Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I never thought the virus would eat MY vital organs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
god emperor superspreader. have to admit it has a nice ring to it

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Lol there was a photographer literally next to Trump on the balcony.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

They're freakin' about the Social Security. The ghost of Paul Ryan knocking some holes into Trump's campaign. Sink fasterrrr.

FYGM doesn't work when you don't actually have it yet.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Virginia Slams posted:

That's not true at all I'm afraid. Military medicine is extremely sketchy ethics wise. Its a field where internal politics plays a far more important role than patient wellbeing. Ive seen physicians and PAs hand out prescriptions for drugs that are not medically necessary to their bosses, colleagues and friends on the regular. I promise you if the president wants a certain medication his doctor will give it up or the guy eyeing his position will in a heartbeat. Just look at the presidents previous doctor Ronny Jackson they called him the candy man for a reason.

yeah trump can put a lot of pressure on military doctors to give him zip pills because he's the big big boss but also, the president's health is scrutinized and a matter of national security so there's no giving the president happy shots in secret, there's going to be a lot of people who know about it and have to sign off on it. not quite the same as just quietly writing a sham scrip for your pillhead commanding officer

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/AustinKellerman/status/1313286795854045186?s=20

https://twitter.com/pablosky_1968/status/1313317091936792576?s=20

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Mar 23, 2021

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If Joe goddamn Biden wins Texas I will turn inside out and gently caress my insides somehow

EDIT: gently caress that, this isn't election chat

I think Trump falls off the cliff on Thursday, but we don't see any signs or hints until late Friday

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

FMguru posted:

Folks, I've got some grim news. The LOLs? They've only just begun.

https://twitter.com/NoahShachtman/status/1313287076956319744

Hmm, this basket labeled “Donald Trump has defeated Coronavirus” appears to have caught fire... well I’m putting all my eggs in it anyway.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

sincx posted:

such a nice Führerbunker feel to this

the photograph is doing some excellent work there

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Philthy posted:

FYGM doesn't work when you don't actually have it yet.

gently caress You, Got My diagnosis

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

can trump run for president again in 2024 if he loses 2020?

some sort of nonconsecutive 2 term presidency? I'm not 100% familiar with enough us politic to know if this is allowed

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Squiddycat posted:

some sort of nonconsecutive 2 term presidency? I'm not 100% familiar with enough us politic to know if this is allowed

Yes, Grover Cleveland was the 22nd and 24th President.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Squiddycat posted:

Yes, on the off-chance he's alive then

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Ironically, I think that if Donald Trump had any political accumen, he would've thrown in the towel early enough and just let Mike Pence take the reigns. That dude is far more palatable to old folks who hate the specter of COMMUNISM than Trump was ever going to be.

But, whatever, the Republican party put all their eggs into the basket of a 74 year old man with dogshit health and failing mental acuity. When they get utterly blown out in the election, it's gonna be an awkward rear end moment for the Republicans until Joe Biden does nothing with a super majority in the House and Senate for two years.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

I will poo poo myself inside out if Biden blows out trump with the olds and we see a 400+ EC count.

If we see the biggest electoral blowout since Reagan I will never stop laughing and I hope he lives in agony long enough to try to sputter out some spin on that loss. And then dies of course.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Squiddycat posted:

I don’t really think Trump will ever run again considering what covid does to the lungs.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

gret posted:

Lol there was a photographer literally next to Trump on the balcony.
I watched about 2 minutes seconds of CNN tonight and this was all they talked about lol

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

luxury handset posted:

yeah trump can put a lot of pressure on military doctors to give him zip pills because he's the big big boss but also, the president's health is scrutinized and a matter of national security so there's no giving the president happy shots in secret, there's going to be a lot of people who know about it and have to sign off on it. not quite the same as just quietly writing a sham scrip for your pillhead commanding officer

He'll order them to lie about it and there will be zero consequences.

Unless he loses the election then he'll face a congressional enquiry that will amount to nothing.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Squiddycat posted:

Yeah, but it is not likely to happen. It has happened in the past but in the current political climate if you lose you’re basically out. The parties are unlikely to run a previous loser. Plus he is going to be dead as a pandemic cautionary tale by then.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

not a praying man but hail Mars bring death to trump pls

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I don’t really think Trump will ever run again considering what covid does to the lungs.
LOL I just remembered that quack doctor rattling off all this detailed information about Trupm's condition and then someone asked him about his lungs and he said "that's HIPAA protected" and ended the press conference.

They must be 40% scar tissue, at least.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

A White Guy posted:

Ironically, I think that if Donald Trump had any political accumen, he would've thrown in the towel early enough and just let Mike Pence take the reigns. That dude is far more palatable to old folks who hate the specter of COMMUNISM than Trump was ever going to be.

But, whatever, the Republican party put all their eggs into the basket of a 74 year old man with dogshit health and failing mental acuity. When they get utterly blown out in the election, it's gonna be an awkward rear end moment for the Republicans until Joe Biden does nothing with a super majority in the House and Senate for two years.

So much of the secured Republican vote depends on people with an emotional attachment to Trump as a fascist strongman idk if there would ever be enough time to get them to transfer those feelings to Pence because lol have you seen Mike Pence? Maybe if this happened a year ago there would be time to steer the campaign toward courting moderate Republicans or something but these people love Trump because he’s a consequence free bully they can vicariously live through, he acts rich and untouchable, he lies constantly and nobody has the nerve to stop him and they love that aspect of Trump. Nobody wants to live vicariously though Mike Pence.

e: spelling

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

DickParasite posted:

He'll order them to lie about it and there will be zero consequences.

Unless he loses the election then he'll face a congressional enquiry that will amount to nothing.

i'm not worried about trump demanding weird drugs, though i think that's out of his character

i'm saying i don't think the doctors would do it, because being the doctor who gave the president unnecessary drugs that gave him heart attacks or whatever would be a career killer. trump demands people do all kinds of things and more often than not they just ignore him until his attention turns somewhere else

just because trump can skip out on consequences doesn't mean that whatever idiot he convinces to give him more steroids can skip those consequences, and there's no reason at this stage to cave in to the demands of a sick old man on the verge of becoming a one term president. trump doesn't have a personal doc in his pocket who can get him the good drugs, he's got a whole bunch of bureaucrat doctors keeping eyes on each other and discussing his care in a group, so you'd have to get multiple people putting their careers on the line for this dude nobody likes

Mr. Fall Down Terror fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Oct 6, 2020

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Trixie Hardcore posted:

It would be some what ironic if not as fulfilling if he lived through this but could never talk again

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

Shumagorath posted:

Oooh, Newt Gingrich is still around? There's someone who needs to get in on this party. Rat gently caress did more damage to Congress than McConnell.

Someone who is on twitter please ask him why we haven't seen him out campaigning with Trump -- is he scared or just irrelevant?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

A White Guy posted:

Joe Biden does nothing with a super majority in the House and Senate for two years.

Nah, Trump is actually right about one thing. Midterms elected a whole slew of people who aren't going piss away any chance they get. Republicans are terrified of people like AOC. If they do get the Senate, it's game on. The hard part is setting everything into stone so that future executive orders and majorities can't undo it all.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Drink-Mix Man posted:

It would be some what ironic if not as fulfilling if he lived through this but could never talk again

Then he can only communicate on Twitter but once he is no longer President he is no longer protected from the rules and is quickly banned.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Wait, is the King of Jordan offering Chris Christie asylum?

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

I see our girl Sharon's work has been paying off. Go, Sharon!

https://twitter.com/ybfmiami/status/1277272871602139137?s=20

https://youtu.be/dc3nnwy_-v8t=14

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Philthy posted:

Nah, Trump is actually right about one thing. Midterms elected a whole slew of people who aren't going piss away any chance they get. Republicans are terrified of people like AOC. If they do get the Senate, it's game on. The hard part is setting everything into stone so that future executive orders and majorities can't undo it all.

