Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mystic Mongol posted:

Metal Bat is so cool.

ONE really has a firm grasp on writing heroic characters. In most stories, "Stupid mook with a club" would not be a compelling character, much less an inspiring one.
"

Metal Bat still didn't even try to defend himself till the security guards tipped their hands and confirmed they were completely evil because he trusted that they could restrain those cyborgs more easily.

Dude's great. 👍

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Metal Bat is just so drat respectful

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Metal Bat gonna gently caress 'em up and I am here for it

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
A manga only reading only friend of mine asked me if I was hype for Blast showing up soon. :negative:

He knows I read the webcomic so I just gave him some line about how they have diverged so I don't know what's gonna happen

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm hype for Blast showing up soon.

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar
You know you're in for a bad time when you ambush a guy with a sucker punch and he no sells and responds with "huh?".

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TowerofOil posted:

You know you're in for a bad time when you ambush a guy with a sucker punch and he no sells and responds with "huh?".

Without the benefit of voice acting, I'm sure the impression you're supposed to get there was surprise and genuine shock rather than an angry Josuke Higashikata huh?

Like you're meant to think that 'oh gently caress they can take on Metal Bat, this got really dire' and then he Ultra Instincts past them and oh it's alright for now, phew.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Darkshine... :smith:

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
puri puri still believes in darkshine it'll be fine

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Every chapter should end with metal bat about to do a thing.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

If this were an SRW Metal Bat would have Lv10 prevail/potential.
You can get him to half health really fast but when you do hes not losing one digit more.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

If this were an SRW Metal Bat would have Lv10 prevail/potential.
You can get him to half health really fast but when you do hes not losing one digit more.

Super Alloy Z Bat

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
He's a good boy

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
132 Raw: http://galaxyheavyblow.web.fc2.com/fc2-imageviewer/?aid=1&iid=134

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Cool, Garou is back.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Sensing the fanbase having dwindling interest in the rampant escalation of the manga, ONE delivers something to keep us happy.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

JamMasterJim posted:

Cool, Garou is back.

Who gives a poo poo

My boy HAMMERHEAD has graced us once again

And is that Suiryu in a powersuit? For shame

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Who gives a poo poo

My boy HAMMERHEAD has graced us once again

And is that Suiryu in a powersuit? For shame

Suiryu already made his powersuit debut like 4-5 chapters ago.
Also, translation is out
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1060507/1

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

So much intrigue, this owns. It's very cool how quickly they became baddies instead of 3 years of it being drawn out

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Oh dear it's gonna get wild

And dumb

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
lol the neo heroes are going to get so wrecked. Going after Garou? They don't stand a chance.

Also laughed at, "I'm supposed to get out in three years."

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
drat, i'd really missed this comic. it makes sense that hammerhead would show up now, since the neo heroes are very obviously picking up the long-forgotten plot hook from the end of that story.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

drat, i'd really missed this comic. it makes sense that hammerhead would show up now, since the neo heroes are very obviously picking up the long-forgotten plot hook from the end of that story.

ONE doesn't forget any plot hooks, he ties em all together pretty neatly

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I'm pretty excited for Saitama's other disciples, Garou and Sweet Mask, to show up and help do some real hero work.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Who wants to bet the two robots/cyborgs that showed up at the end of that arc are in fact the two Neo employees with Metal Bat right now?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Terror Sweat posted:

ONE doesn't forget any plot hooks, he ties em all together pretty neatly

yeah that's part of what makes this manga so good. that plus solid pacing and bomb rear end fights

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm glad ONE had a flurry of updates again, this poo poo owns

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
i doubt even the Hero Name Victims Association could compete with the BEAVER MOVERS

yota821
Sep 3, 2006

RatHat posted:

Who wants to bet the two robots/cyborgs that showed up at the end of that arc are in fact the two Neo employees with Metal Bat right now?

They were introduced in chapter 125

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

We know the anime didn’t expect to see Hammerhead again, since he was shown to be at a job interview during the Boros arc.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Passed the job interview to become a prisoner

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
He's not actually in jail for destroying a building, he got caught jaywalking.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The next chapter of the redraw is going to be beginning of the Hammerhead arc to explain why he is in prison.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
NGL that's a redraw that I'd like to see, at the very least.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
That unironically sounds like something I’d be super stoked for if it was only half a chapter cause it sounds stupid as poo poo.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Bucswabe posted:

We know the anime didn’t expect to see Hammerhead again, since he was shown to be at a job interview during the Boros arc.

I could have sworn there was a panel of him in a suit after giving up the villain life

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Terror Sweat posted:

I could have sworn there was a panel of him in a suit after giving up the villain life

There is, he was being followed by some B or C class heroes who were monitoring him the same time he was going for a job interview. Odds are they arrested him later.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Things sure are escalating quickly... the next big arc is shaping up nicely. Also, time to check in on Garou next chapter, hell yeah!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I wonder if he changed his hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
New chapter
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1074599/1