Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
also the idea that jack nicholson was somehow NOT hamming it up previously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

FMguru posted:

one of my favorite sf movie traditions is hiring a serious british actor (alec guinness, judi dench, sian phillips, etc) to appear in your space wizard film to try and give it a touch of gravitas

judi Dench in riddick was hilarious. I hope they paid her a lot for that

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

judi Dench in riddick was hilarious. I hope they paid her a lot for that
all reports are that she had a blast. vin taught her how to play dungeons and dragons, which she went on to play with her grandkids :3:

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

FMguru posted:

all reports are that she had a blast. vin taught her how to play dungeons and dragons, which she went on to play with her grandkids :3:

:3: indeed

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Vin Diesel seems wholesome

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
vin diesel is a big nerd

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
anyone else see School Nurse Files? it looked like it'd be fun but it wasn't very good really. maybe the book is better, i don't know.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

noooooooo

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Anthony Hopkins seems like a nice kindly old man who nevertheless is best known for playing Basically Satan

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Sapozhnik posted:

Anthony Hopkins seems like a nice kindly old man who nevertheless is best known for playing Basically Satan
yep

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lol

in one of the futurama commentary tracks they're discussing their obsessions with various presidents - lincoln because he looks so funny, and nixon because "he was our nation's most evil president"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
they really hated nixon, it was great

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
groening has terminal boomerbrain but his hatred for nixon always ran strong and pure, even back in his "life in hell" days

the purest and most powerful hatred of nixon dwelled in the heart of hunter s thompson, of course: https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/1994/07/he-was-a-crook/308699/

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

that eulogy is a thing of beauty

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

infernal machines posted:

that eulogy is a thing of beauty
right up there with dfw's essay about spending a week on a cruise ship as the best non-fiction writing of the 1990s

quote:

If the right people had been in charge of Nixon's funeral, his casket would have been launched into one of those open-sewage canals that empty into the ocean just south of Los Angeles. He was a swine of a man and a jabbering dupe of a president. Nixon was so crooked that he needed servants to help him screw his pants on every morning. Even his funeral was illegal ... His body should have been burned in a trash bin.

These are harsh words for a man ... but I have written worse things about Nixon, many times, and the record will show that I kicked him repeatedly long before he went down. I beat him like a mad dog with mange every time I got a chance, and I am proud of it. He was scum.

Let there be no mistake in the history books about that. Richard Nixon was an evil man -- evil in a way that only those who believe in the physical reality of the Devil can understand it. He was utterly without ethics or morals or any bedrock sense of decency.
aaaah, that's the stuff

FMguru fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Oct 6, 2020

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

FMguru posted:

right up there with dfw's essay about spending a week on a cruise ship as the best non-fiction writing of the 1990s

i think he’d be happy how that industry turned out

hst otoh he checked out before politics got to the uh well

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

"so crooked that he needed servants to help him screw his pants on every morning" is a wonderful turn of phrase, indeed

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I'm trying to watch The Old Guard on netflix and it's somehow even more boring than Highlander

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
at least highlander had the big dude. the grizzler or something

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i think its adorable that nixon was once considered the worst president

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

anyway another great thing about Futurama is that one of Al Gore's kids was a writer

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

i think he’d be happy how that industry turned out

hst otoh he checked out before politics got to the uh well
yeah his mccain campaign and fox news pundit essays are just quaint now. i think he'd find it pretty funny though

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I'm trying to watch The Old Guard on netflix and it's somehow even more boring than Highlander

I liked it

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

The Fool posted:

I liked it

:same:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://twitter.com/isaiah_kb/status/1313307400917651459

lol

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

SmokaDustbowl posted:

at least highlander had the big dude. the grizzler or something

that is his name. 100%. its the grizzler.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
maybe with the delay they'll have a chance to make the new dune movie nto a piece of poo poo

lol not a chance

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

oh my god the grizzler was played by Clancy Brown no way

pretty sure the last time I saw that film I was about 12 and had no idea who he was

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
https://twitter.com/comicbook/status/1313492127490494464?s=21

would you care for a spot of tea-baggins while you’re “under my hill”??

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
hobbits sucking and loving

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

urukz my hobbit-hole

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

bump_fn posted:

sloppy second breakfast

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Jonny 290 posted:

sloppy second breakfast

elven elevensies

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bump_fn posted:

hell yeah brother

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

he will never be rid of his need for it. he hates and loves the cockring, as he hates and loves himself

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

the brown eye of sauron

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
but the dwarves delved too greedily and too deep, they spent days washing the poop out of their sheets after it was all over

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
Battle of Balls Deep

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
fanghorny forrest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

Battle of Balls Deep