Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The real Netflix theater experience will be getting your seat, scrolling for ten minutes not finding anything to watch and just settling on taking a nap to another episode of Star Trek TNG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It'll start off as free small popcorn for prime members, but over time they'll offer more poo poo you don't want like a free 8"x10" poster for I Now Pronounce You Chuck And Larry as a bonus but the free popcorn will get smaller and shittier.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Anyone in the theater can pause the movie to see the X-ray info.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Or rewind 30 seconds because they got lost while looking at their phone.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Did Netflix and the other streaming services ever bring back up their bitrates from when Covid started, or are they just going to keep them there forever like I originally suspected?

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

MacheteZombie posted:

One of them will be bought by disney.. once the time is right

Disney just laid off 28,000 people, their primary profit driver is currently likely a money pit, and they spent $72 billion on buying a competing movie studio a year ago, they likely don’t have loose cash just floating around to buy that much real estate and won’t for several years.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Cameo posted:

Disney just laid off 28,000 people, their primary profit driver is currently likely a money pit, and they spent $72 billion on buying a competing movie studio a year ago, they likely don’t have loose cash just floating around to buy that much real estate and won’t for several years.

:lmao:

It would kind of own if COVID broke Disney

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
It would 1000% own. Especially if the talks of the parks covering some insanely shady accounting were accurate.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Detective No. 27 posted:

The real Netflix theater experience will be getting your seat, scrolling for ten minutes not finding anything to watch and just settling on taking a nap to another episode of Star Trek TNG.

Literally call the theater chain Netflix and Chill, hourly rates available.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Neo Rasa posted:

Will the Amazon theaters have Prime like you can just walk into an empty theater on a Tuesday at 3AM and watch whatever the gently caress lol

They show like a hundred different movies but you can never be sure if you're gonna get a 35mm print, a 4k DCP, or someone projecting a VHS tape with the wrong aspect ratio in buzzy mono sound.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

The Cameo posted:

I figure the big benficiaries will be multinationals whose primary income is from places that have things more under control.

Honestly that's gonna happen to a LOT of American businesses.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Maxwell Lord posted:

They show like a hundred different movies but you can never be sure if you're gonna get a 35mm print, a 4k DCP, or someone projecting a VHS tape with the wrong aspect ratio in buzzy mono sound.

I was watching some profoundly lovely action movie on Prime and I swear to god a VCR tracking bar came up at one point.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://mobile.twitter.com/realbenfeldman/status/1313611111686602752

It is real

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Is Cage still in a position where his financials are so poo poo that he’ll take any role? He’s the Cameron Mitchell of his generation.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Is anyone ever going to be nostalgic for 2010s schlock? It's just got no personality.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

feedmyleg posted:

Is anyone ever going to be nostalgic for 2010s schlock? It's just got no personality.

It will live on forever as they can't undo giving The Green Book Best Picture

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

The Cameo posted:

what profit driver is that? Not having a go, I just can't work out what you're referring to.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Snowman_McK posted:

what profit driver is that? Not having a go, I just can't work out what you're referring to.

I'm assuming they're referring to the theme parks which in non-covid years make orders of magnitude more money than the movies and TV side of the business.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

8one6 posted:

I'm assuming they're referring to the theme parks which in non-covid years make orders of magnitude more money than the movies and TV side of the business.

The answer is Flavacol op

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The previously announced Resident Evil reboot has released the cast and it looks like they're going more towards the game story with the movie being a mix of RE1 and 2. Also weirdly enough they said that it will be a period piece with the movie set in 1998.

Kaya Scodelario - Claire Redfield
Hannah John-Kamen - Jill Valentine (expect some chud complaints about that one)
Robbie Amell - Chris Redfield
Avan Jogia - rookie cop Leon S Kennedy (probably not as many complaints as Jill but there will still be some)
Tom Hopper - Albert Wesker
Neal McDonough - William Birkin

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

muscles like this! posted:

The previously announced Resident Evil reboot has released the cast and it looks like they're going more towards the game story with the movie being a mix of RE1 and 2. Also weirdly enough they said that it will be a period piece with the movie set in 1998.

