Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Spooky Halloween Outfit Ideas
This poll is closed.
The guy from Hades 37 7.76%
The priest from Faith 22 4.61%
A Corpse from Microsoft's Graveyard 27 5.66%
The Ouya 62 13.00%
Google Stadia (scariest option) 73 15.30%
Mr. Mosquito 31 6.50%
Did someone say Bowsette? BECAUSE I AM PRETTY SURE I HEARD SOMEONE SAY BOWSETTE 122 25.58%
Wario (nude) 62 13.00%
Wario (formal) 33 6.92%
Captain N 8 1.68%
Total: 304 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

haha what posted:

crash 4 post

this is all v encouraging to hear i was sure they would mess it up lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I played about an hour of Spelunky 2 before refunding it, it’s the rare game where I’d rather watch someone good play it than get good at it myself. I never made it past the temple stage in the first game, and the second one ramps things up a little more than I’d like.

10/10 game though

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

cheetah7071 posted:

I posted about this but didn't post the screenshot, so, for bingo's sake, here's my 32 heat clear.

Oh my god that aspect and those boons are incredible

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

wuggles posted:

You should be skeptical of any western AAA game imo. They are typically boring, shiny misery simulators made under inhumane conditions

Play Astral Chain instead

Yes please only buy games from japanese developers, a culture completely lacking in problematic overworking whatsoever

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I played a little Rogue Company last night which is that one Counter-Strike knock-off. No not that one or that one or that one. The Hi-Rez one.

The gunplay feels real good and the headshot sound is satisfyingly clinky, but I'm no CS expert so I can't comment much on how the changes affect the game (3rd person, shoulder-swapping, rolls, different shop, etc.)

In any case their best game was Global Agenda and they should bring that back.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I will play Hades one day. I don’t want to get it for Switch due to joycon drift and my laptop just isn’t up to snuff. I should just sync one of my 8bitdo controllers to the Switch and call it a day.

Relax Or DIE posted:

I usually go into BitD with a basic concept and a handful of bullet points and just let what happens happens.

I do the same but I usually make like four options for the crew to choose from. When I ran Pathfinder and D&D, I would make one elaborate area and then whatever the party would do kind of led them there (my friend, who also GMed some games, would do more murder mystery type things where you had to ask the right person the right thing to progress. I’m not a fan of that style). Blades is nice because I feel like everyone of the players gets to contribute in fun ways to things with little downtime.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
What's everyone got on their rest-of-the-year list?

I want to play through:

13 Sentinels
Astral Chain
Bloodborne
Sekiro
Night in the Woods (replay, it's the right time of year for it)

and I think that'll put me just over 20 games finished this year.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

If I can beat Sekiro's final boss, finish the FFXIV MSQ and make a start on Cyberpunk I'll consider it a successful year.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Oh also maybe Judgement and play more SM3D All-Stars

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
get a win in spelunky 2
new amnesia game
cyberpunk

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I want to play through:

13 Sentinels
Astral Chain
Bloodborne
Sekiro
Night in the Woods (replay, it's the right time of year for it)

and I think that'll put me just over 20 games finished this year.

Death stranding
TLOU
TLOU2
FFVIIremake
Last guardian
Persona 5
Witcher 3
Are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I have started and enjoyed all of these (except TLOU2 which was a gift and I have not begun)

Thanks brain for making me pick up and drop games constantly.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

VideoGames posted:

Death stranding

Yep forgot that I want to play this too, thanks brain.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Finish Yakuza Kiwami before trade-in

Spider-Man: Miles Morales
Yakuza 7
Star Wars Squadrons if the PSVR adapter for the PS5 is available
Cyberpunk (if reviews are decent)
Hades

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

My GotY is just going to be ShallNoiseUpon's games of previous years that he played in 2020.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Then get in as many board game sessions as loving possible :nyoron:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

VideoGames posted:

Death stranding
TLOU
TLOU2
FFVIIremake
Last guardian
Persona 5
Witcher 3
Are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I have started and enjoyed all of these (except TLOU2 which was a gift and I have not begun)

Thanks brain for making me pick up and drop games constantly.

