Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm not sure I follow the logic here. Steak is scum because he believes in occam's razor here? I mean either scum killed SNG and SNG killed Sandwolf, or scum killed Sandwolf and an unclaimed vig killed SNG and SNG didn't kill anyone.

It's not impossible but I don't see how it's unreasonable to assume SNG was the scum kill

Retro Futurist posted:

You agree with steak but are also voting him for it? Your list of reasons is super weak too, and definitely looks like you having to justify yourself in a hurry.

I have more of a read on Epislon so I'm staying there but yeah I'd switch to rosa

do these two posts sum up your scum suspicions re: Sub Rosa or is there anything else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I see what people are talking about with their stuff yesterday, though I'm not as sold on that. It's more the quoted bits, plus the fact that they seem to be calling steak out for the night action confusion, even though he dropped it and you didn't. Rosa seems to be giving you (a player I believe to be scum) a pass for no discernable reason, and the only one I can think of is that you're both scum.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

if either one of us were executed today and flipped town, would you still suspect the other of being scum?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Hal Incandenza posted:

I am with RF on this one, ep was trying the scummy PR. Dropped it when he had heat. Spends time on night action “confusion” instead of casing

##vote Epsilon

Yeah, this stood out to me at the time, but nobody else seemed to really call them on it so I let it go.

##vote epsilon

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Epsilon Plus posted:

if either one of us were executed today and flipped town, would you still suspect the other of being scum?

I know you didn’t ask me but sub Rosa is scummy as well on his own, and as far as the “giving you a pass” thing that really could happen regardless of your alignment, as he could be defending a scumbro or also just knows you are town since they are scum and just want to avoid being part of a bad lunch

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Eh... I'd rather lunch one of steak of subrosa but I will vote Epsilon now because I won't be around at deadline due to having to go to sleep. Still on the fence on Epsi but I'm willing to vote em.

##vote Epsilon

This puts them at -2 so someone may want to unvote, I sadly won't be able to be around to change the vote on a swap.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Yami Fenrir posted:

Eh... I'd rather lunch one of steak or subrosa but I will vote Epsilon now because I won't be around at deadline due to having to go to sleep. Still on the fence on Epsi but I'm willing to vote em.

##vote Epsilon

This puts them at -2 so someone may want to unvote, I sadly won't be able to be around to change the vote on a swap.

Maf edit

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hal Incandenza posted:

I know you didn’t ask me but sub Rosa is scummy as well on his own, and as far as the “giving you a pass” thing that really could happen regardless of your alignment, as he could be defending a scumbro or also just knows you are town since they are scum and just want to avoid being part of a bad lunch

See I'm the other way around. If Epsilon flipped town I'd be less suspicious of Rosa, but if Rosa were town that wouldn't really affect my Ep read.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Q_res posted:

Yeah, this stood out to me at the time, but nobody else seemed to really call them on it so I let it go.

##vote epsilon

the same argument as before applies here: why would I, as scum, very purposefully draw attention to myself on D1 when nobody has any reads? who am I shielding in this case?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Epsilon Plus (4): Retro Futurist, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Hal Incandenza, Q_res, Yami Fenrir
Sub Rosa (2): Amnistar, Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir, Mr. Steak
Mr. Steak (1): Mr. Humalong, Q_res, Sub Rosa, Sub Rosa, Yami Fenrir, Sub Rosa, Mr. Humalong, Yami Fenrir, Q_res
Retro Futurist (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak

Not Voting (4): Epsilon Plus, Maigius, Mr. Humalong, Tommunist

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to hang. The current deadline is October 08th, 2020 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 4 hours, 3 minutes.

:negative:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I think Tomm is probably scum

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

Who?

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Mr. Humalong posted:

Tomm has done basically nothing D2, other than insinuate you did something last night. Any more reasoning than that?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Maigius posted:

Tomm has done basically nothing D2, other than insinuate you did something last night. Any more reasoning than that?

Seems like pretty good reasoning to me

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

Seems like pretty good reasoning to me

Hmmmmmmmm!

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Because my action failed last night.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Which leads me to believe he roleblocked me

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr. Humalong posted:

Seems odd that he would call attention to that

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Retro Futurist posted:

Seems odd that he would call attention to that

Oh, the irony.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Mr. Humalong posted:

Is this based just on his weird, unprompted questioning about what people think you did last night or is there more?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I mentioned this for moving forward. I don’t think he should be the vote today.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Some of you seem real eager for a swap, though

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
I am not scum sorry scumalong

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

I have zero energy for mafia it seems and zero reads.

I role blocked scumalong last night

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr. Humalong posted:

Some of you seem real eager for a swap, though

Who? None of us have agreed with you.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
theres still time for a swap to sub rosa

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Retro Futurist posted:

Who? None of us have agreed with you.

Lol, look how stupid you look

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Maigius posted:

So you’re reading the thread but haven’t cast a vote

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Tommunist posted:

I have zero energy for mafia it seems and zero reads.

I role blocked scumalong last night

Nice job, I could have told everyone if this E+ poo poo was a smokescreen or not

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Nah

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Mr. Humalong posted:

So you’re reading the thread but haven’t cast a vote

I'm leaning to E+, but I don't think it's time to go to -1 just yet. We still have almost 3 hours left.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Maigius posted:

I'm leaning to E+, but I don't think it's time to go to -1 just yet. We still have almost 3 hours left.

There has been next to no discussion in the past 3 hours. Why would there be any more in the next 3?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Humalong posted:

Nice job, I could have told everyone if this E+ poo poo was a smokescreen or not

what? literally what use is breadcrumbing something now? isnt this exactly how i caught you as scum in an earlier game? you breadcrumbed cop for no reason to subtley get town thinking ur a cop. but a real cop wont randomly out themselves like that.

and no this isnt rolefishing. you just volunteered, unprompted, that you have an investigative role. man humalong was totally not on my radar but now he is

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Whomar i role blocking tonight (can't role block scumalong again)

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

##vote himalong

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

what? literally what use is breadcrumbing something now? isnt this exactly how i caught you as scum in an earlier game? you breadcrumbed cop for no reason to subtley get town thinking ur a cop. but a real cop wont randomly out themselves like that.

and no this isnt rolefishing. you just volunteered, unprompted, that you have an investigative role. man humalong was totally not on my radar but now he is

There’s a lot of things I could be

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Steak relying on meta lol

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Tommunist posted:

##vote himalong

Useless vote 3 hours before deadline

E+, Steak, Tommu

Two of them are scum

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Mr. Humalong posted:

Useless vote 3 hours before deadline

E+, Steak, Tommu

Two of them are scum

Im mod confirmed town hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Post the mod confirmation