Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

BIG HEADLINE posted:

You get the "perks" of free Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu Plus, and Apple Music. :shrug:

Apple Music only comes with Play/Get More plans, though - I think it's only six months free on the lower plans.

They changed it up.

Start unlimited doesn’t come with any of the streaming stuff.

Play unlimited comes with Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+ . It no longer includes unlimited Apple Music (except for 6 months free).

Get more is both the Disney pack and Apple Music included.

Prices unchanged, so essentially Verizon likely got a better deal from Disney and so put their stuff on the middle plan, Apple’s stuff on the higher one. I’ll have to update the OP, it’s way out of date.

FYI, the 5GB plan is $55 a month with autopay with checking account , otherwise it is $65 a month. No work discounts anymore. Otherwise the plan is fine. You can put on safety mode so you don’t accidentally get charged for going over your data.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I’m trying to get an ESIM prepaid plan on my iPhone XS. I bought it in Europe, so it is a model A2097. My phone is factory unlocked and I’ve been able to add an ESIM T-Mobile prepaid plan a year or so ago without any issues, so I know it works. And from what I can find, model A2097 just doesn’t have LTE band 71 which is for T-Mobile anyway.

Anyway, I downloaded the My Verizon app and pasted in my digital IMEI and it says my device is not eligible but it doesn’t tell me why.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Boris Galerkin posted:

I’m trying to get an ESIM prepaid plan on my iPhone XS. I bought it in Europe, so it is a model A2097. My phone is factory unlocked and I’ve been able to add an ESIM T-Mobile prepaid plan a year or so ago without any issues, so I know it works. And from what I can find, model A2097 just doesn’t have LTE band 71 which is for T-Mobile anyway.

Anyway, I downloaded the My Verizon app and pasted in my digital IMEI and it says my device is not eligible but it doesn’t tell me why.

Verizon still insists on operating from device whitelists only. They wouldn't have ever sold that model, so it likely isn't an "approved" device.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Boris Galerkin posted:

To add to the above post, Verizon doesn’t do eSIM for prepaid. Just won’t work. Your phone should woke, but you gotta get a physical SIM.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Fees and taxes went down? Ours is showing about $2 less per line.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

My partner and I are moving in together in the near future and are looking at ways to reduce our costs and simplify bills and such, and are talking about getting a combined plan. I'm currently on Verizon and she's on AT&T. It would likely be simpler for her to move to my plan just because I have a year left on my phone payments, while hers is paid off. She has an iPhone 8 which I *think* she should be able to just pop a Verizon SIM in and it'll work, but worst case, she can trade it in or use my old iPhone X. (I told her we should wait for new iPhones, regardless, since carriers may be offering trade-in deals or whatever).

Anyway, are there any deals to be had? She needs unlimited everything, but beyond that doesn't really much care. I have one line on Play More Unlimited. Looking at the website, it looks like it would be $70 per line for the same plan.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

My partner and I are moving in together in the near future and are looking at ways to reduce our costs and simplify bills and such, and are talking about getting a combined plan. I'm currently on Verizon and she's on AT&T. It would likely be simpler for her to move to my plan just because I have a year left on my phone payments, while hers is paid off. She has an iPhone 8 which I *think* she should be able to just pop a Verizon SIM in and it'll work, but worst case, she can trade it in or use my old iPhone X. (I told her we should wait for new iPhones, regardless, since carriers may be offering trade-in deals or whatever).

Anyway, are there any deals to be had? She needs unlimited everything, but beyond that doesn't really much care. I have one line on Play More Unlimited. Looking at the website, it looks like it would be $70 per line for the same plan.

Does she want the new iPhones ? An iPhone 8 trades in for $850 towards a Pro or Pro max, plus you get a $150 gift card (as long as you do Play unlimited for both).

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Duckman2008 posted:

Does she want the new iPhones ? An iPhone 8 trades in for $850 towards a Pro or Pro max, plus you get a $150 gift card (as long as you do Play unlimited for both).

This lasts through the day tomorrow right? I'm thinking about switching over from Google Fi and grabbing my first iphone. The sale and the trade in value on my Pixel 3 make it seem like a good time to do it.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

fknlo posted:

This lasts through the day tomorrow right? I'm thinking about switching over from Google Fi and grabbing my first iphone. The sale and the trade in value on my Pixel 3 make it seem like a good time to do it.

I think through the 9th? Def tomorrow yes.

