Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

That's an optimistic interpretation.

I believe they have a resource server that feeds the main JP server, so I don't think it'd be an issue to link to the EN server.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

That's an optimistic interpretation.

I can't imagine a worldline that doesn't include Super Prankster Pekora paying a visit to leave them some presents.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Also Gura finding a village and just stealing everything that's not bolted down is hilarious.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

If the girls don't go on the JP server eventually they are leaving SO MUCH on the table.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Of course they're gonna play on the JP server at least some, that's silly. Even the JPs play on their own sometimes

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

A dedicated HoloEN server is probably a smart choice anyway, the runaway success of the girls has likely already paid for Gen2 to happen early next year.

Not sure how enthusiastic I'd be for a potential English version of Holostars though, I expect they'd end up being more toxic than Amelia lol.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Gura did some research for this. She's got a whole gameplan.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

SpartanIvy posted:

Gura did some research for this. She's got a whole gameplan.

Yeah, like water, pillar, big

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

'GauGura was blown up by a creeper'

glad i know what i missed

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Lol she has an idea about how to do some underwater stuff but the gulf between where she is now and even starting that is so big lol

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Honestly I can see Pekora going over to the EN server and building some auto resource farms for them to use.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
She said she can't build on jp :( dunno why they're segregating them like that.

Also they spelled her name wrong?

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Tabletops posted:

Also they spelled her name wrong?

They're still under the embargo and I think the comment she was responding to was along the lines of "Are you playing in the JP server right now?"

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Tabletops posted:

I would assume that's only because of the collab rule

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

astr0man posted:

I would assume that's only because of the collab rule

I'd assume they aren't going to be playing on the jp server. They segregate holostars too.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Some of these rides on Ame's stream are actually making me motion sick

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I feel like people are reading a lot into some offhand comments

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Tabletops posted:

I'd assume they aren't going to be playing on the jp server. They segregate holostars too.

They don't segregate ID. The only reason Holostars isn't on the JP server is because they're boys and people would pitch fits if the girls were with boys.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Tabletops posted:

The holostars are segregated due to bullcrap idol culture, and even then that didn't stop Matsuri from doing several songs with Rikka (last of which released 3 weeks ago) and doing a musical collab with him 3 months ago, so I don't think there's a hard rule on that end.

Furthermore, it'd seem very inconsistent to let, for instance, Kiara and Subaru do a collab like the one they've already scheduled and keep the JP Minecraft server cordoned off.

I think Gura really did mean that she can't enter the JP server until the collab restriction is down.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Even still, the Holostars have visited the Hololive server at least once

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
A shark is lost in the woods, is she played by Scott Akula?

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
They should treat it like a summer camp and have the boys and girls on different sides of the server but always pranking each other.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Spose so, maybe they'll visit but theyll be building on en.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Saagonsa posted:

I feel like people are reading a lot into some offhand comments

shocked_korone.png

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Tabletops posted:

Spose so, maybe they'll visit but theyll be building on en.

you are reading way too much into this, even the 5th gen hololives had their own minecraft server that they played around in until the collab period was lifted and they joined the main server

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Brunom1 posted:

The holostars are segregated due to bullcrap idol culture, and even then that didn't stop Matsuri from doing several songs with Rikka (last of which released 3 weeks ago) and doing a musical collab with him 3 months ago, so I don't think there's a hard rule on that end.

Furthermore, it'd seem very inconsistent to let, for instance, Kiara and Subaru do a collab like the one they've already scheduled and keep the JP Minecraft server cordoned off.

I think Gura really did mean that she can't enter the JP server until the collab restriction is down.

I hope so! Y'all probably right.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
don't they have some sort of server hop capability? like I've seen them go to these structure things and then bam they're somewhere else and also its a different time of day

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Mazerunner posted:

don't they have some sort of server hop capability? like I've seen them go to these structure things and then bam they're somewhere else and also its a different time of day
Yeah they're running a mod that lets them link servers, there's the main hololive server they build all their poo poo on and then a resource server that gets reset monthly, bimonthly, idk

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Gura screaming in surprise is so great because she tries hard not to :allears:

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

So Gura said multiple times during the stream that she wants to visit the JP server (and probably will be allowed to) and wants to show off their stuff to the JP members, but looks like the EN server is their home to build poo poo on.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Lyer posted:

So Gura said multiple times during the stream that she wants to visit the JP server (and probably will be allowed to) and wants to show off their stuff to the JP members, but looks like the EN server is their home to build poo poo on.

How is minecraft latency? Makes sense to have an NA server for HoloEN because 3 of the 5 are in NA, but that kinda sucks for Kiara and Mori. I wonder if they will link the servers, that would be a nice way to let EN have their own landscape to build in (and to expand with future HoloEN Generations) but allow them to hop over to JP and collab.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Jerkface posted:

How is minecraft latency? Makes sense to have an NA server for HoloEN because 3 of the 5 are in NA, but that kinda sucks for Kiara and Mori. I wonder if they will link the servers, that would be a nice way to let EN have their own landscape to build in (and to expand with future HoloEN Generations) but allow them to hop over to JP and collab.

I'm guessing its less about lag and more about space for the inevitable 2nd EN generation. They probably will link it (or should), there's a dedicated resource server that links to the JP one to feed all the building, so it would be odd if they didn't do the same, especially if the EN server was split off for future growth.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
I wonder why they spelled her name wrong

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I think even after the lockdown ends the holomyths should be kept away from Marine.

Or Amelia at the very least.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

I think even after the lockdown ends the holomyths should be kept away from Marine.

Or Amelia at the very least.

Amelia/Marine/Coco team-up is what the world needs, though.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Tsilkani posted:

Amelia/Marine/Coco team-up is what the world needs, though.

Nah I want the Horny Jail team, Amelia, Marine, Moona.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Lyer posted:

Nah I want the Horny Jail team, Amelia, Marine, Moona.

Moona is also an excellent addition to the 2 Horny Crew. I feel like leaving Coco out would be doing us all a grave disservice, though.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://twitter.com/watsonameliaEN/status/1314403968206794753?s=19

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I've been wanting to write Flare and Noel for something, is there some more background lore for them? I know that Noel likes beef bowls and prefers maces, but does Flare have a weapon of some sort?

In other news, Ina made me install Mahjong Soul...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCa_k4UnhKs

oh this is good, read first comment if confused