Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Bust Rodd posted:

Is the Media Remote worth grabbing if it comes back in stock?
My wife wants the remote because the gamepad is a pain to use and the battery drain sucks. But it's not really worth $30 for me.

I'm waiting for some other gamepad colors to come out before I get a 2nd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I can’t imagine another year of trying to tell my housemates how to navigate streaming service menus with a controller so I’d get the media remote personally

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

BigHandsVince posted:

This is so short sighted and stupid. Japan does things weird.
Sony’s flagship Bluetooth headphones, along with 99% of other Bluetooth headphones, just don’t have low enough latency for games. I think if they allowed they’d instantly get an entire world of user complaints about that (and all kinds of other Bluetooth bullshit) and nothing they could do about it.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
re: remotes, if your TV has HDMI-CEC or whatever (don't pretty much all?), it's worth checking to see if your TV remote works. that's what I use most of the time

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

FilthyImp posted:

My wife wants the remote because the gamepad is a pain to use and the battery drain sucks. But it's not really worth $30 for me.

I'm waiting for some other gamepad colors to come out before I get a 2nd.

The media remote is worth its weight in gold just for never letting precarious controller triggers fast-forward something ever again.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

morallyobjected posted:

re: remotes, if your TV has HDMI-CEC or whatever (don't pretty much all?), it's worth checking to see if your TV remote works. that's what I use most of the time

Yeah, my tv remote works fine, even for the base PS4 UI. I figured it was because the TV is a Sony as well though.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m waffling back and forth on what I should secure next. I have a console and a headset, but I haven’t pre-ordered my games yet because I wasn’t sure if it’s the only way to get that cool scythe for Demon’s Souls or the extra suits for Miles.

The $60 camera seems expensive for something I might not ever use, and I can get a second DualSense and a charging cradle for $100. What accessories are you all grabbing? Is the Media Remote worth grabbing if it comes back in stock?

I ordered one of everything apart from the camera. If you already have the ps4 camera is there any reason to pick up the new one? Does it work with PSVR?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Bad Parenting posted:

I ordered one of everything apart from the camera. If you already have the ps4 camera is there any reason to pick up the new one? Does it work with PSVR?

It doesn't work with the current implementation of PSVR. For current PSVR you must use a PS4 camera + adapter.

It sounds like the camera is really only if you're looking to do some sick streaming, at least for now. It might be leveraged for the new PSVR whenever it's out but we don't know one way or the other.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

A part of me was still holding out hope, especially since this means the theater I work at will probably never reopen.

that sucks. big uk cinema i sub to has closed temporary like it did during lockdown but govt furlough pay is about to stop, they think they'll be open next year for bond but poo poo is so uneasy. thinking of forcing myself to go this week in a plastic bag or something.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
time to can your pre-orders and start to queuing for this hot piece of rear end :eyepop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpmWRJis40E

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

time to can your pre-orders and start to queuing for this hot piece of rear end :eyepop:

:barf:

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I find controlling blu ray annoying enough with the DS4 after going back to a show I have on Blu Ray (sometimes X means confirm, sometimes it means quit the loving playback) that I've convinced myself to get the media remote.

I just wish it had a prime video button. It'll be nice if those are reporgrammable (don't need a youtube button thanks) but I doubt it.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

the DS4 is the greatest controller ever made, but it has a number of issues

it has about 30 seconds of battery life and the goddamn cable port really sucks if you're using it wired on pc.
i'd actually really like an official hardwired version

i'm interested in the DS5 or whatever, and the new xbone controller. i just like controllers more than the consoles themselves

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I am furious at how badly I want that Spider-Man PS5

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

I am furious at how badly I want that Spider-Man PS5

wait till you find out its just a mock render and not actually a real thing.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Vikar Jerome posted:

Says its fan made. Dont think this is real folks

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

fridge corn posted:

Dont think this is real folks

good

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

videogames are the only thing that don't suck during covid. even dune got delayed

:negative:

Not surprised after I saw that James Bond, and Wonder Woman 1984 got delayed into next year with no set release date. :negative: This has been a horrible year for movies.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Vikar Jerome posted:

that sucks. big uk cinema i sub to has closed temporary like it did during lockdown but govt furlough pay is about to stop, they think they'll be open next year for bond but poo poo is so uneasy. thinking of forcing myself to go this week in a plastic bag or something.

Given they literally fired all their employees before reversing it when the furlough scheme came in and have just done it again I recommend you find a different chain tbh

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

Given they literally fired all their employees before reversing it when the furlough scheme came in and have just done it again I recommend you find a different chain tbh

they did that? holy poo poo, had no idea. they're sending me emails assuring that they are gonna take care of the livelihoods of the staff during the close too.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Vikar Jerome posted:

they did that? holy poo poo, had no idea. they're sending me emails assuring that they are gonna take care of the livelihoods of the staff during the close too.