Btw, if you are ordering online and would like a referral code from me, feel free to PM me. Dont feel obligated , but of course it does help.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Duckman2008 posted:

I think through the 9th? Def tomorrow yes.

Btw, if you are ordering online and would like a referral code from me, feel free to PM me. Dont feel obligated , but of course it does help.

I haven't figured out if I want to do it online or through a store in case there are any hiccups switching over. If I do online I'll hit you up.

e: this is probably not the right thread to ask in, but is it worth getting the iphone 11 pro or should i dip my toes in with a cheaper model to see if I like it enough to upgrade to the 12 when it comes out?

fknlo fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Sep 7, 2020

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

fknlo posted:

I haven't figured out if I want to do it online or through a store in case there are any hiccups switching over. If I do online I'll hit you up.

e: this is probably not the right thread to ask in, but is it worth getting the iphone 11 pro or should i dip my toes in with a cheaper model to see if I like it enough to upgrade to the 12 when it comes out?

Well, keep in mind the $850 trade in is over 24 months. So you lose the promo if you trade up or buy up your phone early.

I’ll be honest, $850 is possibly the highest trade in I’ve seen. That said, it’s probably because late August and early September is one of the slowest times of the year due to iPhone launch historically in late September. So I think there’s a bit of “yeah, new iPhone coming sometime, but you can get this very good deal now.”

It’s possible Covid plays some part, hell if I know there.

The trade in makes it worth it to get the Pro (or Pro Max) over the iPhone 11 if you are buying today. $850 vs I think $550? Something like that. And the iPhone 11 is good, I have a Pro myself and will say the screen and camera is definitely worth it for that small of a price difference.

Whether you want a great promo now, or want to wait to see what the new iPhones are, that’s a hard debate. They could continue doing $850 trade ins, or they could cut it back down to $500 (last year most promos were $500 plus a $200 gift card for switching from a 11 or 11 Pro).

The launch schedule is also just an unknown for now. Probably October, but it’s rumored to be multiple dates because of manufacturing.

So yeah, I guess the question is whether you want to wait for the new iPhones or not. Can’t give a definite answer there unfortunately.

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory

fknlo posted:

Buy an iphone SE2 outright for $400, use any prepaid service (probably not verizon because of number porting), then when the new iphone comes out you can sign up as a new customer and sell the SE2 (or trade it in).

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Duckman2008 posted:

Truthfully, I don't think she cares and would be perfectly content to not pay any extra money for a new phone as she is, in her words, rough on phones and would rather just wait it out until she inevitably breaks this one lol.

That's a really good promo, though.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Duckman2008 posted:

Well, keep in mind the $850 trade in is over 24 months. So you lose the promo if you trade up or buy up your phone early.

I’ll be honest, $850 is possibly the highest trade in I’ve seen. That said, it’s probably because late August and early September is one of the slowest times of the year due to iPhone launch historically in late September. So I think there’s a bit of “yeah, new iPhone coming sometime, but you can get this very good deal now.”

It’s possible Covid plays some part, hell if I know there.

The trade in makes it worth it to get the Pro (or Pro Max) over the iPhone 11 if you are buying today. $850 vs I think $550? Something like that. And the iPhone 11 is good, I have a Pro myself and will say the screen and camera is definitely worth it for that small of a price difference.

Whether you want a great promo now, or want to wait to see what the new iPhones are, that’s a hard debate. They could continue doing $850 trade ins, or they could cut it back down to $500 (last year most promos were $500 plus a $200 gift card for switching from a 11 or 11 Pro).

The launch schedule is also just an unknown for now. Probably October, but it’s rumored to be multiple dates because of manufacturing.

So yeah, I guess the question is whether you want to wait for the new iPhones or not. Can’t give a definite answer there unfortunately.

I'm not exactly hurting for money, would it be dumb to just buy the SE outright and hold onto my android for a future trade in offer and then trade in whichever has the highest value and sell the other?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

Truthfully, I don't think she cares and would be perfectly content to not pay any extra money for a new phone as she is, in her words, rough on phones and would rather just wait it out until she inevitably breaks this one lol.

That's a really good promo, though.

Makes sense. Get the best of your money.

If you bring your own device to Verizon on Play more, you can get I think $450 Verizon gift card if ordered online (you can use it to pay your bill). Or trade in for better phone If you want that. Not sure on the end date of the BYOD promo. They always have a BYOD, but $450 is the most I’ve seen.

fknlo posted:

I'm not exactly hurting for money, would it be dumb to just buy the SE outright and hold onto my android for a future trade in offer and then trade in whichever has the highest value and sell the other?