This is like 300+ hours worth of game. :v:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Then get in as many board game sessions as loving possible :nyoron:

Monkey's paw finger curls, it's one very, very long game of Twilight Imperium.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

stev posted:

Yep. For normal gamers. Whereas I am slow as heck. I think that is one reason I keep worrying about them. On average if someone says a game is 30 hours I can usually beat it in 45-50.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Jedi Fallen Order
Outer Worlds
Spider-Man
Dark Souls 3
Nier Automata
Ace Combat 7
Fifa 20

and maybe....

Trials of Mana
Sekiro
Ghost of Tsushima

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Monkey's paw finger curls, it's one very, very long game of Twilight Imperium.

All games of TI are very very long :v:

I can easily see the 8 player version going for at least 14hrs+

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

fridge corn posted:

Jedi Fallen Order
Outer Worlds
Spider-Man
Dark Souls 3
Nier Automata
Ace Combat 7
Fifa 20

and maybe....

Trials of Mana
Sekiro
Ghost of Tsushima

I've played everything on the top of your list and they're all incredibly good choices.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Maybe I'll get CP2077 but the rest of the year is looking surprisingly thin. Hope SOR4 announces some DLC soon.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
All the games gotta get out of the way of the Miyamoto-Killer : Crash Bandicoot Goes Fourth

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

stev posted:

I think my Persona 5 file alone was like 110-120 hours

I sometimes see Royal on sale and feel like I should go for it but it's so long

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'll make an effort post tomorrow, but you should check out this Kickstarter and you should back this Kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cartographersheroes/cartographers-heroes-3-map-pack-expansions

tl;dr the original game has basically become both mine and my various gaming groups favourite board games to bring to the table.
The sequel above adds a bunch of really cool poo poo to improve an already amazing game.

Straight up an Infinitum Good Board Game Guarantee that you will not regret backing this.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The original got robbed for Board Game of The Year last year :argh:

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I need to play more Hades. I don't know what heat or aspecting mean despite 12 or so total runs. I just want to give all my juice to achilles and ares.

I'm going to beat FFT and FFVI before the end of the year, and I will probably play Cyberpunk when it comes out. Otherwise, I'm staying fast and loose with what I prioritize.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Infinitum posted:

I'll make an effort post tomorrow, but you should check out this Kickstarter and you should back this Kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cartographersheroes/cartographers-heroes-3-map-pack-expansions

tl;dr the original game has basically become both mine and my various gaming groups favourite board games to bring to the table.
The sequel above adds a bunch of really cool poo poo to improve an already amazing game.

Straight up an Infinitum Good Board Game Guarantee that you will not regret backing this.

I trust your good word.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I think Ill play Brutal Legend tomorrow when it drops and then even more Doom WADs. Hopefully this will carry me to the new systems launch and I can play Yakuza 7.

At some indeterminate point in the future I want a new spyro game.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Barudak posted:

I think Ill play Brutal Legend tomorrow when it drops and then even more Doom WADs. Hopefully this will carry me to the new systems launch and I can play Yakuza 7.

At some indeterminate point in the future I want a new spyro game.

Didn't Brutal Legend come out a decade ago?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Maybe I'll get that Lovecraft book I kickstarted in 2017 this year!

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Awesome Animals posted:

it's coming to gamepass tomorrow

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Awesome Animals posted:

Comes out on Game Pass tomorrow. I played the opening and part of a late mission when it came out originally but never finished it but now, like, eh lets do it it can't be worse than Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy which I just tried to play.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
It's a pretty good game as long as you know and expect that it's actually a stealth spiritual sequel to Sacrifice rather than just the somewhat open world action action game it initially appears to be.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
My goal for the end of the year is that I want to finish making something game-related.

I doubt I'm gonna get a sudden jolt of energy and inspiration and understanding of programming to be able to make either of the openxcom mods I want to make or the tales of maj'eyal mod I wish I could make, but I've very slowly started kinda pecking away at making an apocalypse engine pen & paper rpg. I have no clue what I'm doing so I'm just typing up stuff as I go and I'm hoping to maybe have something at the end that I can organize into a playable thing and who knows, maybe I'll actually do a test run of it and ask for some volunteers from here.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Brutal Legend killed, I believe 2 of the like 6 360s I went through. I don't think I ever finished it.

edit: in related news people are apparently saying now that the Xbox New Thing gets really loving hot so oh boy

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Oct 7, 2020

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I just want the new consoles to be quiet

it's been so bad with the PS3/4

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I haven't noticed my PS4's fan at all in years

stev
Jan 22, 2013