Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Spooky Halloween Outfit Ideas
This poll is closed.
The guy from Hades 37 7.76%
The priest from Faith 22 4.61%
A Corpse from Microsoft's Graveyard 27 5.66%
The Ouya 62 13.00%
Google Stadia (scariest option) 73 15.30%
Mr. Mosquito 31 6.50%
Did someone say Bowsette? BECAUSE I AM PRETTY SURE I HEARD SOMEONE SAY BOWSETTE 122 25.58%
Wario (nude) 62 13.00%
Wario (formal) 33 6.92%
Captain N 8 1.68%
Total: 304 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I wondered why my spellcheck didn’t underline “elden” and it’s because it’s an actual word!! Intransitive verb, archaic, “to grow old”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Doesn't gamer have an incredibly off-putting nude scene or am I thinking of another movie

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Maybe starship troopers?

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Infinitum posted:

Maybe, but there's enough crazy people in the world that it might be real

The Pops Fund contract is one of the finest examples of object-based storytelling and diagetic world building of modern media. It is a distillation of weaving together a narrative and an artifact that is a master lesson for all the game developers who want to tell stories through 'found recordings', audio diaries, etc.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Maybe starship troopers?

Starship Troopers is extremely good.

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

I said come in! posted:

8 years! We are almost 1 month away from it finally releasing.

Putting it in perspective like this makes it feel so surreal.

8 years, drat. And it'll finally be out in six weeks. I can't think of any other game that had such a long gap between announcement and release that I was excited for.

What are some other games with a huge gap like that? Duke Nukem Forever comes to mind, but uh, that one didn't go so well.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Gamer was the movie, thanks. You'd think I'd remember something with a name like that.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
FFXV was technically 10 years on paper, but I'm going to guess next to nothing from the first draft was kept including the original name so who knows where you should actually count that from.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

I said come in! posted:

KILL THEM ALL.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

I said come in! posted:

And getting better with time.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Codeacious posted:

What are some other games with a huge gap like that? Duke Nukem Forever comes to mind, but uh, that one didn't go so well.

diablo 3, starcraft 2, beyond good and evil 2

edit: oh i misread the question. gap between announcement and release not between sequels. uhhh...

star citizen. probably also beyond good and evil 2.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Ultra Comedy Answer:

S T A R C I T I Z E N

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Wasn't that one cube rpg game in the works for like 12 years and just came out this year

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
When was Star Citizen first announced?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Oh Cube World was only 8 years, not that big

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Awesome Animals posted:

Wikipedia says it started pre-production in 2010.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Awesome Animals posted:

2011, it was originally pitched as a spiritual sequel to Wing Commander, it would just be a single player space sim with a heavy focus on story and combat. Now its turned into an MMO that is promising to have both space flight, and ground combat, and you can mine, be a journalist, space uber driver, haul goods around. Every building, space station, and space ship can be walked around in and fully explored and looked at, and the game is going to have a planet that is an entire city..... eventually. 9 years later and none of this is actually available yet. Chris Roberts in the last month said development will be another 10 years at a minimum.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Did the Gary Oldman portion of star citizen come out?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Bob's Game

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Star Citizen is 100% crowdfunded, and despite promising to be completely transparent and open about development, details of the game are almost completely non-existent. Whenever a new update does come out, it just breaks the game further and adds nothing of substance or content. The only thing that regularly gets updated is the pay to win cash shop where you can buy new ships that range anywhere from $100 - $5000. Almost none of these ships are actually in the game though, you can't fly really any of them yet. Some of them have been purchasable since 2012 and are still not available. People that spend $20,000 on the game get a VIP good for one year to have dinner with Chris Roberts.

Chris Robert hosed off for the last 2 years to work on small indie TV shows and movies, and just recently popped back into the project to ask that people stop being mean about Star Citizen and to stop pointing out that the game is an obvious scam. He claims he is a victim of the internet being mean to him.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
A remake of The Producers but it's Star Citizen instead of Springtime For Hitler

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Did the Gary Oldman portion of star citizen come out?

