Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Achmed Jones posted:

bushido blade 2 was extremely my poo poo back in the day. I'd love a new bushido blade

there have been some cheapo indie sword games with more or less own-hit-kills (or injures), but nothing polished

if you have a ps4 get ghost of tsushima and play it on high difficulty

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

squish'em and balloon challenge are fine as they are so they don't need new versions and the rest of the old games that were any good are still being copied.

gimme more levels for the Puzzle Mode in Landmaker, tho.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

haveblue posted:

if you have a ps4 get ghost of tsushima and play it on high difficulty

that sounds hard though and I'm bad at video games

realtalk, thanks for the tip! I wanna get that, but it's hard to get violent PS4 games because the time where I can play them is so limited (I don't really want little jones to see people getting stabbed or w/e).

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/ryanodonnell/status/1313875190162415616?s=20

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

aww you burnt my wookie

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat

Achmed Jones posted:

bushido blade 2 was extremely my poo poo back in the day. I'd love a new bushido blade

there have been some cheapo indie sword games with more or less own-hit-kills (or injures), but nothing polished

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1000360/Hellish_Quart/

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

poo poo I might have to get a windows computer (also thank you)

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Achmed Jones posted:

realtalk, thanks for the tip! I wanna get that, but it's hard to get violent PS4 games because the time where I can play them is so limited (I don't really want little jones to see people getting stabbed or w/e).
i was playing hitman 2 a while ago and my 3 y/o came in and asked why that man just fell over lol

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Achmed Jones posted:

was about to post this

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

pro click

https://youtu.be/sWLMbmAv0tg

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

xbox is hugehot

quote:

We're just over a month from the launch of the Xbox Series X, but if you're thinking of buying one here's a word of warning: it runs hot.

That's according to journalist Ken Bogard from French video games site Jeux Video (courtesy of VGC). In a video, Bogard praised the Series X's quiet running, but expressed surprise at how hot the console got.

"The Series X is hot, like really hot!" Bogard said in the video. "It doesn’t make any noise, but drat it’s hot! The console is emitting heat like crazy. It’s almost like a fireplace shaft. You can heat up your flat with it."

The video has since been removed from Twitch with no explanation.

The claim was backed up by Giant Bomb co-host Jeff Bakalar. In a separate video, he said his console was releasing a lot of heat even in standby mode. He also appeared to burn his hand on its storage expansion.
If you watch the ps5 teardown fully 50% of the volume of the thing is fans and ducting so this isn't shocking but nobody's mentioned that about the ps5, maybe the extra 4 tflops the xbox has weren't worth it?

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
the xbox is as big and as hot as the sun

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
does it use the wrong ram? this is important

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FMguru posted:

does it use the wrong ram? this is important

only the series s uses the wrong ram

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

the xbox is as big and as hot as the sun

same

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Those are all review units sent out to YouTube Professional Thing Likers, so the thermal throttling is probably severely restricted or outright disabled to boost the apparent performance of the system in order to generate maximum YouTube Reaction Face

Naturally these review units will die inside of a month from the resulting thermal stresses, the actual retail units probably maintain a more realistic thermal envelope.

Anyway lol if you buy a console and double lol if you buy a launch unit to play launch titles.

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

Sapozhnik posted:

Anyway lol if you buy a console and double lol if you buy a launch unit to play launch titles.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

owning a console is fine

agree about launch day though

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
is ps now the streaming service or is it like you subscribe and get access to a library of games

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

the streaming service, playstation does not currently have a gamepass equivalent although it's likely they'll start one in the near future

Weedle
May 31, 2006

bump_fn posted:

is ps now the streaming service or is it like you subscribe and get access to a library of games

it's both

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

bump_fn posted:

ps now is a streaming service for certain ps2, ps3 and ps4 games. some of the ps4 (and maybe some of the ps2?) titles you can download to your hard drive and they play more or less like ps+ titles do. accessible until the sub ends or, for certain (AAA) titles, until they rotate off the service after a couple months

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

i have to stream fallout new vegas as it’s a ps3 title but it will be on the service indefinitely.

i downloaded days gone (which just came onto psnow) and can play it locally or streaming until feb 2021 or w/e

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
it's not gamepass but could easily become a gamepass competitor if sony feels threatened

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Sapozhnik posted:

launch titles now are just fancier versions of titles currently in development with the invisible graphics sliders moved up a notch. it's not like 15+ years ago when the hardware was completely redesigned every few years and everyone had to restart from square one

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

i would like new ps5 just to play my ps4 games with less load times. not badly enough to get one any sooner than “easily, at costco” sometime in 2021

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
Do not buy any game released in October, November, or December unless you want to beta-test rushed buggy crunchtime trash.

Possibly buy games released last October.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

sorry, still going to buy cyberpunk

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

The Fool posted:

sorry, still going to buy cyberpunk
username / post synergy on point

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Uptime Sinclair posted:

i have to stream fallout new vegas as it’s a ps3 title but it will be on the service indefinitely.

i downloaded days gone (which just came onto psnow) and can play it locally or streaming until feb 2021 or w/e
is all the dlc there for fonv?

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
was looking at what things was well received at the time that i had never played, wihch works well under proton, and figured i could spend $5 on dead space

barely into it and oh man is this a late 00's game with the demeanor and proportions of the female character int he intro scene

its especially jarring after playing through Control twice

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I'm super high and have an intense craving for multiplayer worms armageddon

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
cut off their limbs

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

is all the dlc there for fonv?
no and it loving kills me that it’s not. only the vanilla game

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
my last new vegas playthrough was amazing. I went full melee and full legion. I was dismembering deathclaws with a machette and I got the boomers to bomb the ncr

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
walking past crucified benny is hilarious

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

do not buy an Xbox because all its good games are on PC anyway.

unless your furnace is about to kick the bucket I guess

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I wonder if it's possible to do a raiders win scenario in new vegas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe