Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Dead Cow posted:

If you don't buy it as anything other than a messenger role, then you would have to say that Sal is lying

Why? Sal is saying that he got a message saying Steak is town. That's what a messenger role would do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Retro Futurist posted:

Why? Sal is saying that he got a message saying Steak is town. That's what a messenger role would do

Amni confirmed that it was a mod communication and not a messanger.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well wtf then

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Oh gently caress DB is the scum.

Amnistar posted:

GulagDollls, Scum Aligned Iruka has been sent to the Hokage for disciplining.

Iruka's abilities were:

Chakra Sensor - You are able to target players even if they use an ability that would cause night actions to fail.
Ninjutsu Instructor - Each night you can select a player to teach one of the below Ninjutsu. That player will have their action for the night blocked, but gain access to the ninjutsu for the rest of the game.
-Replacement Technique - Once per game you can prepare the replacement technique as your night action. If you do, all actions that target you that night fail.
-Henge Technique - You can change your form to that of any other player, any watchers or trackers will see that player, not yourself.
-Clone Technique - There is a 50% chance that night actions taken against you will fail if you use the clone technique
As an academy instructor you cannot fail (Immune to NKs)

It is now N2, you have 24 hours to submit night actions.

Noone has claimed (besides steak), to have been blocked N1. That means that Gulag probably gave his scum buddy Ninjutsu. If Gulag gave his scum buddy ninjutsu, he blocked his scum buddy but gave him magnificent powers.
DB has claimed that he lost his BP N1.

But really, he just got the Henge technique. he pretended to be Squiggly last night and attempted to murder me. Dead Cow, as a good watcher, watched the claimed cop and saw Dick Bastardly disguised as Squiggly trying to murder me. I was saved by Taste.

This is based on the assumption of 2 scum, not 3. Which I think is reasonable considering a 12 player game with a third party player with a single kill and all the PGOs floating around which could have caused massive chaos (and still might).

If there are 3 scum, then DB could still have been the kill target, with Hum being the scumbuddy who got the ninjitsu training night 1.

But I think 2 scum is more likely, and that makes DB the scum who attempted to take my life last night, and at the very least thought he was framing Squiggly.

##vote Dick Bastardly

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Squiggly posted:

Because steak was blocked by gulag, which meant there was an unaccounted for kill and my roleblock potentially stopped sandwolf from killing n1. He was my top target all day yesterday and rightfully so

probably has been mentioned by now, but i was blocked by RF giving me a thing

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grandicap posted:

Noone has claimed (besides steak), to have been blocked N1. That means that Gulag probably gave his scum buddy Ninjutsu. If Gulag gave his scum buddy ninjutsu, he blocked his scum buddy but gave him magnificent powers.

But really, he just got the Henge technique. he pretended to be Squiggly last night and attempted to murder me. Dead Cow, as a good watcher, watched the claimed cop and saw Dick Bastardly disguised as Squiggly trying to murder me. I was saved by Taste.

This is based on the assumption of 2 scum, not 3. Which I think is reasonable considering a 12 player game with a third party player with a single kill and all the PGOs floating around which could have caused massive chaos (and still might).

If there are 3 scum, then DB could still have been the kill target, with Hum being the scumbuddy who got the ninjitsu training night 1.

But I think 2 scum is more likely, and that makes DB the scum who attempted to take my life last night, and at the very least thought he was framing Squiggly.

##vote Dick Bastardly

this is excellently laid out.

##vote db

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sure

##vote db

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
I’m ok with this
##vote db

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Grandicap posted:

##vote Dick Bastardly

All of this is wild and fantastic and completely wrong, but you do you.

Honestly, the schadenfreude that is to come for everyone voting me out is almost worth it to me and I am useless other than my vote so maybe my town flip will actually end up spelling doom for the scum. I am ready for death. (If scum somehow wins this game however, I am going to facepalm so hard).

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I will self hammer 5 mins before deadline if I am still vote leader by then.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I think DC's take on taste is excellent and also Squiggly being the probable killer via being grandi's fourth visitor points to those players being our scummers.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I want to know what Grandicap thinks about DC's case on taste and also tastes weak defense.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Stay hatin scumass

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

t a s t e posted:

I have role related reasons to suggest gulag isn’t the vote here, but I won’t override a cop claim without any counter

If the flip suggests the cop claim is unreliable, naturally I’ll be inclined to doubt the sincerity of the claimed cop

Your "role related reason" to not want to vote gulag was simply, gulag was your scumbro.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

t a s t e posted:

Stay hatin scumass

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Having a role related reason to do anything but not explain it in the false interest of protecting your self-implied towniness is a great way for scum to hide behind fabricated content (ie., your mysterious and probably fake reason to not want to lunch gulag)

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I implore everyone to read my posts this game, and compare them to taste's and ask yourself which is more pro-town or which player reads like town trying to suss out scum. I think you'll find that I am not the one to vote today or ever.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I can empty quote too, check this out

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

I want to know what Grandicap thinks about DC's case on taste and also tastes weak defense.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The pale imitator flailing around smh

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
db is lowkey scumclaiming, righ? or is it just me...?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

He’s tryna make noise, I respect him going down swinging

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. Steak posted:

db is lowkey scumclaiming, righ? or is it just me...?

What words that I posted, specifically, that led you to this conclusion?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

t a s t e posted:

The pale imitator flailing around smh

My role flavor is that I am David Foster Wallace

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

lol on both counts there

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Dick Bastardly posted:

I think taste is very town. I think his reaction to my cop claim was genuine. Scum would know that the cop result was accurate. Taste didn't try to stop the execution on Gulag, but expressed doubts. This would have only served to blow back on him if Gulag was scum.
If taste were scum, that would have been a rather silly move.

There is nothing really to defend here, so tastes defense was weak.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Dick Bastardly posted:

My role flavor is that I am David Foster Wallace

Did you claim flavor yet for real though?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Grandicap posted:

Did you claim flavor yet for real though?

I have not. I'm actually Sakura and my ability is getting perfect grades (one shot BP which was expended N1)

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Mr. Steak posted:

probably has been mentioned by now, but i was blocked by RF giving me a thing

Actually it wasn't I forgot about that aspect of his role

##unvote

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Any reason not to hammer

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
I really don't wanna do this because I'm about to defend db I think but did I miss something or is hum also unclaimed and untracked for n1?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Squiggly posted:

I really don't wanna do this because I'm about to defend db I think but did I miss something or is hum also unclaimed and untracked for n1?

afaik its basically just hum and db who arent soft-confirmed...? except i forgot about you, i forget what made you confirmed. but yeah

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
Hum has been lurking and I have no idea anything about him or his role

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I have no idea what’s going on.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

If it isn't DB I'm pretty happy with Hum. But DB first.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

##vote db ok

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don't know if I feel good about DB but I can hammer if we're done. I'd definitely feel worse switching with a few hours left

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I don't really know what else I can say in my defense and any other viable case is already out there it seems. Once again I think taste is scummy in how they were reluctant to lunch a flipped scum and also for having vague reason to push a lunch on me earlier than this current grandi push.

I'm sticking with squiggly as the night results seem to indicate is likely scum. Not sure how I feel about hum, could be coy scum playing a low key game perhaps. I'll reread hum and see if I have overlooked anything weird. I do have a commitment irl that should end and hour or so before deadline. Small chance I may run a tad late back to the game, but I think I should be able to be here for deadline.