Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Hypocrisy posted:

Popularity did not help Gaolang.

I mean, he lost, but turned his opponent's face into ground hamburger while emerging pretty much unscathed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014

Kanos posted:

I mean, he lost, but turned his opponent's face into ground hamburger while emerging pretty much unscathed.

Fight was pretty hilarious since it was mostly Medel pulling out "howevers" that got countered almost instantly.

ChazTurbo fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Oct 7, 2020

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I'll always appreciate that we got a kengan version "this isnt blood, its victory wine."

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Raws: https://imgur.com/a/YVElcqy

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

whats the point just wait a few more hours.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lmfao thats a loving mortal kombat xray move

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

How to ruin improve game sessions & family ties with one simple question.

-Would this be better if I used poison?
Maaan you can't just fatality monke like that, he did nothing that entire match other than using knuckle scratches.
Was it a legit "I promoted him to be fang as a joke" from metsuda? I was hoping for something like he likes to show off that he was a top tier martial artist but then goes gorilla when things don't go his way.
I just want to see more facial expressions from him, he had such a variety.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

Ahh, this takes me back to "reading" Vietnamese raws of Kengan Asura a hundred chapters ahead of the translation. In a funny way, it was more exciting than reading the English translations; experiencing the fights solely by visuals made them more unpredictable, I guess.

My reaction to this chapter:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Buzzsaw Roomba posted:

My reaction to this chapter:

lmao same

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
holy poo poo this chapter

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
fuuuuck yeahhhhh but did he kill him or make it so he can never fight again?! masasasasa don goofed imo

Andrew Lime
Oct 9, 2012
I think misasa has the only realistic body shape of this entire series (when it comes to fighters, I mean)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Stairmaster posted:

whats the point just wait a few more hours.

While I agree it's cool seeing just how much effort hng put into the redrawing

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I assume one of the translated dialogue boxes is Shao Kahn saying BRUTALITY

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Jose posted:

While I agree it's cool seeing just how much effort hng put into the redrawing

I'd hate to be any of the English manga publishers looking at Kengan because the poo poo Hokuto no Gun does for Kengan is legitimately intimidating

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1061056

translation here

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Jose, my boy, how did you lose to this?

Hellbunny
Dec 24, 2008

I'm not bad, I'm just misunderstood.

Suspicious Lump posted:

fuuuuck yeahhhhh but did he kill him or make it so he can never fight again?! masasasasa don goofed imo

Naw he's "talking to him in the final page, he's alive, if just barely"

edit:ofcourse NOW there's a translation

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

JamMasterJim posted:

Jose, my boy, how did you lose to this?
Bad writing making Yumi a complete chump of a fang who just throws out techniques with no reason or rhyme. Man I'm disappointed by this fight since not only did Agito not get revenge, but Misasa and Yumi are so boring.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I feel like the title of Fang just lost massive credibility. Also Purgatory lost about 3/4's of it's energy without Yumigahama's incredible heel powers and facial expressions.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

Brought To You By posted:

but Misasa and Yumi are so boring.

?????? mods?

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Caidin posted:

I feel like the title of Fang just lost massive credibility. Also Purgatory lost about 3/4's of it's energy without Yumigahama's incredible heel powers and facial expressions.

At least we still have good pairs, like Banner-Wangfan, Dongchecg-Naidan and Terashi-Lolong
"Lolong moved?"

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

JamMasterJim posted:

At least we still have good pairs, like Banner-Wangfan, Dongchecg-Naidan and Terashi-Lolong
"Lolong moved?"

I don't really like sleepy bench man and his muttering about every poor decision his side makes in a fight, sometimes even before they've made them.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Brought To You By posted:

Bad writing making Yumi a complete chump of a fang who just throws out techniques with no reason or rhyme. Man I'm disappointed by this fight since not only did Agito not get revenge, but Misasa and Yumi are so boring.

Pretty much. Though I I had a better opinion of Yumi being the biggest jerk everywhere.

Also RIP Koga ever being a main character again.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Oct 8, 2020

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
This is definitely NOT the end of monkey man. I’m anticipating a fight in the future where he’s not constrained by space and becomes a lot more dangerous

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

This is definitely NOT the end of monkey man. I’m anticipating a fight in the future where he’s not constrained by space and becomes a lot more dangerous

Yes, where he can mimic a ballista or catapult as a not as cool Jerry.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

If monkey man had combo'd or chained his styles like Agito learned to do, he would have been much more devastating. Two swords INTO quickdraw followed by spear would have been cooler and more effective.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

He's too much of a recurring heel to get buried and removed by a just-introduced character, so I'm going to assume he'll get real bitter and fall in with the Worm in some way to try to get revenge.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
These fights are fun but I can't help but think this tournament is a little half-baked since I get the feeling that the whole point of Omega as a distinct unit of storytelling is that it's fights are going to be less organized and more violent than what was in Asura

For comparison, when the coup started during the Annhilation Tournament, it was a nice little interlude that was a breath of fresh air, and importantly, it didn't take away too much time from the main story. This time I feel like the tournament is the interlude, but it's this big long-winded and has brought all forward progress to a screeching halt regarding stuff like the Worm story and Koga's development

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Personally I'm here for the big fights and the flashbacks during said big fights

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

The fights in this tournament are weird because they have much more restrictive rules and gimmicks than the Annihilation tournament but we've had two competitors end their matches with their faces looking like someone put them under a hydraulic press.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
I'm here just to watch my boy Raian dunk on some fools.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
There were a few fights back in Kengan Ashura that ended in faces literally punched in, only for the guy to show up later fine. I don’t think the worst of the facial violence (that isn’t inflicted by Muteba and Meguro) is completely diegetic.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Dr Christmas posted:

There were a few fights back in Kengan Ashura that ended in faces literally punched in, only for the guy to show up later fine. I don’t think the worst of the facial violence (that isn’t inflicted by Muteba and Meguro) is completely diegetic.

but that was allowed by the rules while purgatory allegedly frowns upon it.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Monkey got buried because he let himself get baited by someone he was clearly disrespecting the competence of into a fight where the options were finish it quick or cede the advantage, and then didn't actually consider the second option because he had no respect for Misasa. I'm completely cool with him getting owned.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dr Christmas posted:

Bone-sword doctor isn't here to treat everyone though! They're all dead! Everyone on the Purgatory side's loving dead dude!

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
When bone-sword doctor rappels in from the ceiling with face healing juice shooting out his feet you're gonna feel real foolish.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

RareAcumen posted:

Bone-sword doctor isn't here to treat everyone though! They're all dead! Everyone on the Purgatory side's loving dead dude!

You don't know that, he could just be in the medical suite being restrained by his assistant because he is trying to dissect medel atm.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Monkey man is now cursed to being perpetually owned and will give Koga his first real victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

I enjoyed this fight because I feel it was part of a larger setup. This entire series is all about references.

Misasa was a character from Ashura and was framed to be part of something bigger in Omega; all the bodyguards are watching him, he’s had a fair few lines for someone who isn’t a main character or an affiliated fighter in Ashura, and there just something about how he carried himself. Nitoku and Akoya, for example, haven’t had near as much presence.