Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Will Win
This poll is closed.
Yuko 12 66.67%
Momo 6 33.33%
Total: 18 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
https://twitter.com/machikado_staff/status/1298998894378942467?s=21

The official MM twitter has confirmed it for real. Also, the new manga chapter should be releasing very soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXAzQRAS8Hw

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Season 2 PV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3947IsgJ1Zc

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

That was the best possible PV for season 2.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
The time hath come.
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1023379

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo it's still on

And now we maybe find out what hosed Momo up so bad.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Hola, Shamigos! I hope you're all enjoying Shamiko's birthday today.

A new chapter has been published. It's a weird, short, spinoff chapter, so it should be translated pretty soon. Ito also made this other thing, a thinly veiled look into her own professional life right now. I found a roughly typeset translation of it, so here you go.

In other news, Kirara has launched some kind of facebook page with english manga translations. They aren't using licensed translations, the typesetting is awful, and it's only on facebook. Who knows what they were thinking. You can read the first volume of Machikado Mazoku there if you want.

Finally, Ito has provided input on some new swimsuit figurines.

You can see pictures of the figurines in the tweet, but I woudn't consider them to be safe for work.

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Maxwell Adams posted:

Hola, Shamigos! I hope you're all enjoying Shamiko's birthday today.

A new chapter has been published. It's a weird, short, spinoff chapter, so it should be translated pretty soon. Ito also made this other thing, a thinly veiled look into her own professional life right now. I found a roughly typeset translation of it, so here you go.

In other news, Kirara has launched some kind of facebook page with english manga translations. They aren't using licensed translations, the typesetting is awful, and it's only on facebook. Who knows what they were thinking. You can read the first volume of Machikado Mazoku there if you want.

Finally, Ito has provided input on some new swimsuit figurines.

You can see pictures of the figurines in the tweet, but I woudn't consider them to be safe for work.

Boobs and Abs supervisor

She's really living the dream

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

Maxwell Adams posted:

A new chapter has been published. It's a weird, short, spinoff chapter, so it should be translated pretty soon.

And it's out.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
They should stop picking on Lilith IMO

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
The dub has been pretty good- my only complaint was Metako’s voice not quite sounding right.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

They should NEVER stop picking on Lilith IMO

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
she can take it, because she's the strongest

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

New Chapter - https://mangadex.org/chapter/1082460/1

This one sure is very much PLOT Nayuta Suika feels very much like big bad

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The TL is pretty rough I have to say.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

SatoshiMiwa posted:

New Chapter - https://mangadex.org/chapter/1082460/1

This one sure is very much PLOT Nayuta Suika feels very much like big bad

With this build up there's no way she isn't.

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
What a great chapter, such a shame the TL drags it down. I hope someone makes a better version. This sort of thing is why I'm learning japanese!!

I was very excited for the evil supercop magical girl and Suika does not disappoint. Momo unwittingly handing her a list of victims is a big "oof" moment.

Also, given Shamimomo's fortuitous meeting has been talked about as "something like fate" before, am I to understand now it's a result of Suika's wish? Like Momo wanted to find her sister, and so she found her current host. It's a fun connection.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?
Sunrise Arrow is still working on it, so it sounds like it’s worth waiting for.

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016
Given her pointed ears and comment about only having liquids for food for a thousand years, is Suika a vampire watermelon?

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
I recently learned that Ito-sensei had a chapter in the fifth Madoka Magica Anthology Manga, and tried my hand at translating it for anyone interested:

Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7
Page 8
Page 9
Page 10

Note that this volume was published on June 12th 2014, just 16 days before the first chapter of Machikado Mazoku.

Terry van Feleday fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Nov 2, 2020

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1093003/1

the better translation of the most recent chapter is finally here

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Well now, that's concerning.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that's quite the escalation

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The last page sure was ominous yes

Also The Time hath cometh takes on new meaning now :(

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

:stare:

G....Ganbare, Shamiko.......

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Gotta admit that Final 4 koma panel that is all black and just as Suika admitting she killed all the demons is one of the best simple 4 koma panels I've seen. Just gives the reveal and extra oomph to hit real hard

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Ladies and Gentlemen and others: A villain.

Ganbare Shamiko! Protect the town and restore it to what it was!

