Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I made a dusk shen with deathcap once and the dude just would not go down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
3 star ahri with double spell crit things is loving disgusting

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

ungulateman posted:

generally when you get a 3 star of a 4 cost unit you win the game and it's not even close. 'shen is good' is not remotely comparable to that
this but katarina as well, especially if you get good items. and shen is a great unit

Goast posted:

please, her name is 3 stahri

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Shen

Armor 50 -> 60
Mana 60/125 -> 50/100
Shield and taunt duration 4/4/4 -> 4/4/8

making shen 3 actually do something? who could have guessed? :thunk:

(source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP3AU4zjmko)

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

if you are playing hunters, try making kindred an assassin with a ghostblade. its a lot better than you would think

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Kindred is just a very strong unit. I always pick her up if I see her early and dump into the comp if I can afford to break synergies. She'll usually be topping the damage chart at level 5 or so.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Miftan posted:

Kindred is just a very strong unit. I always pick her up if I see her early and dump into the comp if I can afford to break synergies. She'll usually be topping the damage chart at level 5 or so.

the secret to assassin kindred is her spell already kicks rear end, but if you make her an assassin suddenly this spell is critting for thousands of damage, and the hunter synergy stacks with assassin too so you can get an empowered auto crit which just decimates someones entire life

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

People are definitely sleeping on early Kindred. I feel like most people don't even realize how good she is even when they run her and only run her because she's a spirit.

Also, Wed they are nerfing/buffing stuff and it looks like Xin Zhao is going to be absolutely brokenly good.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Xin is intended to be one of the 3* carries for both warlord and duelist so yeah I'm glad he's getting buffed to poo poo

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

oops

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

deathbagel posted:

People are definitely sleeping on early Kindred. I feel like most people don't even realize how good she is even when they run her and only run her because she's a spirit.

Also, Wed they are nerfing/buffing stuff and it looks like Xin Zhao is going to be absolutely brokenly good.

Kindred is the best unit to transition to Ashe, using them as an item holder for that. Can also hold items for... pretty much anyone, honestly.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

Quick question, thread: What's the best character to build Hurricane / Luden's / Redemption on, and why isn't it Jax?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

ungulateman posted:

Quick question, thread: What's the best character to build Hurricane / Luden's / Redemption on, and why isn't it Jax?

i had Reasons ok

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Speaking of Hurricane.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

njsykora posted:

Speaking of Hurricane.

hope you were running vayne sharpshooters

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

curiousCat posted:

hope you were running vayne sharpshooters

Brawler/Assassin :negative:

Talon with a hurricane was at least funny.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

njsykora posted:

Speaking of Hurricane.

I want to see that when I have a 3 star Kalista, would be hilarious.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

deathbagel posted:

I want to see that when I have a 3 star Kalista, would be hilarious.

do her spears work with it?

got a win on 1hp with fortune 6 and sett 3. i got SO much gold and a ton of neekos

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

CODChimera posted:

do her spears work with it?

got a win on 1hp with fortune 6 and sett 3. i got SO much gold and a ton of neekos

Yes and it's hella good. Not sure how duelist will be after the b patch

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

Kalista will in fact apply spears with Hurricane, but the rend is single-target so it's only helpful if she's your main source of damage and the enemy has a lot of fairly chunky units for her to stack against (and she lives the whole time).

If you're on duelist reroll she wants AP because she will straight up slam into the attack speed cap with enough duelist stacks. If you're running her as one of your cultist carries she really needs a rageblade.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Oh I didn’t even realize there was a b patch today

https://mobile.twitter.com/Mortdog/status/1313908733424984064

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

kingcobweb posted:

Oh I didn’t even realize there was a b patch today

https://mobile.twitter.com/Mortdog/status/1313908733424984064

The game is a bit more balanced now but Aphelios is still really strong. Up to D3 now and climbing, this set rules.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Duelist is getting buffed this patch lol. It's already dominating every game I play recently.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
3-star chosen Katarina in Warlords 6, with Jeweled and Hextech - powerful.
Me looking at my items with a galaxy-brain decision - she should take 2 recurve bows to attack faster and spin more.
Result: Lost 50 LP.

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

njsykora posted:

Duelist is getting buffed this patch lol. It's already dominating every game I play recently.

they backed the buff out

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah I saw that on Mort's video today. Pretty smart but how that was even being considered given how dominant Duelist is right now is amazing.

Anyway this happened.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Truly, the strongest build:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I haven't yet decided if it's actually good or just a meme but I pulled off the Bubble Bobble comp in my 2nd game of the new patch. It is a Yasuo's worst nightmare, every single Yasuo I saw just got instagibbed as soon as the fight started once the Luden's was on.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I think it could be good with more frontline like hyperroll Ziggs + Malphite, idk what fits well with enlightened mage though, maybe fortune frontline with Annie and go down to 4 enlightened

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I think the biggest problem with Nami being good is that Jinx exists and uses most of the same components but better. The best Nami comp I can think of is hyperroll Nami, Fiora, TF, Tahm Kench with fortune chosen pref. Add Annie at 5 for 3 mage 3 chosen 2 enlightened and if you hit it's an easy top 4. Prio sword > tear > rod and pivot to Jinx if you miss. This actually sounds epic and I think I will try it out

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Irelia is the comp's main frontline, with the 3 points of her not being hugely contested, Gargoyle getting buffed and her getting good use out of Gunblade meaning she can tank for a long time, or at least long enough that Nami can just permastun everyone that's actually dangerous. It's a very specific comp, you absolutely need 6 enlightened and 3 mage for the mana boost and double casting so it's something you can only effectively run if you get a Nami Chosen since she needs to be 3 star to get the 4 second stun and allow her to permastun anyone she gets a bubble on.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

Nami chosen also gets 25% mana cost reduction which makes her cast insanely fast with luden's and shojin. The build gets absolutely punked by sharpshooters and to a lesser extent ashe brawlers but it's definitely something to keep in mind if you see the opportunity

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010

Goast posted:

I've had some pretty wild games with moonlight lissandra with that item too, slap a bluebuff on her and she'll be able to merc some champs early

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

3* jarvan is a total crank and basically single handedly makes warlord a real comp on the new patch. 750 base damage on a warlord who gets up to 105 sp for free is really good

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
I had a 2* Kalista today in a 6 Duelist comp with a Rabadon's and Runaan's and she basically melted teams. 10% per spear, I can only imagine what a 3* would have looked like.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

now just cross your fingers and hope people in your lobbies don't turn their brains on and go warwick every game because waht the gently caress

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

i only play normals and don't play a ton but virtually everyone today was going divine/ww/duelist including myself. what are the ideal ww items?

i was also putting in some adept/enlightened/dazzle. it's fun playing comps that have tons of different options

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

ungulateman posted:

now just cross your fingers and hope people in your lobbies don't turn their brains on and go warwick every game because waht the gently caress

Yeah it’s really dumb and I think I’m taking this patch off unless they hotfix

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

This patch has absolutely slaughtered me and I think I'm gonna take a break or play normals because I've dropped 4 divisions. Christ.

Cavelcade fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Oct 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

kingcobweb posted:

Yeah it’s really dumb and I think I’m taking this patch off unless they hotfix

https://twitter.com/Mortdog/status/1316785860675682305

:rip: