Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Everyone posted:

That's pretty awesome and even in late 2020 I'm mildly amazed that it got through.

Also, from the episode:

"What could go wrong?"

"Hopefully everything!"

Dear God, this show really is Duck Venture Brothers isn't it?

Honestly in 2020 it's not awesome. It's 2020. We shouldn't be happy with the scraps of representation Disney lets through, especially not with their huge monopoly.

They [Disney, not show creators] don't deserve praise for doing the barest of minimums.

Kazy fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Sep 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

That last shot of the episode looking up at the moon and you can just barely see Lunaris's flagship drifting past it is both beautiful and ominous in equal measure.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I do wonder when someone on earth is going to realise the civilisation on the moon has absolutely absurd amounts of gold.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I do wonder when someone on earth is going to realise the civilisation on the moon has absolutely absurd amounts of gold.

Gibbous is gonna let it slip and Glomgold is going to build a fleet of really lovely Spear of Selenes that aren't even going to make it into orbit.

Also I just want to take a moment and appreciate Della's little "Oh gently caress, I shouldn't have said yes to that" moment after everything was over. She is the best worst mom.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Wouldn't that big an amount crash the market value?

Ignoring that, shouldn't Scrooge be actively researching/building a fleet of cargo spaceships for trade with the Moon? Plenty of dollars to be made there with an early monopoly.
Penny would be perfect as an ambassador.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Omobono posted:

Wouldn't that big an amount crash the market value?
Only if all of it made it into the market. Look at blood diamonds.

Wait a minute, gold and paper dollars literally grow from the ground, canonically.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Pakled posted:

And if there was any doubt (because redditors were trying to pick the statement apart to have an alternate meaning),

https://mobile.twitter.com/SamanthaCKing/status/1310796963718201344

Ha! Kind of amusing when I watched the episode that I was kind of meh about the Pennie/Launchpad subplot from the other side. I'm totally converted to the idea that Launchpad and Drake frankly make more sense as a gay couple raising a daughter than housemates, but was kind "Really? OK sure, I guess" about Pennie being gay. Shipping be weird I guess. Either way, yay for awkward dates that are just kind of awkward and they're still friends and nothing really gets made of it.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
TV IV › DuckTales S3: CURSE YOU, ME-FERRIS-ME-WHEEL!

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Ha! Kind of amusing when I watched the episode that I was kind of meh about the Pennie/Launchpad subplot from the other side. I'm totally converted to the idea that Launchpad and Drake frankly make more sense as a gay couple raising a daughter than housemates, but was kind "Really? OK sure, I guess" about Pennie being gay. Shipping be weird I guess. Either way, yay for awkward dates that are just kind of awkward and they're still friends and nothing really gets made of it.

I didn't really "ship" Penny with Launchpad so much as it was hard to see her with one pf the other Duckw because she's so much larger than they are. There at the end she just scooped up Della like she was a child. Hmm, I do see one possible pairing in terms of size that makes me wonder if Mrs. Beakley was perhaps married to another Mrs.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
I didn't really see it as shipping, more Launchpad is a lovable bi lunkhead who likes the strong, muscle ladies. I think it's cool representation for bi people.

Logical1234
Dec 3, 2013

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

I didn't really see it as shipping, more Launchpad is a lovable bi lunkhead who likes the strong, muscle ladies. I think it's cool representation for bi people.

Launchpad also shows a decent example of how to handle that. This technically would be the first time we have seen Launchpad's attempt at a date . Launchpad actually showed respect for boundarires, and was immediately understanding once Penny explained what was up.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I have caught up in a week and now I'm sad.

CURSE YOU GOOD CARTOON!

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
We're all so caught up the hard facts about lesbian representation, that we're all forgetting the big picture...

... THEY PUT A SLAP BRACELET ON A DOG.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Those aren’t slap bracelets, they’re leg-warmers.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Phylodox posted:

Those aren’t slap bracelets, they’re leg-warmers.

Or they're a bunch of slap bracelets that now function as doggie leg warmers.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
He put at least one slap bracelet on that dog. What a good patient dog. Where's the existential horror about dogs and dog people coexisting?

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Fezz posted:

He put at least one slap bracelet on that dog. What a good patient dog. Where's the existential horror about dogs and dog people coexisting?

It was crowded out by the existential horror of duck people feeding ducks.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Fezz posted:

Pig people exist, how do they feel about eating ham?

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Logical1234 posted:

Launchpad also shows a decent example of how to handle that. This technically would be the first time we have seen Launchpad's attempt at a date . Launchpad actually showed respect for boundarires, and was immediately understanding once Penny explained what was up.

The progression was good as well. Stop, think, communicate. Good approach to show

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Depends on whether they're Jewish.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sfm-ADB4jk&t=152s

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Depends on whether they're Jewish.

Or Muslim.

I think there was one issue of the old comic where Donald went duck hunting.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
I bet Doug Jones was thrilled to be asked to do VA work after being in so many movies that wanted to use his physical presence but dubbed him over with another actor :unsmith:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

bbf2 posted:

I bet Doug Jones was thrilled to be asked to do VA work after being in so many movies that wanted to use his physical presence but dubbed him over with another actor :unsmith:

Hey now, he actually gets to use his voice on Star Trek Discovery too.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

nine-gear crow posted:

Hey now, he actually gets to use his voice on Star Trek Discovery too.

He’s had plenty of opportunities to do both in the last ten years or so but looking at his IMDB this is the first time he’s been asked to do something with his voice alone other than the Hellboy 2 video game (which still based Abe Sapien off his physicality from the movie)

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Did the show just establish Launchpad can go toe to toe with Scrooge in a fight and win?

Also, Della playing "cool mom" being a bad thing hopefully gets some exploration because Donald being the voice of reason, while funny, feels...off.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

tribbledirigible posted:

Did the show just establish Launchpad can go toe to toe with Scrooge in a fight and win?

Not sure but Launchpad is looks like he's 80% muscle or something so I wouldn't doubt it. When did they do this anyway?

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

ThermoPhysical posted:

Not sure but Launchpad is looks like he's 80% muscle or something so I wouldn't doubt it. When did they do this anyway?

New Halloween ep is up on DisneyNOW. Just watched during lunch.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Louie totally wanted to say "Junior Woodchuck Rule #69" before he cut himself off :colbert:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

tribbledirigible posted:

Also, Della playing "cool mom" being a bad thing hopefully gets some exploration because Donald being the voice of reason, while funny, feels...off.

They already did an episode sorta about this and Donald being the voice of reason and safety is something that was established all the way back in season 1

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

ThermoPhysical posted:

Plus, ever so often in an episode, it'd become clear that while the family was having the episode's adventure, Launchpad was off having some adventure every bit as intense as their's.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Xelkelvos posted:

They already did an episode sorta about this and Donald being the voice of reason and safety is something that was established all the way back in season 1

It's actually a pretty classic thing to have Donald as the put-upon everyman who is usually a drag-along on Scrooge's adventures, which translates pretty well into being the voice of reason in a family of adventure junkies.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Donald and Della were in fine form this episode, as was Launchpad.

I always love Halloween episodes, and this one is absolutely going in my "spooky cartoons I rewatch in October" pile along with The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror specials.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Donald and Della were in fine form this episode, as was Launchpad.

I always love Halloween episodes, and this one is absolutely going in my "spooky cartoons I rewatch in October" pile along with The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror specials.

You should check out Carmen Sandiego then. This whole (half) season they just released is Halloween themed.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Everyone posted:

Plus, ever so often in an episode, it'd become clear that while the family was having the episode's adventure, Launchpad was off having some adventure every bit as intense as their's.

And the Darkwing Duck one showed that he's specifically trained himself to shrug off ridiculous injuries in cartoonish fashion. Toon physics does seem to apply to him in a way that it doesn't to most other characters. Even as a kid he kept setting things on fire apropos of nothing. Also, fun note that he was a chubby kid- looks like he turned all that fat into muscle as he grew up.

That said, Scrooge was probably not trying to actually hurt Launchpad, and seemed pretty unrattled as he picked up the candy.

I also thought Webby's costume was a Beholder or Cacodemon.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Oct 6, 2020

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

nine-gear crow posted:

You should check out Carmen Sandiego then. This whole (half) season they just released is Halloween themed.

Oh heck yes, I will do that.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
me, watching the show with the lesbian alien wearing a t-shirt referencing a Mr. Show sketch: :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5Oi57fqdU0

(I understand the "I SURVIVED" trope exists, I am going to assume Talking Duck Show is speaking to me, specifically)

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
All aboard the Saint Canard train :toot:

https://twitter.com/frankangones/status/1313532088977559552?s=21

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Yes.... Let's get... a new Darkwing Duck series via what I'm very much hoping is a "back-door" pilot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Okay, Stephanie Beatriz, weird since I was just watching B99 a minute ago, but great news.
She has quite some range, so I wonder what she's gonna sound like. Seriously, hearing her switch between her real voice and Rosa, is kinda eerie. Also, she totally looks like Chloe Bennet in this interview. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbTJriFM-uk