Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamquin
Aug 11, 2007
Stepping back into Division 2 together with a friend now that Warlords had a neat sale going. I'm quite a bit out of the loop with the gear changes and whatever balance changes have been going on.

Any new or old skills I should prioritize with the new "Skill Tier" system during leveling? I'll probably switch from Gunner and give Technician a fair shake, but I remember that pre-Warlords a lot of skills felt underwhelming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Lamquin posted:

Stepping back into Division 2 together with a friend now that Warlords had a neat sale going. I'm quite a bit out of the loop with the gear changes and whatever balance changes have been going on.

Any new or old skills I should prioritize with the new "Skill Tier" system during leveling? I'll probably switch from Gunner and give Technician a fair shake, but I remember that pre-Warlords a lot of skills felt underwhelming.

those are specializations and work much as you’d think, technician is good for skill builds. The skills you might remember being underwhelming - drones, turrets, chem launcher etc - have brands and gear sets tailored to that style of play and can be really strong albeit with drawbacks. The two - skills and specializations - aren’t really related outside of like obvious benefits.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Skills are absolutely amazing right now.

Run 3 piece hard wired, 1 piece wyvern, 2 piece hana u with a gun that has the in sync talent if you wanna sleepwalk through content with an assault drone and turret.

CC just recently got the Eclipse Protocol set and Vile exotic mask which is an incredibly fun and powerful team build.

Healers now have the amazing Future Initiative set which buffs team damage and heals anyone close by to you whenever you heal someone else.

Shields scale with armor rolls as well as skill tier, so dedicated tank builds are basically unkillable with the right build.

There's a ton of other various skill builds that are viable as well.

tweet my meat fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Oct 7, 2020

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

tweet my meat posted:

Run 3 piece hard wired, 1 piece wyvern, 2 piece hana u with a gun that has the in sync talent if you wanna sleepwalk through content with an assault drone and turret.

CC just recently got the Eclipse Protocol set and Vile exotic mask which is an incredibly fun and powerful team build.

Healers now have the amazing Future Initiative set which buffs team damage and heals anyone close by to you whenever you heal someone else.

There's a ton of other various skill builds that are viable as well.

Just to add that Eclipse Protocol and Vile Mask is a really fun solo challenging/ heroic build using Shock Trap and either fire starter or fire sticky bomb. Not the best damage but more engaged than turret/drone without being all on you to be shooty.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Skill Tier granted from gear/talents maxes at 6 but can go into "overcharge" as a buff by stuff like future perfect (a weapon talent) or the Acosta Go Bag (an exotic backpack) talent. It cannot be a thing where you're permanently overcharged by stacking +skill tier stuff iirc so once you're at 6 any more +skill level will be pointless but you absolutely want to hit 6 as a priority.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

tweet my meat posted:

I recently got back into the game and am doing something similar-ish to that. 3 pc HW, 1 pc wyvern, 1 pc hana-u. Kinetic and tech support talents on the gear set chest/pack. But for my last piece, I went 1-pc Belstone for the armor bonus (blue item, running technician to get to skill tier 6) and +1% armor regen. The sustain and extra armor is really nice to keep rolling through content. I recal'd +10% skill dmg on every piece and have like +80% skill haste and one gear mod with skill duration. Some random guns with in-sync to top it off, they hardly matter (gun dmg wise).

I can easily solo heroic stuff now, but, have not tried legendary with this kit.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Psion posted:

Not exactly the same - the SOCOM/CQB have different fire rates than the Classic, and I believe one more attachment slot. Of course, neither of those differences are relevant considering how huge the damage difference is.

e: as a specific example I have a perfect SOCOM M1A - damage/crit/out of cover + Boomerang and sure I can spam it a lot, but spamming bodyshots with a semiauto rifle are just a way to give yourself carpal tunnel rather than an effective way to do damage. Might as well take an AR, because you're not chaining headshots at max ROF without an aimbot.

twice the clicking for less than half the results, great balance really

Depending on who you ask there's supposedly differences in the recoil pattern as well but I'd mostly chalk it up to placebo effect.

If you tap fire the CQB or SOCOM at the same rate as the Classic's RPM they shoot the same. As soon as you try to take advantage of the extra RPM the guns go all squirrelly. That's a thing thats common among all rifles that have high RPM and balanced around a theoretically high DPS.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Got the WON expansion and really enjoying it so far. Haven’t done any missions yet as I’m politely waiting for my buddies to catch up but I did make L40 and today I killed a named elite and he dropped a Lady Death SMG. It looks wicked - any thoughts from agents using it already?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Hahah of course the apparel event is bugged.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Jose Oquendo posted:

Hahah of course the apparel event is bugged.