What this poster said:

TheWevel posted:

Buy an iphone SE2 outright for $400, use any prepaid service (probably not verizon because of number porting), then when the new iphone comes out you can sign up as a new customer and sell the SE2 (or trade it in).

Is correct. Your idea isn’t bad, but it’s a huge difference between “new number” and “current number.” So you def want to be getting whatever promo as a new customer.

iPhone SE would hold value via eBay, so getting that and using it on say, ATT until you get whatever new iPhone with switching promo is fine.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Duckman2008 posted:

Makes sense. Get the best of your money.

If you bring your own device to Verizon on Play more, you can get I think $450 Verizon gift card if ordered online (you can use it to pay your bill). Or trade in for better phone If you want that. Not sure on the end date of the BYOD promo. They always have a BYOD, but $450 is the most I’ve seen.

What this poster said:

Is correct. Your idea isn’t bad, but it’s a huge difference between “new number” and “current number.” So you def want to be getting whatever promo as a new customer.

iPhone SE would hold value via eBay, so getting that and using it on say, ATT until you get whatever new iPhone with switching promo is fine.

Thanks! I think I can grab a T-mobile SE and use it with Fi and start that way I guess.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

TheWevel posted:

Let’s say I 100% for sure know that I will never buy an iPhone from Verizon. I’ve always bought my phones from Apple outright and handle selling my old phone by myself, and that’s just not going to change. What’s the incentive for me to go from a prepaid to postpaid plan?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Boris Galerkin posted:

Let’s say I 100% for sure know that I will never buy an iPhone from Verizon. I’ve always bought my phones from Apple outright and handle selling my old phone by myself, and that’s just not going to change. What’s the incentive for me to go from a prepaid to postpaid plan?

Downsides to prepaid:
-extremely limited customer support if you have an issue (tends not to be a big deal for goons)
-no payment plan options (again, not a big deal for you) or promotions
-data priority def lower than postpaid. Depending on area of country , you could get lower data speeds than postpaid
-if you miss your bill by a day, you’re cut off until you pay

A lot of people, the above doesn’t bother them. Honestly, the main one is service, but it isn’t a stark difference depending on how much you use your phone.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Cool, thanks. One more question, what exactly does this mean? It’s on the info page for the prepaid plans.

quote:

Data speeds
DVD-quality streaming (up to 480p) on smartphones. In times of congestion, your data may be temporarily slower than other traffic.

Does this mean that YouTube Netflix etc are all going to be potato quality when I’m using data and there’s no way to get 1080p? Does a regular plan have this same limitation?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Boris Galerkin posted:

Cool, thanks. One more question, what exactly does this mean? It’s on the info page for the prepaid plans.

Does this mean that YouTube Netflix etc are all going to be potato quality when I’m using data and there’s no way to get 1080p? Does a regular plan have this same limitation?

That is correct. And the regular base plans do. On the regular plans if you pay $10 more a month you get 720 (among a few other features), and if you pay $10 extra you get 1080 (literally an add on cost for 1080, which is both stupid, but I will also say I donno why you would need 1080 for your phone).

Prepaid has no choice , it’s only 480.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Duckman2008 posted:

That is correct. And the regular base plans do. On the regular plans if you pay $10 more a month you get 720 (among a few other features), and if you pay $10 extra you get 1080 (literally an add on cost for 1080, which is both stupid, but I will also say I donno why you would need 1080 for your phone).

Prepaid has no choice , it’s only 480.

Unbelievable.

Has it always been like this or is it because net neutrality was gutted?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Boris Galerkin posted:

Unbelievable.

Since like, 2017 or so at least.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Boris Galerkin posted:

Unbelievable.

Net neutrality never applied to cell plans, anyway.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Can't you just use a VPN?

Falco
Dec 31, 2003

Freewheeling At Last
We currently have a family plan with a $40 military discount, 4 lines all on the Go Unlimited plan. Looking at the new plans, it seems like moving to either the Play More or the Do More, would be a net benefit depending on if we want access to things like Disney+ or a connected device discount.

Is there anything that I'm missing as a gotcha that the Go unlimited plan has that the new ones do not?

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness
So with the P5 looking like not a great upgrade at all from my P3XL, I've been looking at other options. I'm in a big metro area that's aggressively rolling out 5G, so it seems like that's something I should grab since I usually keep my phones for 2+ years (and honestly wouldn't even be upgrading except 64GB just ain't enough when Android eats 25GB of that, and the ambient light sensor stopped working).

I'm already tracking the S20+ and OnePlus 8 UW. Are there any other flagship 5G Verizon phones I should be looking at or are supposed to be coming out in the next month or two?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

DrDork posted:

So with the P5 looking like not a great upgrade at all from my P3XL, I've been looking at other options. I'm in a big metro area that's aggressively rolling out 5G, so it seems like that's something I should grab since I usually keep my phones for 2+ years (and honestly wouldn't even be upgrading except 64GB just ain't enough when Android eats 25GB of that, and the ambient light sensor stopped working).

I'm already tracking the S20+ and OnePlus 8 UW. Are there any other flagship 5G Verizon phones I should be looking at or are supposed to be coming out in the next month or two?

Not that I’m aware of, unless you want the Note, which is preference.

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness
Just poked around Verizon's site, and see discount notes for 50% off a Samsung Note, "...get up to $400 more when you upgrade w/ select trade-in" for the S20+, etc. I have a Beyond Unlimited plan, but when I actually check any of those phones when I'm logged in to my account, none of the discount options show up.

Are all those discounts actually for new-lines only, despite being tagged in the Upgrade section and/or specifically noting upgrades? Or is it possible that my having one month left on paying off my phone is disqualifying me (though the discounts also don't show up on another entirely paid off line on my account, so that seems unlikely)?

DrDork fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Oct 9, 2020

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Verizon Crew, I am thinking about bringing my wife over to my account. If we wait till BF or Christmas, are we likely to get any better deals or incentives for new iPhones? She has an iPhone 8, 64 gb rosegold for trade.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The Bananana posted:

Verizon Crew, I am thinking about bringing my wife over to my account. If we wait till BF or Christmas, are we likely to get any better deals or incentives for new iPhones? She has an iPhone 8, 64 gb rosegold for trade.

A bit unknown.

Right now, if you are on unlimited data and switch, you can get $600-850 trade in for her iPhone 8 towards either a Pro or Pro Max, plus a $150-250 gift card. That’s pretty good honestly.

Who knows what the promos will be both at launch and on Black Friday. They’ll likely be aggressive, but $699-850 is already very aggressive.

You can probably wait until Tuesday , and Verizon will announce launch promos sometime between Tuesday and Thursday. I don’t think they’ll can the $850 immediately , but a bit unknown.

Feel free to PM for any plan and questions and if you want a referral code from me.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

La morte non ha sesso
I went into a Verizon store back in August because I was thinking about switching. They told me that we could keep our phones, so I started the signup process. I got past the point where you lose your number before they said whoops, sorry, we were wrong, you can't keep your phone. So I had to cancel the whole thing and go to a Sprint store so my wife could get a new number. Just a huge hassle and waste of time.

Then they started sending me bills for the nonexistent account. I'm waiting to talk to someone who actually has the authority to cancel it so the unpaid bills don't impact my credit report. So if you're thinking about switching to Verizon, consider hitting yourself in the face with a brick instead; it will be less painful and take less time.

Edit: All the usual methods of canceling an account didn't work, because I didn't actually have an account number or phone number or website login that I was aware of. I had to talk to four people over the course of an hour and a half.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Oct 12, 2020

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Halloween Jack posted:

I went into a Verizon store back in August because I was thinking about switching. They told me that we could keep our phones, so I started the signup process. I got past the point where you lose your number before they said whoops, sorry, we were wrong, you can't keep your phone. So I had to cancel the whole thing and go to a Sprint store so my wife could get a new number. Just a huge hassle and waste of time.

Then they started sending me bills for the nonexistent account. I'm waiting to talk to someone who actually has the authority to cancel it so the unpaid bills don't impact my credit report. So if you're thinking about switching to Verizon, consider hitting yourself in the face with a brick instead; it will be less painful and take less time.

Sorry to hear that man. Not to justify it or be super defensive, but that seems more like the store/individual gently caress up. Trained/supported by Verizon for sure, but yeah, they are def trained on those scenarios and unless its someone super new they should know how to catch that issue way before setting up an account.

Verizon cancel is 800-392-0717, call there, explain what the issue is and they will zero out the account. Hopefully no more bricks to the face. Hopefully.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Duckman2008 posted:

A bit unknown.

