Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

mischief posted:

Oh boy a Pocono double header.

Schedule looks intriguing, snark aside.

Pocono did that this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

CBJSprague24 posted:

These are all plausible. Jones could help the 37 team, Briscoe to the 14 makes sense, Larson to the 48/88 makes Hendrick a heel stable, :rip: Preece (though McDowell has had them in the top 20 on speed this year, so maybe not?). Spire will be interesting to see if they actually try to become a competitive team (as Jeff Dickerson indicated on DJD) or if they're really just Charter squatting.

They’re charter squatting next year for sure.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

kyle busch just havin fun out there

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

chamois posted:

kyle busch just havin fun out there

somehow i suspect he is not

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

can't wait til they put somebody good in the 14

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Crowd cheering for Bubba getting wrecked. gently caress I hate this sport's fanbase.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

lol kyle busch frontend stripped clean

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

oh hell yeah logano's done too

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
These rules seem really dumb.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Elephanthead posted:

These rules seem really dumb.

without overtime rules logano would've won because of a caution with 6 to go

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/jeff_gluck/status/1312877859585753088?s=19

Hey guys, I hate NBC Sports.

chamois posted:

lol kyle busch frontend stripped clean

I don't think I've ever seen through under the hood of a car until that one.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

bubba haters getting their money's worth today

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Also this is a banner day for also-rans like timmy hill and quinn houff

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

gently caress Hamlin

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
All that for another Harvlin win. Yawn.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_asNhzXq72w

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower
That's some bullllshit

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

big nipples big life posted:

Crowd cheering for Bubba getting wrecked. gently caress I hate this sport's fanbase.

This sport is the Titanic and we're the dumbasses sitting on the deck chillin' to the bangin' violin music.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

At least they booed Denny winning

Astounding he didn’t get black flagged for the last pass

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home
I was watching behind via DVR and of course NBC can't finish the last 10 minutes of a 4 hour race because the local news is so goddamn important. Flipped over to NBCSN, rewound as much as possible to see the last shot of the broadcast with DennyTime lifting his fist victoriously so I guess I can't be too disappointed that missed the finish. I don't know how exciting it was, I'm pretty sure Denny was coming from the back of the grid to make the victory so that is something, but him winning is just a wet loving fart this season.

Seriously though switching channels for the last 3 laps is loving ridiculous NBC. As much as I don't want to watch Denny win I've committed enough time to this loving sport I deserve to be crushed by the results as I see convenient for me to watch them.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

I'm jealous of the people who don't have NBCSN

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Ungratek posted:

At least they booed Denny winning

I think they cheered louder when Bubba crashed out though, so

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
It's pretty fortunate that running races in states totally ignoring the pandemic NASCAR doesn't have to make any adjustments for fans for social distancing

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
lmao Larson issues an apology in which he manages to blame foreigners for teaching him the N-word.

https://racer.com/2020/10/05/i-will-not-stop-listening-and-learning-but-for-now-its-about-action-larson/

Again, gently caress this fuckin guy.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

gently caress Larson. That word gets thrown around casually in the racist way where he's from so having a very hard time believing this story.

binaryhermit
Mar 29, 2015
So, Alex Bowman to the 48 car.

Larson to the Heil Hi... err, 88 car?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I'm furiously wishing for something else to happen this week but with any spare mental energy I will pull for the Kyle Larson #88 Großdeutsches Reich Chevrolet Camaro

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

i thought it was basically assumed the #88 was closing down

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

maffew buildings posted:

gently caress Larson. That word gets thrown around casually in the racist way where he's from so having a very hard time believing this story.

people say the N word a lot in sacramento?

e: drat it's true

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Cygni posted:

i thought it was basically assumed the #88 was closing down

i think this was even explicitly said

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Wrong thread

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

whoops

:dale:

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

chamois posted:

people say the N word a lot in sacramento?

e: drat it's true

Once you get outside of the city proper it gets very good old boy racist very fast.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

can confirm that suburban and exurban norcal is full of lots of edgelord racism and cowboy cosplaying rednecks like you wouldnt believe. true of the whole west coast really. the urban areas are dense and progressive, the countryside is turbo racist and lovely.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

Cygni posted:

can confirm that suburban and exurban [insert any state of the union, including liberal bastions like NY and MA] is full of lots of edgelord racism and cowboy cosplaying rednecks like you wouldnt believe.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

I think the biggest problem I have is that the fans are going to love him when he comes back because he said the word.

Regardless of whether he regrets it or has learned anything, which I suspect he has, the sport is worse off because of what he's done, in a way that no amount of apology will fix. What also won't fix it is permanently banning him from the sport, because that wouldn't happen in any other organized sport in the world. He's just created a situation where everything is worse and there's nothing anybody can do to fix it.

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower
Southeast MA is loaded with people who proudly fly the confederate flag and think Obama was a secret Kenyan muslim. Maybe not as much as other parts of the country, but more than most people would expect from a state that regularly votes blue.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

SwampYankee posted:

Southeast MA is loaded with people who proudly fly the confederate flag and think Obama was a secret Kenyan muslim. Maybe not as much as other parts of the country, but more than most people would expect from a state that regularly votes blue.

I thought that was more a western MA kind of thing? I've lived in Plymouth the last 7 years and grew up on Cape Cod and don't find that kind of attitude to be overwhelming enough that I can think of an instance of actually seeing the stars and bars being flown any time recently. I've definitely heard some off color poo poo from certain people but not in the communities I've been in on the whole.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 9 days!)

now they have the blue line flag for plausible deniability

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/ClintBowyer/status/1314341481814122496

chase briscoe come on down