Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

I'm using RNG to determine which films to watch. I know there are certain films I'm never going to be in the mood for, or will probably otherwise underestimate and ignore, so forcing myself to watch whatever film is chosen is a big help in overcoming those hurdles.

What's your source list?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

I'm watching Blair Witch 2 Book of Shadows and Jeffrey Donovan just yelled "your balls will fall off in THREE DAYS" at some guy. v enjoyable

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Spatulater bro! posted:

What's your source list?

It's a list I curated in advance and made sure I had copies to hand of everything I needed.

October Challenge 2020

I made it mainly by pulling films together from these lists, plus some thread suggestions.

(almost) One Horror Movie from Each Country in the World

🌈Opening the Vault: A Chronological History of Queer Interest & LGBTQ+ Cinema

The First Horror Film from Each Nation in the World

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

alf_pogs posted:

I'm watching Blair Witch 2 Book of Shadows and Jeffrey Donovan just yelled "your balls will fall off in THREE DAYS" at some guy. v enjoyable

*in Burn Notice monologue tone*

“When you notice your balls falling off after three days”.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Can anyone identify the horror movie in this guy's thread from the information provided?

https://twitter.com/theyearofelan/status/1312935300084060160

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Can anyone identify the horror movie in this guy's thread from the information provided?

https://twitter.com/theyearofelan/status/1312935300084060160

the fly?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Ramadu posted:

the fly?

Cronenberg one, I assume? I've seen it but it was ages ago and I don't remember the legs scene specifically.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Cronenberg one, I assume? I've seen it but it was ages ago and I don't remember the legs scene specifically.

yeah thats the one i was thinking of, i know he vomits fly juice on the guy and dissolves an ankle but i dont remember if hes in a bed when it happens

Gary the Llama
Mar 16, 2007
SHIGERU MIYAMOTO IS MY ILLEGITIMATE FATHER!!!

Tarnop posted:

Chopping Mall is currently proving to be an excellent palate cleanser

Another excellent palate cleanser is Death Spa. I’ll never not recommend that movie when I can. I just love it so much.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Ramadu posted:

yeah thats the one i was thinking of, i know he vomits fly juice on the guy and dissolves an ankle but i dont remember if hes in a bed when it happens

he's not, I think they're in Brundle's lab. but there is a hospital dream sequence where she births something - so it might be a memory mashup of those two bits

Richleau
Sep 25, 2020

alf_pogs posted:

There is a great film edit of Blair Witch 2 Book of Shadows which brings to life to director's original script. It honestly makes the movie better. I highly recommend you check that out.

https://letterboxd.com/film/blair-witch-2-recut/

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Richleau posted:

There is a great film edit of Blair Witch 2 Book of Shadows which brings to life to director's original script. It honestly makes the movie better. I highly recommend you check that out.

https://letterboxd.com/film/blair-witch-2-recut/

Hmm, gotta track this down.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

alf_pogs posted:

he's not, I think they're in Brundle's lab. but there is a hospital dream sequence where she births something - so it might be a memory mashup of those two bits

The Fly II has a lot more people getting straight-up attacked with Brundle-acid, so it might be from that.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Are there any decent Facebook horror movie groups? The ones I'm in are mostly just filled with "who would win in a fight jason or michael huhuuhrurur" bullshit.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Spatulater bro! posted:

Are there any decent Facebook horror movie groups? The ones I'm in are mostly just filled with "who would win in a fight jason or michael huhuuhrurur" bullshit.

This is how you can tell they're not true horror nerds.

That'd never be a question- Jason, even when alive, has more superhuman feats than Michael ever does. Michael is probably smarter but he'd get his poo poo kicked in.

The real horror throwdown question is Terminator VS Predator

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Spatulater bro! posted:

Some of the ones I'm in are Italian Horror And Giallo Films, Classic Monsters of Filmland, New Mexico Horror Society, Pre Code Hollywood 1929 - 1934 amps it's horror for October, There's also the Laurie Strode, Lynda Van Der Klok, and Annie Brackett accounts that post in the voice of the characters and on Halloween go through the movie lines in posts. The horror host ones seem okay so far.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

M_Sinistrari posted:

Some of the ones I'm in are Italian Horror And Giallo Films, Classic Monsters of Filmland, New Mexico Horror Society, Pre Code Hollywood 1929 - 1934 amps it's horror for October, There's also the Laurie Strode, Lynda Van Der Klok, and Annie Brackett accounts that post in the voice of the characters and on Halloween go through the movie lines in posts. The horror host ones seem okay so far.

