Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

himbos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Our Winning Son and Izuru show that Chess can be fun even if both players have no idea how to play the game. Like both of them are convinced that Chess is exactly like Shogi, and thus are shocked to find out that Knights in Chess do not move exactly like Keima in Shogi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK4YT7lUyIo

EDIT: I guess I need to refresh the page more. But it's even funnier if you actually know how to play Shogi. Since Izuru and Roberu clearly know Shogi, and are constantly shocked to find out that Chess has different rules from Shogi.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Nice reposte.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emWjfXcpYEU&t=488s

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JacN1MzyeKo

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

^i can still hear korone when she was playing rat simulator ("hello, hello hello... UEIIII hello hello, UEIIII")

hololive minecraft shenanigans makes me wish my buddies play minecraft too, i mean we play animal crossing but the prank potential is nowhere near as high

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB2J5-Bab-E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhZiZf0M-hQ
(Or the remix, but that version takes a bit to get to the relevant part.)

This made me realize that, as unlikely as it would be, I'd love to hear them cover some FFXIV pieces, like (FFXIV spoilers for ARR/Heavensward and Shadowbringers) Dragonsong, Tomorrow and Tomorrow, Shadowbringer's main theme or so many others.

Onean fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Oct 8, 2020

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Captain Cappy posted:

Nice repost.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Goodbye hyuuuuuman

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Squiddycat posted:

Goodbye hyuuuuuman

im latt

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Yeah this is one of the scariest intersections of ideology I've seen so far. On the one hand, you have obsessive vtuber fan nerds, on the other you have the insane chinese nationalism that even the actual chinese government is very wary of.

I'm glad that so far all they've done is take things off of bilibili, tbh. I would not be surprised to hear about a chinese nationalist showing up outside coco's apartment with a knife or some wild poo poo like that.

Thankfully the exact location of Holohouse is still a mystery. But over the past week and a half its been an interesting field of battle that Twitter has become. Lots of chinese nationalist/antis creating large quantities of dummy accounts either via vpn or abusing in game twitter links (ie: Grand Blue Fantasy, Monster Strike, etc) and then hashtag bombing Coco's art/content tags with a wide assortment of things. From bad photoshops, death threats, bible quotes, sun tzu quotes, adult images, weird anti power fantasies, Chinese proverbs that don't translate well into any other language, to now fan art of Gura. On the other side are Coco/Haaton/Hololive fans on Twitter/Reddit/4ch going through and mass reporting the spam to Twitter. From a birds eye perspective its interesting seeing the power dynamic of each day and the shift in tactics and counter tactics as each side fights it out. Even if Cover isn't officially saying anything to the anti/nationalist the rest of the fan base has largely expressed their stance on the whole topic.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Revolver Bunker posted:

to now fan art of Gura.

i dont get the motive behind this one

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

IT BEGINS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pH1jdr505n8

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Stairmaster posted:

i dont get the motive behind this one

Probably a bid to get some strife going within so people blame Gura even though the antis already said it was worthless to target the ENs?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

gonna destroy coco by spamming ina's sketch of amelia at her so shes too distracted and flustered to stream.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So is Ina the best Holo artist?

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Fat_Cow posted:

not sure, a lot of of them are extremely good. suisei, ui, marine etc

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
When both of them got stuck on the vine, just hanging there staring at each other :lol:

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Waffleman_ posted:

Probably a bid to get some strife going within so people blame Gura even though the antis already said it was worthless to target the ENs?

Its even more dumb then that. Its the same narrative as pitting Coco against the older gens but in reverse. They hope that by showing Gura pictures and praising her success it will somehow spark despair and sadness in Coco over not having the same level of growth and popularity as the shark.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Except that Coco is probably the most supportive of her co-talents out of anyone there and would just be proud?

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I can't wait for the fanart of Gura praising Taiwan as retribution

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Gura shouted out Coco on her karaoke stream, which did ruffle feathers.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

coco walked so gura could run anyways.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
i'm excited for coco's comeback stream and it's the vtuber equivalent of when tyler1 got unbanned.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Stairmaster posted:

coco walked so gura could run anyways.

It's pretty telling that the Chinese think that one of your underlings succeeding is some kind of gross insult to you.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
amelia talked about how when she first saw a cactus as a kid she thought it looked soft and petted it like it was a dog. i'm glad she somehow survived her turbulent childhood

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

SpartanIvy posted:

It's pretty telling that the Chinese think that one of your underlings succeeding is some kind of gross insult to you.

bruh

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
The Amelia and Gura collab is loving awesome. The rest of Holomyth needs to get on their level. I don't think they've had any technical issues or anything.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Fat_Cow posted:

She's the only professional so by default yes

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
The gurame collab is the most like a regular hololive collab compared to all their other ones, just in terms of overall execution and chemistry.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

SpartanIvy posted:

can we loving not make weird-rear end blanket statements about "the Chinese"

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The Chinese anti's threatening the Fubuki bilibili account caretakers might be the dumbest move.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

SpartanIvy posted:

I don't think this is a Chinese thing, so much as an rear end in a top hat thing, and the way you're projecting your frustrations at the situation just comes across as racist against all Chinese people.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://streamable.com/rugwal

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Tabletops posted:

Ui isn't in Hololive, mind (unless the Watame conspiracy holds water :tinfoil:).

Suisei and Marine (and Polka, as her latest stream showed) are all really good, but I'd say Ina beats them solidly as the best artist within Hololive. Outside... if anything, I'd say she's on the same level as legit pros like Ui and Tamaki, though I don't have a good enough eye to say who's the better artist.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Brunom1 posted:

Suisei and Marine (and Polka, as her latest stream showed) are all really good, but I'd say Ina beats them solidly as the best artist within Hololive. Outside... if anything, I'd say she's on the same level as legit pros like Ui and Tamaki, though I don't have a good enough eye to say who's the better artist.

You can compare Ina's professional pixiv with Ui and Tamaki

https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/1931249/artworks
https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/431873/artworks

They are all pretty good anime style artists operating in the same kinda genre sphere. I'd like to see off-genre works from them. I'll say Ina is fast as gently caress so thats a definition "pro" in her favor.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Jerkface posted:

The gurame collab is the most like a regular hololive collab compared to all their other ones, just in terms of overall execution and chemistry.

Unsurprising honestly, they are the two strongest streamers among the EN girls. After watching all the smaller collabs, Gura is definitely holding back during the full ones to let the others shine. I think after those two Ina is the best streamer, but she seems to be better suited for chill streams (of which full collabs generally aren't).

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
slamming my way into the thread to pound the "post racism" button as hard as possible

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Tabletops posted:

Ui is Hololive Reserve status, along with Maimoto and Kagura Mea

Eej posted:

She's the only professional so by default yes

I'm not going to go into this because it risks resurrecting the tiresome "WHO ARE THEY REEEEALLY?" chat so I'll just say: nuh-uh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Jerkface posted:

You can compare Ina's professional pixiv with Ui and Tamaki

https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/1931249/artworks
https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/431873/artworks

They are all pretty good anime style artists operating in the same kinda genre sphere. I'd like to see off-genre works from them. I'll say Ina is fast as gently caress so thats a definition "pro" in her favor.

In Ina's RTA drawing stream she mentions debating on starting up a Pixiv account for her art. I think it would be a nice repository for her stream creations.