The funniest outcome out of all this is Joe Biden overseeing a period of historic reform and progress.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Xenocides posted:

Then he can only communicate on Twitter but once he is no longer President he is no longer protected from the rules and is quickly banned.

This has been a thought in my head for a while. Twitter isn't going to ban a sitting president but the day after he's out they may decide he's more trouble than he's worth.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Trixie Hardcore posted:

So much of the secured Republican vote depends on people with an emotional attachment to Trump as a fascist strongman idk if there would ever be enough time to get them to transfer those feelings to Pence because lol have you seen Mike Pence? Maybe if this happened a year ago there would be time to steer the campaign toward courting moderate Republicans or something but these people love Trump because he’s a consequence free bully they can vicariously live through, he acts rich and untouchable, he lies constantly and nobody has the nerve to stop him and they love that aspect of Trump. Nobody wants to live vicariously though Mike Pence.

e: spelling

Ya know, I'd say I can see your point here, but I'd say that getting 39% of the possible electorate to vote for you and nobody else is a losing strategy. Then again, logic and reason are two things that have nothing to do with the current administration or even the current Republican party.

It's gonna be an entertaining next couple years as the normal rear end Republicans try to campaign with a party stocked with QAnon reality deniers and Trump acolytes desperately jossling for control. I doubt there's actually gonna be a schism (because that's just not how big-tent parties like this work), but it will be interesting to hear Mike Pence try to 'debate' Eric Trump as Eric Trump just starts screaming louder and louder at the moderator and Pence.

I think the long run, the Republicans will have to return to some semblance of normality. They don't have to stop being flat out fascists, they just have to come up with something better than a screaming Eric Trump/Trump acolyte to get back onto the big stage again. I'm saying all this knowing full well that the Democrats will learn absolutely nothing from these last 4 and next 4 years and will pick the most milquetoast George Bush-esque motherfuckers to run, further alienating Millenials and Gen Z folks from their party.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Grondoth posted:

The funniest outcome out of all this is Joe Biden overseeing a period of historic reform and progress.

All he has to do is sit back, put his feet up, and

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Xenocides posted:

Wait, is the King of Jordan offering Chris Christie asylum?
No royal court is complete without a jester, a fat buffoonish fool who capers and spouts nonsense for the amusement of all.

The King of Jordan has a good eye for talent, it seems.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

A White Guy posted:

It's gonna be an entertaining next couple years as the normal rear end Republicans try to campaign with a party stocked with QAnon reality deniers and Trump acolytes desperately jossling for control. I doubt there's actually gonna be a schism (because that's just not how big-tent parties like this work), but it will be interesting to hear Mike Pence try to 'debate' Eric Trump as Eric Trump just starts screaming louder and louder at the moderator and Pence.

part of why trump even got elected to begin with was because the 2016 republican candidates were all weak poo poo unable to excite the increasingly rabidly bigoted republican base, so i agree that they've got an interior structural problem between reasonable suburban conservatives and the screaming lunatics demanding the heads of deep state pedophiles

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
they just look so pissy and miserable.
the most sensitive and thin skinned people on earth are in charge.
one side is the born ultra wealthy who think even the tiniest slight is HUGE because their lives are so easy.
and the other are fragile white men scared of their mediocrity.
too insecure to touch their own dick but here's the keys to all the nukes.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

A White Guy posted:

Ya know, I'd say I can see your point here, but I'd say that getting 39% of the possible electorate to vote for you and nobody else is a losing strategy.
No, you are correct. Trump's base, fanatical as they are, have never been enough to elect him on their own. He needs to appeal to people who don't vote straight-ticket or are non-ghoulish Republicans. While he successfully did that (not by a huge margin) in 2016, he's utterly failing this time around.