the bottom.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

While I think DS3 is the poorest Souls game in general (besides Bloodborne but I don't know I even count it as one anymore tbh), the theme being Miyazaki grabbing the player by the shoulders and shouting if they understand yet that they want to make something, anything, else is hilarious, especially with the dlc with its theme of "how didn't you get it the first time you goddamn morons".

Barudak
May 7, 2007

DS3 is like the equivalent of getting caught smoking cigarettes and the punishment being to smoke the whole pack except with nostalgia for Dark Souls 1.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

DS3 is just not very good I'm afraid. All the annoying tendencies of From game design turned up to 11 with none of the cool experimental stuff that actually makes their games interesting.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I can give you a laundry list of things I don't like about Dark Souls 2, especially Scholar of the First Sin, and yet despite all my complaining top to bottom I've beaten it multiple times and I could barely finish Dark Souls 3 once its just so miserably uninteresting.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

I think I'm going to do Bloodborne next.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I kinda hate that Demon's Souls got so popular because it cornered FROM and now they are unable to make any other genres but this one thing they created and just happened to capture lightning in a bottle with. Demon's Souls wasn't even ever meant be a game sold outside of Japan.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The first half of DS3 being effectively a linear line is what kills it for me. You don't get to play around or have fun with any builds for a long time because almost everything of value is in the back half.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

It's cool that Demon's Souls is getting remade this year, still probably my favorite From game.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

exquisite tea posted:

It's cool that Demon's Souls is getting remade this year, still probably my favorite From game.

I went through it for the first time a few years ago before the servers shut off and it was really cool to see how much of Dark Souls is just Demon's but more polished. Multi was dead though. Didn't even get a player for the Old Monk! :(

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

I sure hope Demon's comes to PC someday.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I sure hope Demon's comes to PC someday.

It's already here. :ssh:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I'd be happy for From to make nothing but varients on the Souls genre from now on, they're loving good at it. Only one minor low point in six games (DS2) and even that was pretty great.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

It's already here. :ssh:

:eyepop:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

stev posted:

I'd be happy for From to make nothing but varients on the Souls genre from now on, they're loving good at it. Only one minor low point in six games (DS2) and even that was pretty great.

I want Armored Core 6

Hopefully better than 5 turned out

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
As someone who has no interest in builds or PvP I had a ton of fun with DS3. The combat and movement felt way better than DS2 and the bosses were great. It’s firmly in the middle of the pack of “souls” games imo.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

hatty posted:

As someone who has no interest in builds or PvP I had a ton of fun with DS3. The combat and movement felt way better than DS2 and the bosses were great. It’s firmly in the middle of the pack of “souls” games imo.

Oh yeah I should have been more clear on this - PVP is not my thing at all and my build was "use this one sword the whole time" for the most part.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

I want Armored Core 6

Hopefully better than 5 turned out

armored core with soulslike level design and the medieval-style mechs from frame gride. do it miyazaki

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Weedle posted:

armored core with soulslike level design and the medieval-style mechs from frame gride. do it miyazaki

Add the Pursuer, it'd fit right in :v:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

It's amazing we've basically still heard nothing about the GRRM game. Classic GRRM.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

It's amazing we've basically still heard nothing about the GRRM game. Classic GRRM.

Afaik he's mostly just consulting. So development has probably come to a standstill multiple times waiting for him to reply to emails.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

stev posted:

Afaik he's mostly just consulting. So development has probably come to a standstill multiple times waiting for him to reply to emails.

Developer's Greatsword posted:

The Developer has stood by the phone for ages. Will his wait be worth the while?

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I'm sure he has the general outline of where he wants it to go

Weedle
May 31, 2006

https://twitter.com/simiadei/status/1281936615305248768

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote: