Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

Jokymi posted:

Just got an invite to a Zoom audition! Hopefully 2nd time's the charm.

Hell yeah! Turn that energy up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Didn't rewind to do the math but shouldn't the guy have bet to end the game on the final DD, would've only been a couple hundred more and wouldn't have changed the dynamics if he'd missed? I remember thinking I don't know anything about Russian opera, I'd go really low here, but then remembered that I had pulled one or two out from other context and the numbers looked like they made sense.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. He wasn't far off from making it a runaway, and if he'd gotten it wrong he still would have gone into final with a very comfortable lead, he should have gone for it.

Jokymi posted:

Just got an invite to a Zoom audition! Hopefully 2nd time's the charm.

Congrats, good luck!

HookShot fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Oct 3, 2020

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
this mf thought Kobe died in 2016

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

zakharov posted:

We're all a little confused about time these days

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

zakharov posted:

I'm trying to decide which was more astounding, that FJ answer or going 0-3 on Daily Doubles, two of which were incredible gimmes.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Timby posted:

I'm trying to decide which was more astounding, that FJ answer or going 0-3 on Daily Doubles, two of which were incredible gimmes.

I think he just had a bad day.

Also, the Kobe answer was dumb, but to me it read of the “just write someone down” last ditch effort strategy. I think he know as he wrote it he was wrong.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Alex Trebek introduced the Sens' first round draft pick yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MF0gx-c_OU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
What an uninspiring bunch of contestants tonight. I don't hate them, but I'm just not compelled to watch them.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Another fairly surprising triple whiff on the Final tonight.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

TL posted:

Another fairly surprising triple whiff on the Final tonight.

Not a total gimme but definitely shouldn't have been a triple stumper.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Iron Crowned posted:

What an uninspiring bunch of contestants tonight. I don't hate them, but I'm just not compelled to watch them.

It appears they're only taking contestants from the LA area right now, and honestly, the lack of variety in the contestant pool is REALLY starting to show.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

HookShot posted:

It appears they're only taking contestants from the LA area right now, and honestly, the lack of variety in the contestant pool is REALLY starting to show.

Yeah, but logistically, they're the only people able to travel to the studio at this point. That said, there's 12 million in the LA Metro area, I'm hoping we just had a couple crappy nights.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
I was staring at that dude's ears the whole time. Why are they so low

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Fwiw, they are continuing with nationwide auditioning via Zoom. I'm not sure if they would invite you to fly or not, though.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

TL posted:

Yeah, but logistically, they're the only people able to travel to the studio at this point. That said, there's 12 million in the LA Metro area, I'm hoping we just had a couple crappy nights.

Yes, thank you, I am aware that there’s a global pandemic and this is why only people from LA are filming right now.

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice

HookShot posted:

Yes, thank you, I am aware that there’s a global pandemic and this is why only people from LA are filming right now.

Hope that's not the subject of tonight's Final, though, or we'll probably have another triple stumper at the rate these people are going.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
What is ?
CORVID-17

$1,000

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Watching the new episodes up on netflix and I'm not a fan of this Ryan Fenster dude

Havent watched broadcast episodes in years

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Looks like they're encouraging contestants to list their original hometowns to try to not make it so obvious everyone lives in California.

Alex bragged before tonight's game began that play was feeling more Jeopardy-like. I love you Alex, but you bragged a little early on this one.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Yikes.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

:lmao:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I've had two so far

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
There it is, so many missed gimmies

:psyduck:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
What Yikes?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Zesty posted:

What Yikes?

A solo FJ

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
This is just getting... sad

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
There was...not a lot of difficult clues during that game, IMO. Wow.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
About to go into final. I hope the champion doubles up considering he has no risk of losing.

He did not and got it. Boring.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Oct 14, 2020

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
How do you not bet it all when you can’t lose?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
If there's one thing Jeopardy fans love, it's uncharismatic players who play it safe against all reason.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

davecrazy posted:

Final Jeopardy correct percentage is typically less than 50%. Maybe he didn't like the category.

edit: He would be risking actual money, you know.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

davecrazy posted:

You get to take home whatever money you win, and you can't win with $0.

I liked the FJ clue a lot because it was pretty tricky until you remembered the category.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
I’ll say it.

Good for Seth Rogan look alike (I commented on it when they introduced him) for going for it. Yes, he did get quite a few easy ones wrong and rang in too often on wrong answers. But it was late in the game, and he didn’t want to let it be a run away, kudos for the bet.

It probably should have been like, $500 less on the bet obviously lol. But still.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I will always respect those who make it a true daily double. They have the heart of a warrior, if perhaps not the brain of a scholar

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
No problems with Alex. He made the risky move in an attempt to stop a runaway and was charismatic as hell.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Yeah, the ballsy bet to avoid the runaway was kind of necessary and it was much better than the idiots who bet $10 in that situation but COME ON don’t bet 100% of what you have that close to the end.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Not going for a big payday when you're the only person in Final and you get a gimme clue is real bad.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
There was a dude a couple years back who wagered something like $6999 of his $7000 on the last clue, got it right, and went on to win. It ruled.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Groovelord Neato posted:

Not going for a big payday when you're the only person in Final and you get a gimme clue is real bad.

you....know that you wager before seeing the clue, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

zakharov posted:

you....know that you wager before seeing the clue, right?

I'm not blaming him I'd just hate myself if it happened to me.