Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

If ever there was a case study as to why badposting alone should have been grounds for a perma it was fishmech sleeveless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Just make it possible to flag accounts for rampant poo poo posting so instead of getting 6ixers on weekly basis they start getting ramped forums wide for punishments.

All this "take break and calm down 6 hrs" is kind of meaningless for some with dozens of probes for repeatedly doing the same poo poo day in and out.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
take it to QCS

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Sleeveless is one of us. The SaGa is written into our very DNA. Tonight we tell Sleeveless to shut the gently caress up, whisper it three times into the autumn wind, and he will respond with a lovely take in the rustling of leaves. Listen closely.

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal

Inceltown posted:

He was talking about a 17 year old so technically it's an epheboban not a permaban.

:lmao:

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Some Goon posted:

If ever there was a case study as to why badposting alone should have been grounds for a perma it was fishmech sleeveless.

more like accountless :c00lbutt:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

makes me want to ask even more questions about his tumblr girlfriend who his own postings made it sound was much younger than him

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Alaois posted:

makes me want to ask even more questions about his tumblr girlfriend who his own postings made it sound was much younger than him

Oh. Oh.

...Ugh.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

grooming young potential partners through shitposting, incredible

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Suddenly his crippling fear that teen girls will later decide they were victims of much older men they met over the internet and how harmful it is to the men makes more sense

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I think this is veering into inventing rumours about this guy's real world behaviour that we should probably avoid. Keep it to his actual lovely posts.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Checking his posts for tumblr mentions to see if that gf thing was real...

Sleeveless posted:

This post just goes to show that you can take a tranny off of tumblr but you can't take the tumblr out of the tranny.

Good loving riddance.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

The forums have been rid of Guy Mann. Sky is calm and clear, Tengri smiles. Today is a good day.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

barbecue at the folks posted:

The forums have been rid of Guy Mann. Sky is calm and clear, Tengri smiles. Today is a good day.

Good Day 21 Savage or Good Day Ice Cube

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

A ban that isn't even a day old isn't really a saga. Let's move on to anything that's more interesting? funny? relevant?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That's an interesting point. At what time do we consider a banned poster as "banned?" Is it from their first account's ban or the last known account's ban?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Pastry of the Year posted:

interesting? funny? relevant?

What happened to the announcement that the site was gonna be sold by the end of last month? Has it been sold?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

A ban that isn't even a day old isn't really a saga. Let's move on to anything that's more interesting? funny? relevant?

If you don't consider Guy Mann a saga then I'm not sure how you could consider anything here a saga.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

oldpainless posted:

What happened to the announcement that the site was gonna be sold by the end of last month? Has it been sold?

It said the end of the month, but not which month.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

oldpainless posted:

more like oldsaleless

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I really don't want to monopolize the thread but if you insist

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Solice Kirsk posted:

That's an interesting point. At what time do we consider a banned poster as "banned?" Is it from their first account's ban or the last known account's ban?

Well, we consider fishmech banned, but I wouldn’t bet more than a sandwich on them really being gone

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Solice Kirsk posted:

I met an ancient Zen master in the woods as I walked.

"Master", I asked, "When is a poster really banned? From their first account or from their rereg?"

His sight less eyes traced the wind and he responded.

"You carry that poster with you still? Lol"

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

El_Elegante posted:

Well, we consider fishmech banned, but I wouldn’t bet more than a sandwich on them really being gone

I haven't considered blocking anybody for the sheer tedium of their endless arguments lately, which I unknowingly did for both fishmech and their main alt, so maybe they've moved on or grown better. Or more likely I just haven't bumbled into the right thread.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

If she's around she's either reformed or doesn't hang out in the same threads she used to.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

FilthyImp posted:

"Master", I asked, "When is a poster really banned? From their first account or from their rereg?"

