Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Spooky Halloween Outfit Ideas
This poll is closed.
The guy from Hades 37 7.76%
The priest from Faith 22 4.61%
A Corpse from Microsoft's Graveyard 27 5.66%
The Ouya 62 13.00%
Google Stadia (scariest option) 73 15.30%
Mr. Mosquito 31 6.50%
Did someone say Bowsette? BECAUSE I AM PRETTY SURE I HEARD SOMEONE SAY BOWSETTE 122 25.58%
Wario (nude) 62 13.00%
Wario (formal) 33 6.92%
Captain N 8 1.68%
Total: 304 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I'm smashing my PC because Stardew Valley ripped off Harvest Moon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Awesome Animals posted:

I'm sure he has the general outline of where he wants it to go

yeah, to the lemoncakes buffet

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Western games can't be rip offs. They can only be love-letters, or versions that 'fix' all the problems Japanese games have.

source: every gaming news site

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
To be fair, I did smash my PC when I realized that Warhammer was just ripping off Warcraft and Starcraft.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It’s pretty obvious that genshin impact being a Chinese game is the culprit, there was someone in this very thread who was like “i don’t trust it, it probably has spyware”. I’ve seen this (definitely racist) attitude in the real world too.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
How do you explain me smashing my PC in the 90s then?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Drugs? Everyone knows that warhammer came first

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Jay Rust posted:

Drugs? Everyone knows that warhammer came first

hmm, that can't be right

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

See, I didn't care about Genshin Impact because it's trying to be like a bad game but with bad gacha mechanics also

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Saint Freak posted:

Western games can't be rip offs. They can only be love-letters, or versions that 'fix' all the problems Japanese games have.
Eh, quite a few sites (not to mention pretty much every non-site person) picked up on Ubi's I-dunno-what-it's-called-now greek mythology game being a BotW ripoff from the get go.

Jay Rust posted:

It’s pretty obvious that genshin impact being a Chinese game is the culprit, there was someone in this very thread who was like “i don’t trust it, it probably has spyware”. I’ve seen this (definitely racist) attitude in the real world too.
It doesn't help that Genshin Impact did install a kernel-level anti-cheat that was running even when the game wasn't, and it's only after tons of complaining that they're changing it to only run when the game is running (the initial compromise proposal was to only have it run for the 30 hours following shutting down the game, for whatever reason).

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Chev posted:

It doesn't help that Genshin Impact did install a kernel-level anti-cheat that was running even when the game wasn't, and it's only after tons of complaining that they're changing it to only run when the game is running (the initial compromise proposal was to only have it run for the 30 hours following shutting down the game, for whatever reason).

Yeah Valorant does the exact same thing but I didn't see a word about that in this particular thread, and that game also has a huge number of people willing to overlook that particular issue even in this forum where the game has a very sizable thread. Strange...............

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

if china sucks up all my data there'll be none left for the nsa!

Weedle
May 31, 2006

really it just feels like the american public is itching for another cold war. remember when everyone was freaking out about kaspersky because The Russians

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

people talk about the valorant one all the time, especially in this thread

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I don't think I know what Valorant is.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Awesome Animals posted:

I don't think I know what Valorant is.

It's Counter Strike

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

its shadowrun 2007

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Gacha is one of those words that'll just put me off any game regardless of what it is.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Weedle posted:

really it just feels like the american public is itching for another cold war. remember when everyone was freaking out about kaspersky because The Russians

remove the word "cold"

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Yeah Valorant does the exact same thing but I didn't see a word about that in this particular thread, and that game also has a huge number of people willing to overlook that particular issue even in this forum where the game has a very sizable thread. Strange...............
A quick forum search indicates that no, people have been complaining plenty about Valorant's anti-cheat here on SA too.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Chev posted:

A quick forum search indicates that no, people have been complaining plenty about Valorant's anti-cheat here on SA too.

People do it in the Valorant thread where people talk about the video game Valorant, they don't do it in the general chat thread

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I am the only one excited for that gi joe game

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

People do it in the Valorant thread where people talk about the video game Valorant, they don't do it in the general chat thread

That's more likely because the general threads (and the internet at large) haven't discussed Valorant, like, at all after the initial announcement and "lol it's counterstrike" realization. Quick forum search shows that for its launch in june we only had a handful of posts saying one person liked it, one wouldn't touch it because of the anti-cheat and two more didn't care about the game anymore. Give it a bit of time and no one will mention Genshin outside of its dedicated thread either unless they do something particularly animu.

Chev fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Oct 5, 2020

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I honestly had to sit and contemplate for ten seconds to remember that Valorant and HyperScape were different things

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Chev posted:

Ew

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
The gachas have to be protected!

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I specifically remember stux talking about the Valorant anti-cheat stuff in one of the chat threads.

because I made a butthole joke about ring zero.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
oh wait that was doom not valorant i get my ring zero anticheats confused

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

stux posted a lot about the valorant one too, he was in favor of it

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

homeless snail posted:

stux posted a lot

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Where is Stux

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Where is Stux

stuck...

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I am enjoying Genshin Impact

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

homeless snail posted:

people talk about the valorant one all the time, especially in this thread

Valorant has super intrusive anti-cheat software, so i've been playing its newest competitor, Rogue Company instead.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Does anyone else read the name as "Stu X"

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Is Valorant the Amazon one that went back to beta?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Awesome Animals posted:

That was Crucible, and I can only assume a large chunk of its issues were because it has the same name as Destiny's multiplayer mode

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

That was Crucible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Awesome Animals posted:

that was "crucible" which will never again see the light of day