How so? I haven’t gotten many boxes so far but nothing seemed broken.

monkeytennis posted:

Got the WON expansion and really enjoying it so far. Haven’t done any missions yet as I’m politely waiting for my buddies to catch up but I did make L40 and today I killed a named elite and he dropped a Lady Death SMG. It looks wicked - any thoughts from agents using it already?

I think it’s a good alpha strike weapon (since the stacks build outside of combat) and useful in short fights but in protracted PVE fights I haven’t been able to keep enough of the movement stacks up to make good use of them. The idea is either you use cover moves (which count as sprinting) or a shield so you can move around outside of cover as there’s rarely enough high cover around to not have something to stop damage. With stacks you do as much damage as the biggest damage SMG but without them it’s a bit of a pea shooter and if you don’t have enough stacks you’re going to really feel the smaller magazine.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Kibayasu posted:

How so? I haven’t gotten many boxes so far but nothing seemed broken.

I leveled up 6 times today and didn't get a single key. Reading on the official forums and Reddit, changing sessions resets your progression. So if I need 2 more levels to get a cache, matchmake and join a session, that progress resets back to needing 4 levels to get a cache.

edit: SOTG says they're fixing it in the next maintenance tonight and any keys you missed out on will be retroactively awarded next week.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Oct 7, 2020

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Jose Oquendo posted:

I leveled up 6 times today and didn't get a single key. Reading on the official forums and Reddit, changing sessions resets your progression. So if I need 2 more levels to get a cache, matchmake and join a session, that progress resets back to needing 4 levels to get a cache.

edit: SOTG says they're fixing it in the next maintenance tonight and any keys you missed out on will be retroactively awarded next week.

<shrug> It turned on as I was playing, I guess, and I immediately had 4 keys.

Speaking of playing... wandered through the Battery Park zone doublechecking that I'd caught all the SHD caches, stumbling into random patrols, attacks on supply convoys, turf controls and hostages (which meant bounties) and propaganda and goddamnit where's that last cache?

Found it. Dropped the boss bounty, which was back at Rigatoni's 3rd hunt location and was the second bounty that night there, mauled the poo poo out of everyone and finally bailed to Haven for loot examination and looking at the 3d printer.

After all that murderlooting, I had a Chameleon (mid-quality rolls), Mechanical Animal, Tip of the Spear mask and Ongoing Directive chest. Still debating just rolling my own two pieces of Hardwired, since I have enough components from the boost, but two pieces of that don't really do jack.

And I still didn't progress any of the major hunting. :effort:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Ygolonac posted:

<shrug> It turned on as I was playing, I guess, and I immediately had 4 keys.

Everyone gets 1 key. If you have the seasonal pass you get another 3 off the bat.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

What is considered “god roll” for a Chamelon?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

hatelull posted:

For ARs, it's weapon damage, damage to health (those are the two stats they'll always roll with ) and then ideally, you'd want Damage to Armor. A god roll would be the max number for those stats.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

hatelull posted:

Exotics have fixed attributes so just look for one with maxed rolls

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

hatelull posted:

Remember though, Exotics never have a random stat - its always the same ones, so just aim for the fullest bars.
My bext exotic guns are consistently 14% wep damage, max everything else.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Jose Oquendo posted:

For ARs, it's weapon damage, damage to health (those are the two stats they'll always roll with ) and then ideally, you'd want Damage to Armor. A god roll would be the max number for those stats.

out of cover damage is superior to DTA for the third roll. DTA is second best.

But also exotics, as several people mentioned, are fixed attributes so you just recalibrate until you run out of exotic components or pull a max set of rolls.

squirrelzipper posted:

Just to add that Eclipse Protocol and Vile Mask is a really fun solo challenging/ heroic build using Shock Trap and either fire starter or fire sticky bomb. Not the best damage but more engaged than turret/drone without being all on you to be shooty.

I find foam chem significantly more reliable than any other skill for CC so I'd suggest foam + fire sticky over shock + fire, but if it works go for it. Reliably tagging enemies with a status is really how eclipse shines imo.

About the only time I don't take foam/fire is against black tusk, where EMP disrupt is so useful. Conveniently, there's two easy ways to get foam/fire/EMP all in the same eclipse build:

If you give up Vile, survivalist with acosta's go bag means fire grenades once a minute for free, and the overcharge means your EMP will lock down warhounds/minitanks for an incredibly long time - and that's important on legendary. Also, survivalist gives 10% amp damage to enemies with status effects to your teammates (not you) so just by doing your job your DPS guys are suddenly doing more damage.