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Joshua sure was worth a lot of coupons... Do we actually know how many generations removed from Lilith Shamiko is?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Well Shamiko better do her best now cause poo poo kinda just got real :stare:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

This chapters also places the original Momo dream sequence in a new light

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Ito deserves some kind of trophy for foreshadowing. With every new plot point that gets revealed, you can go back and find hints leading up to it since the beginning.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

SatoshiMiwa posted:

This chapters also places the original Momo dream sequence in a new light

Turns out, that muck Shamiko cleaned away was the lingering melon-witch essence all along. Big villain defeated before her intro.

Because Shamiko always does her best.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Elfface posted:

Turns out, that muck Shamiko cleaned away was the lingering melon-witch essence all along. Big villain defeated before her intro.

Because Shamiko always does her best.

The muck was explained by Lilith when Shamiko was trying to dig up her old memories.

But people have gone back to the show and noticed that whenever Momo's peachy icons are fluttering around, one of them has an eye, and one has a little face. I guess one is Metako and maybe the other is Suika.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Terry van Feleday posted:

I recently learned that Ito-sensei had a chapter in the fifth Madoka Magica Anthology Manga, and tried my hand at translating it for anyone interested:

I was interested! Thanks for posting this.

Also I heard that the mangaka did some vtubing earlier in the year, but none of it is translated. Given the pressures of a series plus another anime season I can't imagine there's much time for her to pursue it.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Not Sunrise Arrow but we have latest chapter up (Reads better than their last chapter) https://mangadex.org/chapter/1151153/1

Just when you thought you knew all about Momo's past they throw another twist in

Shamiko's power is so Shamiko!

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Ganbare Shamiko!

You are your Father demon's daughter demon!

Also I deeply adore how consistent this series has been in giving hints and glimpses about there having been some extremely serious season ending Magical Girl stuff that either happened or is maybe still on some level happening elsewhere in the setting. Momo being an orphan from a Magical Girl war on top of all her other scars is just another glimpse of the world, and a reminder of how special and important Shamiko's hometown actually is. Metako's line also plays into the feeling that there is enough of the setting for there to be an out there, somewhere out there.

A magical girl anime enthusiast I know said they were pleased that the series didn't take cheap shots at the genre after watching the anime, and I agree. Machikado Mazoku has both a great deal of knowledge and a deep love of the genre with the way it runs its setting and story. I genuinely would not have believed when the anime started that I'd be this invested in the story and characters of a 4Koma Genre Parody Comedy Yuri manga, but here I am!

Edit: Someone did a Google Translate on Mangadex. It goes something like:

[Page 3]
Metako : The organization, which controls you, has fallen. You no longer have to commit suicide.
Momo : I'm not dead.
Momo : For rent. (?)
Momo : What is it?

[Page 4]
Metako : Yak call you? (?)
Momo : I'm called Operation 27.
Momo : Mon-mo?

Anyone who actually can speak Russian are encouraged to chime in

Omnicrom fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Dec 29, 2020

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016
She's speaking Ukrainian, actually. Translation not mine, but here:

quote:

>Metako: "The organisation which was controlling you has fallen. You don't have to do anything more" (the більше вчиняти part is the one where I'm really not sure how to translate it in context, it should mean "do more" in a vacuum, but the whole sentence would be something like "you're not obliged to do anything from here on out" I guess?)
>Slav-mo: "I'm the only one left alive. I surrender." (lit. "Only I didn't die yet")
>Slav-mo: "What's this?"

>Metako: "What's your name?"
>Slav-mo: "My name is Operation 27" (Operation can just as likely mean "military operation" as it can mean "surgery" in this context)
>Slav-mo: "Mon-mo?" (МОН could stand for Міністерство освіти і науки or Ministry of Education and Science, but that's a far fetched idea. I know that in some Slavic countries MON could stand for Ministry of National Defence, but Ukraine doesn't use that)

Does Operation 27 mean anything? Well, there's 27 books in the New Testament, and the last book(ie 27th book) is the Book of Revelations. Is that important? I have no idea.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Much appreciated!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

narm00
Feb 18, 2006
Sunrise Arrow's translation up, and it's a wee bit darker on the flashback.