Staff didn’t learn about it from the managers either. They found out when it was in the Sunday Times. I hope they are again reversing and won’t just make everyone redundant but yeah back in March they were gonna do the exact same thing as Wetherspoons almost did and just shitcan everyone

Also their CEO is called Mooky and that’s a very funny name

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Submitted my vacation request to take November 13th off so I have the full day after I (hopefully) get my PS5 to play. And it's a Friday so it'll be a long weekend.

Officially the nerdiest reason I've ever used a vacation day.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Lobok posted:

Submitted my vacation request to take November 13th off so I have the full day after I (hopefully) get my PS5 to play. And it's a Friday so it'll be a long weekend.

The only thing stopping me from doing this is I’m scared that the PSN will be getting absolutely jabberwocked on launch day and I won’t be able to download my games.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

The only thing stopping me from doing this is I’m scared that the PSN will be getting absolutely jabberwocked on launch day and I won’t be able to download my games.

PS4 launch was fine fwiw

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’m still gonna be WFH so I guess I’ll be having VPN issues that day oh no

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Bust Rodd posted:

I wonder the same thing but I'm taking the day after launch off so hopefully it would be better. Worse thing is I work and reclaim the vacation day for some other time.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

The average Christmas morning will have way more consoles hitting the PSN servers than a supply limited launch day will. Not to say there won't be blips in some areas but it likely won't be a disaster.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

univbee posted:

PS4 launch was fine fwiw

The worst thing I remember from ps4 launch (and the three months after) was battlefield 4 multi was broken (this was bf4 everywhere) and the trigger on my controller was bad after a few months which I sent it in under warranty.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

Nah you'll be fine. There won't be any real big additional load on PSN from this.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Ineffiable posted:

The worst thing I remember from ps4 launch (and the three months after) was battlefield 4 multi was broken (this was bf4 everywhere) and the trigger on my controller was bad after a few months which I sent it in under warranty.

BF4 launch was a disaster everywhere. On PC was unplayable for most people up until early December's big rear end patch.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Lobok posted:

I'd do the same thing but Target didn't have a launch day delivery option so I'll just call out the day mine finally arrives.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

What are you guys using to track news for when pre orders will be available?

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Open Marriage Night posted:

What are you guys using to track news for when pre orders will be available?

There's nothing that works well. Wario 64 has been too slow usually, and also generally Nowinstock fails to even notice preorders go up. There's really nothing you can do aside from be in the right place at the right time. It's bad.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m waffling back and forth on what I should secure next. I have a console and a headset, but I haven’t pre-ordered my games yet because I wasn’t sure if it’s the only way to get that cool scythe for Demon’s Souls or the extra suits for Miles.

The $60 camera seems expensive for something I might not ever use, and I can get a second DualSense and a charging cradle for $100. What accessories are you all grabbing? Is the Media Remote worth grabbing if it comes back in stock?

I figure whenever they make the PS5 VR helmet set, it's gonna come with the camera anyway.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I don't think anyone could possibly care but Ubisoft roundabout announced Watch Dogs 1 is coming to next gen platforms as a season pass bonus for Legion.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Policenaut posted:

I don't think anyone could possibly care but Ubisoft roundabout announced Watch Dogs 1 is coming to next gen platforms as a season pass bonus for Legion.

I...what in the absolute gently caress?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

univbee posted:

I...what in the absolute gently caress?

It's something they've done before. ACIII was a season pass bonus for Oddyssey. And they even straight up had AC1 on disc for launch copies of AC Revelaitons.

Though this case is interesting. It might actually look like that one infamous E3 reveal now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Policenaut posted:

I bet it still doesn't look like the original E3 gameplay footage.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Here's the press release if anyone's curious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58h7KGgK6wY

quote:

Season Pass Content (Paid)

Additionally, players who acquire the Season Pass of Watch Dogs: Legion will get access to Watch Dogs: Legion – Bloodline, a new storyline which includes Aiden Pearce from the original Watch Dogs game and Wrench from Watch Dogs 2, fully playable in the single player campaign and online, along with two other characters which were unveiled today:

Darcy, a member of the Assassin Order, thanks to a cross-over with Assassin’s Creed.
Mina, a subject of transhuman experiments, who possesses the ability to mind control individuals.

In addition to the unique playable characters and Watch Dogs: Legion – Bloodline story expansion, the Season Pass will offer extra DedSec missions, the original Watch Dogs Complete Edition from 2014 (Stadia players will be able to access Watch Dogs Complete Edition later this year, while all other platforms will have access in available territories when Watch Dogs: Legion launches), and more. The Season Pass of Watch Dogs: Legion is available for purchase as part of the Gold, Ultimate, and Collector edition.

I liked Watch Dogs 2 so I wish that was the one in the pass. Uhhh Invasions aren't in the game at launch though??? WTF?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Like it or not, Aidan Pearce and his Iconic Cap are the Antifa-Super soldiers we need right now