Or, go firewall and use that flamethrower, especially if you know the spawn doors and can camp them with it. flamethrower DOT + eclipse spreading is very powerful. And, if you're up close using your flamethrower (though this gets risky on legendary) your teammates get 10% amp damage against enemies near you.

both of those options are easily legendary-ready.

Psion fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Oct 7, 2020

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I run technician for my Eclipse Protocol build so I can do some shooty stuff and have multiple status effects I can spread. With EMP Grenades, Riot Foam, and Fire Sticky I got a lot of options. EMP sticky lasts forever though and I switch off to it sometimes.

I use (mostly due to availability):
Eclipse Protocol- Chest, BP, Kneepads, Holster
Vile (mask)
Firm Handshake

Pyromaniac
The Grudge (When in groups, I swap if I think I can scam a kill with it)
Maxim 5 (since it's free and has Perfect Spike if I feel like using it)
-Sometimes: Mechanical Animal, an AR I forget the model of with Perpetuation

There's almost certainly better combos but I enjoy this one since I can do what at least feels like reasonable damage with Pyromaniac to enemies I set on fire. Solo it lets me kill my fire sticky target super fast so all the debuffs spread. Vile feels pretty weak but eh, it could be worse. I imagine a Golan mask would be better.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Fabricated posted:

I run technician for my Eclipse Protocol

only reason I didn't list this as an emp/foam/fire option in my post is that landing EMP on legendary minitanks is what saves runs - no exaggeration. Grenades just aren't reliable enough at clutch EMP shots. Losing the teammate link amp damage isn't as significant but you do lose it.

obviously for anything below legendary that isn't critical, so yeah good catch this is also a way to get triple status on one eclipse setup.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I haven't played in a while. What are people running in PVP right now?

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
For my Technician Drone+Turret build I'm running 5 yellows including a Spotter chest ( +15% weapon/skill damage on pulsed targets ), I'm running the Technician pulsing laser sight on a RPK with Spike ( +25% Skill damage on headshot kill ) and Tech Support on my Backpack ( +25% Skill damage on skill kill ) and Contractors gloves.
I don't have a Vile Mask for my Ecplise build so I've been running the Imperial Dynasty which is more amusing when I'm running Creeping Death but still handy as a freebie set stuff on fire while my skills are on cooldown.

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Oct 7, 2020

Olds
Oct 17, 2005

I run Vile with Golan Knees (with status effect and recalibrated to skill tier) and 4 piece Eclipse all recalibrated to status effect. I use Fire Sticky as my starter fire skill. However once I get special ammo, I mostly rely on the flamethrower to set things on fire. The second skill is reliant on team comp/situation: assault turret for pubbing especially when you suspect directives are being used, foam for additional CC, or jammer pulse if your team can't handle robots.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Jose Oquendo posted:

Everyone gets 1 key. If you have the seasonal pass you get another 3 off the bat.

I know I had four for the previous apparel cache thing last week, does it carry over to each one?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Ygolonac posted:

I know I had four for the previous apparel cache thing last week, does it carry over to each one?

I don't think there was an apparel event last week. It just started this week. Either way, keys are for that specific event only.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
I might be the only one here excited about this but the upcoming 11.1 update seems pretty neat. Here are my highlights:

quote:

Directives
  • You can now select the Directives that should be active.
  • In the Summit you can select all Directives that have been added to the game so far.
  • If you really want to challenge yourself, you can play on legendary difficulty with a total of 9 Directives.

quote:

Directives increase Targeted Loot Drop Chance
To give you more incentives to use the Directives, they further increase the chance to get targeted loot. This applies to the whole game, not just the Summit.

The difficulty you select defines the chance of how much targeted loot you get.

quote:

Targeted Loot Selection
When you look at the map of The Summit you see the active Targeted Loot and at the bottom “Targeted Loot Selection”.

In this menu you can select what Targeted Loot you are looking for:

• Weapon Archetype
  • Gear Slot
  • Gear Mod
  • Skill Mod
  • Brand Set
  • Gear Set

You can change this any time you want.

With that and the added Targeted Loot chance from the Directives, you not only can customize what Targeted Loot you want but also actively change the chance. This should give you a very effective way to farm what you need in The Summit.

This selection applies to your personal loot and can be different for each player in a group.
The session host does not enforce the Targeted Loot on the entire group.

quote:

Weekly Project

There is a new weekly project that you can complete in The Summit. You can complete it in any difficulty you want.