Beta testing was promised by the end of this summer, no updates on what happened with this and where progress is. The only update anyone has gotten is a roadmap announcement that a roadmap is coming soon that will let everyone know what the development roadmap will look like. I wish I was making this up.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
https://www.amazon.co.jp/PARADE-%E9...02006284&sr=8-1

Didn't know where else to put this. But you can preorder a Journey Traveler figure on amazon japan right now. You can use your normal amazon account, too.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Star Citizen is my favorite game. I'm glad it exists.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i hope cp2077 is the game folks are hoping for and the the shambling pile of shiny mediocrities I am fairly sure it will be

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

bob's game

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm sure CP2077 will be good but the cyberpunk aesthetic is extremely not my poo poo so I will let it pass me by

also loving lmao at them promising up and down there would be no crunch then announcing crunch. Never believe a corporate mouthpiece when they say "we've changed, I swear" until it actually happens. They're usually just lying to make you spend your money on them

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I'm more into cyberfunk

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

i hope cp2077 is the game folks are hoping for and the the shambling pile of shiny mediocrities I am fairly sure it will be
the gently caress/suck equilibrium

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Saint Freak posted:

A remake of The Producers but it's Star Citizen instead of Springtime For Hitler
Uuuuugh. Really want that now, as a musical too. Mix it with the whole Lord British shenanigans for plausible deniability, and at the end reveal that all the money the con artist producers tought they'd funneled into their own accounts actually got rerouted by the eccentric figurehead to buy space trips for the whole team. In the final triumphant musical number everyone gets sent into space and, finally, all become citizens of the stars.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Relax Or DIE posted:

After Witcher 3, I am positive CP77 will be great.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

My prediction is that the presentation of CP77 and its reactivity will be state-of-the-art, world class, top notch stuff, and that the actual gameplay will be nothing more than serviceable mediocrity.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
It will win 2000 awards despite no one making it past the opening ~25%.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Vermain posted:

My prediction is that the presentation of CP77 and its reactivity will be state-of-the-art, world class, top notch stuff, and that the actual gameplay will be nothing more than serviceable mediocrity.

That would be better than Witcher 3 so I'm in

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Vermain posted:

This is one of the reasons why CP77 was delayed. Initial gameplay testing with the gaming press was negative, the shooting was not that good and needed a lot of fine tuning and work. So people are hoping the combat will be really good now. It sounds like though a lot of the delay is just getting the game to actually work on PS4/Xbox One, this is a next-gen game through and through and so both of those consoles are not powerful enough to run it. The most recent delay was because CDPR said neither system could run it at an acceptable frame rate.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

quite the breadth of opinion on baldur's gate 3

Edwin Evans-Thirwell, Eurogamer posted:

Larian's take on BioWare's genre-defining Dungeons & Dragons adaptation is every bit as vibrant, engrossing and startling as you'd expect from the minds behind Divinity: Original Sin 2. [...] Baldur's Gate 3 has the makings of a classic in more senses than one.

Jim Salter, Ars Technica posted:

The game's rendering engine is incredibly beautiful, but the characters it renders are shallow, trite, and frequently downright hateful—and the storyline, at least for the first 15 hours, is pretty similar. [...] Your character and party feel like insignificant gnats and are forced by circumstance to do and see awful things that they're not powerful enough to change.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Weedle posted:

quite the breadth of opinion on baldur's gate 3

it's day 1 of early access who care

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I like Larian's writing but I've noticed a lot of people take offense to the goofiness and think stuff like lecturing a dog about their own impending mortality is mean instead of very funny.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Baldur's Gate 3 is still at least a full year away from being finished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What's the video game equivalent of The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy, Gentleman?

I want to say Duke Nukem Forever but I feel like there must be a better example.