Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Do they specifically state it will actually be PS5/Series enhanced? I could see them just giving you the PS4 or XB1 version and calling it good, since it'll work on those consoles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Aiden Pearce's Iconic Last-Gen Game

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Bust Rodd posted:

Like it or not, Aidan Pearce and his Iconic Cap are the Antifa-Super soldiers we need right now

Good ol uncle Vash

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

univbee posted:

Do they specifically state it will actually be PS5/Series enhanced? I could see them just giving you the PS4 or XB1 version and calling it good, since it'll work on those consoles.

It says the complete edition from 2014, so that makes me think it will be the backwards compatible version.

I thought Watch_Dogs 1 was aggressively fine so if it's a next-gen update I'll... not play it, but I won't be unhappy it exists.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Vikar Jerome posted:

that sucks. big uk cinema i sub to has closed temporary like it did during lockdown but govt furlough pay is about to stop, they think they'll be open next year for bond but poo poo is so uneasy. thinking of forcing myself to go this week in a plastic bag or something.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

WD1 was aggressively wank and janky with gently caress all attention to minor details for a “next gen” game at the time.

I remember car headlights casting no shadows and fire hydrants just spraying up through the body of the car like it wasn’t there.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Nail Rat posted:

There's nothing that works well. Wario 64 has been too slow usually, and also generally Nowinstock fails to even notice preorders go up. There's really nothing you can do aside from be in the right place at the right time. It's bad.

Nowinstock has been glitchy as hell for me too. I'll use the browser alerts and then it'll log me out without even telling me after about 10 minutes. And if I do the email alerts, I don't get them until about 20 minutes later. So I'm just hoping that Amazon randomly gets in stock with them while I'm checking something else.

I figure I probably won't actually get one until like January or February. Which is ok because the launch titles aren't anything special, but I'm impatient.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

WD1 was aggressively wank and janky with gently caress all attention to minor details

ubisoft.txt

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

lol Watch Dogs was literally the first big game I purchased on PS4.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
WD1 was cross generation

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I got it off eBay like a month after launch for £15 and thought that was just a pretty sweet bargain until I played it and realised I got ripped off.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I actually really enjoyed Watch Dogs' multiplayer. The whole gimmick of a lethal, competitive hide-and-seek was fun and I used to have a bunch of clips of me outsmarting and tricking players into doing what I wanted. So I'm kind of disappointed that Invasions aren't available at launch for Legion.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Policenaut posted:

Uhhh Invasions aren't in the game at launch though??? WTF?

That's especially weird given the delay, but I'm fine with waiting for invasions to be added before playing since there's so much else coming out in the fall. For some reason the PS5 version doesn't even release until November 24.

edit: actually according to that video the PS5 version does release on the 12th, but retailers still have it listed for the 24th. Weird.

J-Spot fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Oct 6, 2020

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Policenaut posted:

I actually really enjoyed Watch Dogs' multiplayer. The whole gimmick of a lethal, competitive hide-and-seek was fun and I used to have a bunch of clips of me outsmarting and tricking players into doing what I wanted. So I'm kind of disappointed that Invasions aren't available at launch for Legion.

It was great at the start before people really figured out you could instantly check if you were being invaded by pausing your game. I loved just trailing people and messing with them.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’m already committed to AC Valhalla being my Regrettable Ubisoft Launch Purchase for this gen.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I'm really hyped for Legion, the new NPC tracking/recruitment system sounds amazing and shockingly experimental for a big budget ubisoft openworld. And I really liked WD2 as well.

Definitely way more interesting than Assassins Creed Valhalla, which I will also buy because I'm all ubisoft this PS5 launch, except for Cyberpunk obviously.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

WD1 was aggressively wank and janky with gently caress all attention to minor details for a “next gen” game at the time.

I remember car headlights casting no shadows and fire hydrants just spraying up through the body of the car like it wasn’t there.

Wank and jank sounds like any given Friday night as a teen who liked videogames.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

I’m already committed to AC Valhalla being my Regrettable Ubisoft Launch Purchase for this gen.

Same, though I think it’ll be like Black Flag level quality instead of Watch Dogs. Origins and Odyssey were both really fun.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Okay Walmart thanks

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

WD Legion looks like a loving op, man

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I’ve already preordered both open world Ubisoft cross gen titles. Farewell.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Anyone have advice on navigating the pre order maze? I have a vague sense that everywhere sold out, but haven’t done any digging. I’d like one of these since I made the wrong bet last generation in an Xbox, and want to play some of the old exclusives plus new shinies. The trick is my wife really wants to play Assassins Creed Valhalla on launch day, and if u don’t have a PS5 in hand then, I will be forced to get it for the old Xbox and then we will be stuck for a while with that.