The project rewards

Exotic cache
Blueprints (if you have any missing blueprint)
Specialization Points (if you still need)

quote:

Targeted Loot Change
These are the Targeted Loot changes that apply to the entire game:

Higher Targeted Loot chance through active Directives
Individual Gear Set allocation. (So you will encounter True Patriot as Targeted Loot on a mission and not just “Gear Set”)

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I'm sure I'll matchmake into a 9 directive game and then leave it immediately, but having that much control over my loot targeting makes summit significantly more interesting, I'm for it.

I do hope they up enemy count though, it feels just a little too quiet most floors. Maybe in 4p it's reasonable, but 1-2 I always felt like I could stand to fight another couple elites per encounter.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Psion posted:

I'm sure I'll matchmake into a 9 directive game and then leave it immediately, but having that much control over my loot targeting makes summit significantly more interesting, I'm for it.

I do hope they up enemy count though, it feels just a little too quiet most floors. Maybe in 4p it's reasonable, but 1-2 I always felt like I could stand to fight another couple elites per encounter.

In 4p the floor layout/encounter type really makes the difference, sometimes the path through the objectives is pretty linear and you're mostly facing the same general direction the whole time, and others you're having to hold a SHD toybox or put down one of those zapper things with 4 spawn doors facing it and little useful cover inside the cap area. It certainly feels like you're dealing with more assholes in the latter but I've never counted.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Directives implementation in Div2 is terrible. They should have both a positive and negative effect, instead of all negative.

More loot drops is not a proper incentive.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I mean, in a looter shooter - more loot drops is kind of the biggest incentive.

They also speed up XP gain too and it's not like it's forced upon you.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

vyst posted:

I mean, in a looter shooter - more loot drops is kind of the biggest incentive.

They also speed up XP gain too and it's not like it's forced upon you.

Not if it slows down clear times enough to be an issue. Same as the Div1 GE modifiers: the harder ones give more credits but they always slowed it down enough to never be worth it. Also keep in mind that it just adds more drops, doesn't improve the quality.

Honestly the implementation of directives is completely hosed up and I'll keep playing with them all turned off.

The only reason I can see to have them on if they go through with this is when you have a group of 4 cheesefarming a control point to potentially make every drop targetted loot. It'll be dogshit for regular play.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
I mean you're kind of describing how I see the execution of changing difficulty. After a point, everyone seems spongy enough to remove the 'tactical veneer' that's presented and it makes the gameplay a slog as you instead have to mag-dump with an optimal build.

So hey, I'm just glad they're adding more avenues to getting loot, and making directives more useful. :shobon:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Has the player count gone down on the PS4? I've been having a hell of a time match making for missions.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

UnknownMercenary posted:

Not if it slows down clear times enough to be an issue. Same as the Div1 GE modifiers: the harder ones give more credits but they always slowed it down enough to never be worth it. Also keep in mind that it just adds more drops, doesn't improve the quality.

Honestly the implementation of directives is completely hosed up and I'll keep playing with them all turned off.

The only reason I can see to have them on if they go through with this is when you have a group of 4 cheesefarming a control point to potentially make every drop targetted loot. It'll be dogshit for regular play.
Directives in Div2 just aren't fun- the GEs aren't great but at least most of them have counterplay. I keep getting rando groups running heroics with all the directives turned on and I usually just drop the second I see it. I don't even really notice the experience gain tbh.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Hey is the 'TDI "Kard" Custom' pistol new? Got 2 yesterday, instead of a core attribute and an attribute, it has a core attribute and +1 Skill tier, essentially a yellow core with the usual pistol damage. Haven't seen that before.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

squirrelzipper posted:

Hey is the 'TDI "Kard" Custom' pistol new? Got 2 yesterday, instead of a core attribute and an attribute, it has a core attribute and +1 Skill tier, essentially a yellow core with the usual pistol damage. Haven't seen that before.

Yeah, it's one of the rewards for the new season.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

jabro posted:

Yeah, it's one of the rewards for the new season.

Oh neat, that's useful for pretty much all my builds.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

squirrelzipper posted:

Oh neat, that's useful for pretty much all my builds.

its bonus does not apply when holstered

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

squirrelzipper posted:

Yes, new item in TU11. Of note, that skill tier is not active when it's holstered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

pmchem posted:

its bonus does not apply when holstered

Oh that makes sense, I thought so but when I looked I thought it was active but no it's not. Not useful then, oh well.