Ha! This rules and so do you. :hai:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

FilthyImp posted:

(Casting a solemn gaze at a cloud shaped like Ruddha's avatar)

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

El_Elegante posted:

I'd take that bet. I haven't rolled my eyes so hard that I risked detaching my retinas for a while.
Either she's gone, or she's not such a pedant anymore.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Solice Kirsk posted:

Ha! This rules and so do you. :hai:

If you like that, check this thread out!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3872251

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

I was just about to ask if anyone remembered what thread the one with all the goon zen stories was, thanks!

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

In terms of sagas, can someone give me the more than one line but less than the whole thread synopsis of Doobies Dog House? I'm sure there's a great turn in there somewhere, but it's a long thread and :effort: at reading the whole thing when I don't know where it starts being funny.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

That's actually a pretty good summary of the Doobster

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Some Goon posted:

In terms of sagas, can someone give me the more than one line but less than the whole thread synopsis of Doobies Dog House? I'm sure there's a great turn in there somewhere, but it's a long thread and :effort: at reading the whole thing when I don't know where it starts being funny.

It's a long several threads. I think the funniest part is going back and reading the very beginning of the original thread when people were building him up like his business was going to put Reform on the map of secret eateries that people would (and did, in fact) make a pilgrimage to. It reeks of that particular sort of goony paternalism for the poor hillbillies that could only exist in a pre-Trump era, and casts a time when people could believe in good things happening against every indication to the contrary.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Some Goon posted:

some goon found a backwoods dude begging for money so he could start a hot dog restaurant in his depressing dead town (reform, alabama). it was organized as a goon charity drive. it turns out the townie alabaman with no prior restaurant experience was incompetent, and also pretty racist. the restaurant failed and then goons kept beating the dead horse with a series of memes and continuing to harass the backwoods hot dog man irl, who was the poop who kept touching back

Heath posted:

It reeks of that particular sort of goony paternalism for the poor hillbillies that could only exist in a pre-Trump era

yeah there was a lot of treating alabama like it was the third world and this guy just needed a cow and some shoes so he could send his kids to school and he'd prosper beyond his dreams

like it doesn't take a lot of capital to open some kind of meat restaurant in a small town with tons of empty buildings, anyone who knows what they're doing can easily do it. if you've ever been to a town like this (they are all identical) the place is already full of cheap bbq joints

Mr. Fall Down Terror has a new favorite as of 20:18 on Oct 7, 2020

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Goons also directly ruined his plans by puffing up his ego and encouraging him to go beyond his initial idea for a hot dog cart with a simple menu and pushed him into opening a standing restaurant. Even with goon support he didn't have the capital to do it, but he thought he could squeeze a couple more eggs out of the goose and ran a second Kickstarter that failed because the tide had begun to shift on his actual chances of success. If he had stuck with the cart he may have been able to keep it sustainable, and probably could have gone somewhere outside Reform, but that wouldn't have fit the narrative people were trying to build for him as a savior dog-slinger in a town filled with the same cheap chain fast food places that sustain most of semirural America.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Is it a sage to speculate about which perma'd posters are still around?

Fishmech will always be with us. I strongly suspect jastiger is. His last banning was hilariously after outing himself talking about Iowa, but he doesn't seem like he'd stay away.

Some people like sleeveless can't help but continue the exact same posting and out themselves, but those two honestly seem smart enough to fly under the radar.

e: given most of us have been around for a decade plus by now I imagine MOST permabanned people try their luck at reregging.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 20:47 on Oct 7, 2020

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Jastiger will reveal himself eventually. Sleeveless isn't perma'd as far as I know and will be back by the time the forums get sold if not sooner, whenever that is.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Heath posted:

Jastiger will reveal himself eventually. Sleeveless isn't perma'd as far as I know and will be back by the time the forums get sold if not sooner, whenever that is.

I think Jastiger's real smart and will manage to keep quiet. He's one of the smartest posters to ever grace this site.

By the way, I think the REAL saga we need to talk about is how much the South sucks. The South really just sucks hard, guys. It's the loving worst.

Iowa, on the other hand, is a great place and we should all live there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

A year or so ago before the Anonymous Confessions thread died out Jastiger wrote one saying he's still around.