So basically, is there a reasonable chance I can wander into Best Buy five days after launch and get one? Or do I need to channel Gollum.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I think you're going to need to camp out to buy one at a store this year

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, the more I see about it the more I lean towards buying a replacement PSVR now and a PS5 some time next year.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Real hurthling! posted:

I think you're going to need to camp out to buy one at a store this year

My city of 5 million still hasn't opened retail lol. Seriously considering staying home for console delivery week so no one jacks my poo poo. Usually the mail man just goes by the honour system in the lobby despite about 1500 people living in the building.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Arcturas posted:

Anyone have advice on navigating the pre order maze? I have a vague sense that everywhere sold out, but haven’t done any digging. I’d like one of these since I made the wrong bet last generation in an Xbox, and want to play some of the old exclusives plus new shinies. The trick is my wife really wants to play Assassins Creed Valhalla on launch day, and if u don’t have a PS5 in hand then, I will be forced to get it for the old Xbox and then we will be stuck for a while with that.

So basically, is there a reasonable chance I can wander into Best Buy five days after launch and get one? Or do I need to channel Gollum.

You get to be the Gollum you've always wanted to be. The console sold out in like 5 minutes and every time they go in stock again anywhere they sell out in less than a minute. It comes out mid-November, so I figure between the pre-order fanboys and the mom's wanting it for their kids on Christmas, they are going to be non-existent until like February/March. Even people that pre-ordered are getting told they can't guarantee it ships this year, so I think everyone who hasn't already pre-ordered is SOL.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

My tiny rural area is kitbashing some pseudo-midnight launch where the day before you wander into electronics, give them your name and cell number, then you get a ticket with a number on it and you wander back at midnight to get your stuff. Hopefully your number is low enough to get one!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Anyone got a reccomendation for a monitor that would suit the ps5's juice for under. 24 or 27/8inch is all I'm chasing to fit my set up. I play a lot of shooters if that matters?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I said come in! posted:

Nah you'll be fine. There won't be any real big additional load on PSN from this.

Absolutely untrue; Your typical "peak" load is an ebb and flow of timezones, available free time, and individual game session length. Your peak at-launch load is literally everyone logging in to set up their consoles and play with their expensive new toy for hours on-end. Just look at what's happened with global bandwidth during COVID with everyone turning on Netflix.

And with a digital-only edition, that means a good chunk of them are also gonna be hammering PSN to download their new purchases.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
:siren: AUSGOONS:siren:

If you have a JB Hi-FI preorder Check your phones and keep them close as the payment texts are going out. I just got mine.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Aus folk, I just got a text telling me to make a payment on the preorder through JB HI FI. the expiry on the link is on Sunday so if you didn’t get a preorder they’ll probably cycle you through the queue after then.

e: phone textin’ didn’t see above post lol

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Aus folk, I just got a text telling me to make a payment on the preorder through JB HI FI. the expiry on the link is on Sunday so if you didn’t get a preorder they’ll probably cycle you through the queue after then.

e: phone textin’ didn’t see above post lol

Is it just me or did the wording in the order make it sound like they might actually be in the launch batch?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Is it just me or did the wording in the order make it sound like they might actually be in the launch batch?

What'd it say?

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Shirkelton posted:

What'd it say?

posted:

Great news! Your PS5 Playstation 5 Console pre-order is ready for final payment. Avoid the wait by choosing Click & Collect to pick up from your local JB store on release day! Pay now at (link) Be quick and don't lose your spot in the queue! Link expires Sunday 11 October 11:59pm (AEST)

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If you pay for it, yeah

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

Got my text from JB too, now the waiting begins. Any of you live in Plaguetown too?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

fappenmeister posted:

Got my text from JB too, now the waiting begins. Any of you live in Plaguetown too?

Yup, getting mine delivered rather than picked up because gently caress going near a retail store in Melbourne anytime soon. Kinda sad I didn't score an EB preorder on that count, because they do try drat hard to ship new stuff early so it arrives on/near release day. JB Hi-Fi always just sends it out on the day.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1313811387815206913

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

It is the size of his torso :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser