Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

https://twitter.com/comicbook/status/1313492127490494464?s=21

would you care for a spot of tea-baggins while you’re “under my hill”??

Gimli, son of Groin

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
old tom bombadil is a horny fellow! bright blue his penis is, and his buttplug is yellow

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

soundtrack composed by gandalf's fist

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

this sucks poo poo

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

indigi posted:

this sucks poo poo

spoilers

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

indigi posted:

this sucks poo poo

your monitor
turn it on

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

/opens Kindle app on ipad

the gently caress is this please do not gamify my book reading bezos.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

/opens Kindle app on ipad

the gently caress is this please do not gamify my book reading bezos.

i got an audiobook on my iphone that i started and then promptly fell asleep to. when i woke up it said i had met my reading goal! hooray me, level up!

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
made it to season 2 of seaQuest - it’s really bad.

A plot element in this episode is “we’ve been polluting the universe with radio waves for 100 years and suddenly seaQuest is acting like a giant antenna” picking them all up at once.

It’s scifi written by people who don’t have the patience to crack a science book.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
stick it out to season 3.

trust me on this.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

kindle and audible have had low key badges and stuff for about two years hidden in some subtab of a submenu, im guessing some intern project that nobody cares about until now

like apparently I had a great 36 week streak in 2018, but it doesnt check both platforms so it says i read a few books this year in one and well over a dozen in the other

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

It’s scifi written by people who don’t have the patience to crack a science book.

its flipper: the next generation

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
the gbs simpsons meme thread is doing simpsons/dune mashups

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

infernal machines posted:

stick it out to season 3.

trust me on this.

i remember liking the time travel battletech one

also lol hamburgers are illegal in the seaquest future of 2018

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

xD

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

Battle of Balls Deep

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
in my dim 90s memory seaQuest was “star trek in the ocean” and it would be a silly but watchable complement to all of the star treks i have watched up to this point during the pandemic. well i have made it all the way thru TOS -> TNG -> DS9 -> voyager and now bakula trek, the most shameful trek (until star trek discovery, arguably)

bakula trek looks like genius level writing compared to seaQuest

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i remember thinking that ted raimi's character must've been the smartest person on the planet for knowing every language

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Sagebrush posted:

your monitor
turn it on

gently caress.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
The worst part about seaQuest is that I WANT it to be good, but it isn’t.

This episode is about a group of terrirists who are genetically engineered soldiers who want basic human rights so they take control of the ronald reagan memorial orbital laser platform and use it to blow up the atmospheric oxygen regeneration stations that were put in place after the great rainforest clearcutting of 2014. Not only that, the terrorists WIN.

That plot could be *amazing* but literally every part of the execution beyond that basic plot outline is complete garbage.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
what idiot titled it "Dark Knight Returns" instead of "Despite My Old Age I am Still Just a Bat in a Rage?"

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

rotor posted:

what idiot titled it "Dark Knight Returns" instead of "Despite My Old Age I am Still Just a Bat in a Rage?"

eh? eh? are you not entertained?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

rotor posted:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

This episode is about a group of terrirists who are genetically engineered soldiers who want basic human rights so they take control of the ronald reagan memorial orbital laser platform and use it to blow up the atmospheric oxygen regeneration stations that were put in place after the great rainforest clearcutting of 2014. Not only that, the terrorists WIN.

That plot could be *amazing* but literally every part of the execution beyond that basic plot outline is complete garbage.

i feel like i may have mislead you. it doesn't actually get better than this. if you're not enjoying it at this point, you probably won't enjoy the rest of it either.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

also they're supposed to look like they've been stitched together from every race with frankenscience

and then they let one join the crew and make him the ship's janitor lol

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

i feel like i may have mislead you. it doesn't actually get better than this. if you're not enjoying it at this point, you probably won't enjoy the rest of it either.

lol no, i am enjoying it, but for me the enjoyment is in complaining about it after i watch it, and getting my poor girlfriend to watch it with me

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

oh, fair.

it's good mst3k-esque get sloshed and yell at the screen with friends fodder. and trust me, it gets weirder into season 3

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

oh, fair.

it's good mst3k-esque get sloshed and yell at the screen with friends fodder. and trust me, it gets weirder into season 3

i haven't watched it since i was a kid, but is that when they get abducted by aliens and taken to a water planet

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i think that's the end of s2, s3 jumps into the future and is a dark gritty mess

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i like the episode where they get all hosed up on homemade submarine grog and shoot the longhair kid out a torpedo tube into the mariana trench

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

FMguru posted:

the gbs simpsons meme thread is doing simpsons/dune mashups

this had better have a "stupid sexy feyd" one in it

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
water aliens suck the worst because how do you even invent fire or discover electricity underwater

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
they find the crashed alien ship in the 2nd to last ep of s1. that was some silly poo poo.

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

SmokaDustbowl posted:

water aliens suck the worst because how do you even invent fire or discover electricity underwater

that came up in The Algebraist, where a) it is quite hard, and b) the water aliens end up being smug about it

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Glorgnole posted:

that came up in The Algebraist, where a) it is quite hard, and b) the water aliens end up being smug about it

oh poo poo you just reminded me to do my smac turn

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

seaquest talk is making me want to re-watch stargate

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
sent the yossmac

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

this is like the finale of enterprise but worse. amazing. i think i blanked the whole show out aside from the twist season 3 as a form of self preservation

oh, fair.

ooo thats the right way to enjoy it honestly. it was goofy fun at times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

SmokaDustbowl posted:

sent the yossmac

thank

you reminded me as well, and i in turn sent it along!