Right now, if you are on unlimited data and switch, you can get $600-850 trade in for her iPhone 8 towards either a Pro or Pro Max, plus a $150-250 gift card. That’s pretty good honestly.

Who knows what the promos will be both at launch and on Black Friday. They’ll likely be aggressive, but $699-850 is already very aggressive.

You can probably wait until Tuesday , and Verizon will announce launch promos sometime between Tuesday and Thursday. I don’t think they’ll can the $850 immediately , but a bit unknown.

Feel free to PM for any plan and questions and if you want a referral code from me.

Pm your way

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Duckman2008 posted:

Just checked, only the new plans qualify. Here's the break down:

Your plan:
$110 + $20 * 3 = $170. $160 with autopay

Play unlimited is the same exact data as your unlimited:
$65 * 3 = $195 .
w/ autopay it is $55 * 3 = $165

Teacher discount for 3 lines is $25 off (total, not each). So basically, if you don't do autopay stay where you are at. if you are cool with autopay (with debit/checking, not credit card), go to play more with the discount.

i would add the discount either way just so its there. go to
vzw.com/teachers

it'll prompt to verify via ID.me , it'll ask for her teacher certificate.

Oops, you responded to me in May and I never checked the thread again. Thank you for taking the time!

I’m back with a new question (and bookmarking the thread this time). Anyone know when this iPhone 12 trade in program ends? I have two payments left on my X (with a half-off bill credit) and I’d like to delay the order until at least one of them clears. Also, do I need to be on one of the new unlimited plans to take advantage of the $460 trade in value?

Also, I guess I should just change to Play Unlimited anyway? I have a year of Disney+ free that’s about to run out, so that’d add on to the savings. I do use auto-pay.

AdmiralViscen fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Oct 14, 2020

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Promos weren’t announced during my work hours yesterday , so hopefully they’re updated where I’ll know more specifics today.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Have there been any plans announced for what specifically Verizon is going to do with the 3G spectrum once it is shut down at the end of the year? I'm annoyed Verizon is strong-arming device makers to include pointless mmWave, and I am wondering when you might be able to actually use their 5g without having to climb the tower. Surely they are going to use some or all of the deprecated 850mhz CDMA range right?

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Duckman2008 posted:

Promos weren’t announced during my work hours yesterday , so hopefully they’re updated where I’ll know more specifics today.

Thanks!

What’s the difference between Play More and Do More? They seem to be the same price, but the latter includes cloud storage and half off connected device line access? Why would anyone do Play More?

Also, one of the differences between this plan and my normal unlimited plan is that it defaults to 480p video, but I can change it to 720p. Is this done on their website or do they mean just change my preferences in the YouTube/Netflix app itself?

Looks like I can put my mom on some basic plan since she uses like 100MB a month, that makes it even cheaper.

Edit - ok, I went for it. I did a Do More and a Play More (this is such a dumb separation) and a Starter. It made me surrender my half-off iPhone X Black Friday device credit which seems like bullshit to me since that wasn’t a plan discount, it was a device discount. But I was paying off the last two payments anyway so whatever.

AdmiralViscen fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Oct 14, 2020

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

AdmiralViscen posted:

Why would anyone do Play More?.
It has base Hulu and ESPN+ in addition to Disney+.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Bandire posted:

Have there been any plans announced for what specifically Verizon is going to do with the 3G spectrum once it is shut down at the end of the year? I'm annoyed Verizon is strong-arming device makers to include pointless mmWave, and I am wondering when you might be able to actually use their 5g without having to climb the tower. Surely they are going to use some or all of the deprecated 850mhz CDMA range right?

This just came out on Verizon 5G.

-Verizon is implementing 5G via the same 700mhZ that LTE is on. Supposedly it’s live, although compatible phones need a software update, so I think it’ll take a few days to actually see it. There’s a map, it’s starting in like, almost major cities. It’ll be similar speeds to 4G for now, in theory get faster as they roll it out , albeit not that big of a jump.

-3G turns off Dec 31st. They haven’t said anything, but I would assume they’ll repurpose for 5G. Probably a 2-3 year turn around time.I thought CDMA was a higher frequency than 850, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, long story short, you’ll be able to use 5G very soon in most cities, but it’ll be prettt similar to 4G.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

For whatever it's worth, I got the software update this morning for my S20+ and at least now have a 5G connection indicated more often than not. Prior to that, I pretty much had to be outdoors in specific spots to get 5G.