Perfect. Italian Horror And Giallo Films looks great.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Why would you be on facebook when you can have all the spooka-doods and spooka-doodettes and all other spookfolk in one single dead gay forum?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Burkion posted:

This is how you can tell they're not true horror nerds.

That'd never be a question- Jason, even when alive, has more superhuman feats than Michael ever does. Michael is probably smarter but he'd get his poo poo kicked in.

That depends entirely on if the Terminators robot eyes can see the Predator when it's cloaked and if the Predators shoulder gun can damage the Terminators endoskeleton.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

married but discreet posted:

Why would you be on facebook when you can have all the spooka-doods and spooka-doodettes and all other spookfolk in one single dead gay forum?
Because
and

Just kidding, I love my dead gay forum.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Spatulater bro! posted:

every time you use Facebook (or Instagram, oculus, and indirectly whatsapp/messenger) you give Facebook money to make sure white supremacists have a place online to call home and throw parties for judges who love raping women.

is it worth it?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

ketchup vs catsup posted:

every time you use Facebook (or Instagram, oculus, and indirectly whatsapp/messenger) you give Facebook money to make sure white supremacists have a place online to call home and throw parties for judges who love raping women.

is it worth it?

Doesn't Lowtax still own this forum?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Gripweed posted:

Doesn't Lowtax still own this forum?

I paid for this thing a total of twice with no ads, so I've probably cost SA more than I spent over the last 14 years.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Gates of Hell trilogy: do I need to watch it in order, are there any films I should just skip? What's the deal here

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

ketchup vs catsup posted:

is it worth it?

sir this is the horror movie forum

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Kvlt! posted:

sir this is the horror movie forum

Turns out that we're on Horror Planet

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Tarnop posted:

Gates of Hell trilogy: do I need to watch it in order, are there any films I should just skip? What's the deal here

nah just dive in wherever, and watch them all; it's a thematic thing not a plot/characters thing

e: if anything watch them out of order, saving the beyond for last

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Awesome, thanks!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Oooh ... Shout Factory shipped my Friday the 13th boxset

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

Tarnop posted:

They're only connected thematically not story wise , I would end with The Beyond because its the best of the 3, If I had to rank them

1. The Beyond
2. City of the Living Dead
3. House by the Cemetary

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Just finished watching the new Child's Play and it felt like a big missed opportunity. Lot's of clever ideas that were totally lacking in execution.

Is there an unrated cut? Because the ending in the supermarket was clearly cut up and basically devoid of any real gore.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

:toot: TONIGHT! :toot:

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

:spooky: BRACKETOLOGY FINALS TRIPLE FEATURE :spooky:

:rip: Ken Russell Vs. Takashi Miike, MONDAY, on the CineD Discord
:rip:

1800 EST Over Your Dead Body
1945 EST Gothic
2120 EST As the Gods Will

A big thank you to Shreknet for making this all possible, MacheteZombie for being there for me with constant support, and everyone who has contributed, watched, lurked, reviewed and voted. This thread has meant the world to me over the last few months, and you're all a huge part of what made it special.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

As The God's Will is seriously good.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP
dang the Make Horror Wholesome GBS thread is actually pretty good, it's like the olden days almost instead of a sea of lazy photoshops

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Burkion posted:

Another forum I’m on brought up The Thing vs T-1000; that one was pretty good. T-1000 seems like the obvious choice until you realize it’s all a question of how much biomass The Thing can acquire. The T-1000 can be damaged by temperature and (probably) enough sustained blunt force trauma but The Thing can just keep growing if it has resources.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Burkion posted:

Learning chip enabled or disabled?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

PRedator has invisibility , we have not established whether Terminator can see the Predator through its cloak. Predator also come with a plasma rifle.

Predator.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Predator probably has some EMP thing it could hurl at the terminator to stop it. Shoot it with the plasma caster and or throw its disc at it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

CelticPredator posted:

Predator probably has some EMP thing it could hurl at the terminator to stop it. Shoot it with the plasma caster and or throw its disc at it.

The disc cuts through meat and bone easily but we see it gets caught in concrete fairly easily. How effective it would be against the Terminator's metal endo skeleton is an open question.

IIRC in the movies the Predators never use EMP weapons. And the only trophies shown appear to be from organic creatures. So whether or not they would have weapons specially tailored for robots like an EMP device is also an open question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

They add more Predator weapons for each film. So hypothetically the Predator has any weapon ever created.