Avan Jogia - rookie cop Leon S Kennedy (probably not as many complaints as Jill but there will still be some)

This casting is excellent and I'm all for it except I hope Jogia shaves. I've seen his pictures and he favors a mustache. Leon Kennedy never has facial hair in any of the video games.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
My expectations of Resident Evil movies couldn't be lower. I never heard of a lot of those actors, so I'm just going to assume you mean that they aren't as white as their video game versions, and that's why chuds won't like it.

E: Besides M. Bison there.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/oct/06/tenet-didnt-just-fail-to-save-cinema-it-may-well-have-killed-it-for-good

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Yeah I like pretty much everyone there in something. That's a good start.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Firstborn posted:

My expectations of Resident Evil movies couldn't be lower. I never heard of a lot of those actors, so I'm just going to assume you mean that they aren't as white as their video game versions, and that's why chuds won't like it.

E: Besides M. Bison there.

You've probably seen everybody in something or another.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Nap Ghost
I really liked Jill Valentine’s “performance” in the RE3 Remake. I thought she was a cool action heroine.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

You've probably seen everybody in something or another.

No, you're right.
The actual story of Resident Evil is intentional dogshit shlock, but any camp injected in this project would be met with anger, I think. The last 2~ Resident Evil games have been good (Capcom kind of getting a boost in the arm in general with Devil May Cry 5 being good, too), so it's like... do you play this goofy poo poo straight? Do you write a new story that features zombies and bore the gently caress out of everyone? I'm not sure what the hell you do with this.
Not for nothing, but I'm not super ready for more supercop protags, either.

(Unless it's Jackie Chan)

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Capcoms biggest boost was Monster Hinter World out of nowhere being their biggest success ever so of course they fave it to Paul WS Anderson who is trying to make Stargate

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Kaya Scodelario was pretty good in Crawl given her entire goal in the movie was to swim good and dodge alligators.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naqZx5oF9Yg

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Firstborn posted:

No, you're right.
The actual story of Resident Evil is intentional dogshit shlock, but any camp injected in this project would be met with anger, I think. The last 2~ Resident Evil games have been good (Capcom kind of getting a boost in the arm in general with Devil May Cry 5 being good, too), so it's like... do you play this goofy poo poo straight? Do you write a new story that features zombies and bore the gently caress out of everyone? I'm not sure what the hell you do with this.

Yeah, that cast list isn't helping with figuring out the tone because they've all been pretty much all over the place.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Fartington Butts posted:

Kaya Scodelario was pretty good in Crawl given her entire goal in the movie was to swim good and dodge alligators.

Watched this not too long ago, and after like her third scene crawling around barefoot I remembered that Tarantino had it in his top 10 of the year list...

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

I weirdly enjoy the Resident Evil movies, and went to see the last one in the theaters (and don't regret it). They're schlock, but they're exactly the sort of movie I want to watch sometimes. I'm on board for another go at the franchise, though.

Apparently the director did those 47 Meters Down movies. Are those well-made?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/claire-foy-james-mcavoy-to-star-in-my-son-thriller

This is either going to be amazing or terrible. I can't wait.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That's a pretty good cast.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Firstborn posted:

No, you're right.

not sure i want an ageing super pro china cop either tbh

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Thats a good cast for a series that undulates wildly between tense personal horror, grimdark action heroism, and punching a boulder to death.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

not sure i want an ageing super pro china cop either tbh

isn't he only super pro china because his son isn't and he does it to keep the son from getting reeducated?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Len posted:

isn't he only super pro china because his son isn't and he does it to keep the son from getting reeducated?

It was partly because his son got caught doing drugs (read: weed), but he also saw more profitability working with China. Contrast with chow Yun fatt who just said gently caress it, I'm rich enough and I give zero shits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Len posted:

You have to be pro China if you want a successful career as an actor in China.