Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.
https://twitter.com/TheKateMulgrew/status/1314249926050709504

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stramit
Dec 9, 2004
Ask me about making games instead of gains.
https://youtu.be/caLji74IIp4

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O53_5LCQZg

rip years of anime posting

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SmokaDustbowl fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Oct 9, 2020

stramit
Dec 9, 2004
Ask me about making games instead of gains.
it’s okay to like both anime and the expanse. it’s not a competition :)

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I like some anime but other anime is not for me!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

okay so we had discovery then short treks then picard then lower decks and now this? all in like 3 years? gently caress's sake

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

im just so tired of all these star treks

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

kind of a blade runner feel?

Way back when I was 18 or so I would forego drinking beers some weekend nights to save cash (and also avoid the taxi fare) and drive out to the rock night in the next town over in my beat-up VW Camper van, then roll home at 3am with a bunch of drunk friends in the back. I would always drive back past this:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.5...56!9m2!1b1!2i23

and it would always spark my imagination, though its been much reduced now it used to be a sky full of tall masts with warning bulbs on the top, big buildings covered in white lights and huge flame stacks burning off into the night - so Blade Runner, I'd think.

Wasn't until years passed that I read that Ridley Scott was a local lad and used to pass by the same way as a young man, and it had totally inspired him.

:allears:

And I'm not the only one

http://skepticalprobe.blogspot.com/2018/01/blade-runner-opening-sequence-circa-1975.html

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

:stare::hf::nfpa:

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Oct 9, 2020

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Based on listening to Steven Fry reading Sherlock Holmes Audible recommended me the Max Carrados stories (also read by Steven Fry).

They're like: "What if Sherlock Holmes was actually interesting and good and not just a loving cop?"

E: Also his superpower is blindness rather than cocaine and heroin?

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Oct 9, 2020

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Agile Vector posted:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Agile Vector posted:

did you know i had the titular line in star trek?

see, the captain is fighting the bad guys, and i'm a stowaway, because i'm always stowing away, and i go "hoo boy, i'm just so tired of all the star treks"

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

oh wow

quote:

I suspect Ridley Scott may have met one of my girlfriends from that area when I was just a teenager. She may have inspired him to write "Alien".

questions

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i have some cousins that grew up in a refinery town. the whole place smelled like rancid farts.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Agile Vector posted:

It's a good thing they can't ruin the best one with a reboot.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Days after winning OASIS founder James Halliday’s contest, Wade Watts makes a discovery that changes everything.

Hidden within Halliday’s vaults, waiting for his heir to find, lies a technological advancement that will once again change the world and make the OASIS a thousand times more wondrous—and addictive—than even Wade dreamed possible.

With it comes a new riddle, and a new quest—a last Easter egg from Halliday, hinting at a mysterious prize.

And an unexpected, impossibly powerful, and dangerous new rival awaits, one who’ll kill millions to get what he wants.

Wade’s life and the future of the OASIS are again at stake, but this time the fate of humanity also hangs in the balance.

Lovingly nostalgic and wildly original as only Ernest Cline could conceive it, Ready Player Two takes us on another imaginative, fun, action-packed adventure through his beloved virtual universe, and jolts us thrillingly into the future once again.

:hmmno:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

oh good ng+: the book

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

earnest decline

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I'm trying to make a Haddaway's "What is Love" joke but I really can't be arsed to give enough of a gently caress about the ReadyPlayerverse to actually do so?

:shrug:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.
well at least you took the time to tell us how lazy you are

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Agile Vector posted:

earnest decline

mad about gunters

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

infernal machines posted:

well at least you took the time to tell us how lazy you are

I pass it along in the hope that one of you gently caress-givers about the ReadyPlayerverse may yet make this joke blossom!

:tipshat:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Ready Player None.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
surprising that it's even a book instead of just skipping straight writing the sequel's screenplay

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

indigi posted:

Ready Player None.

Insert Coin

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
ready player one 2: a new challenger approaches

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

twoeady pl2yer one: the squeakwel

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
2 player 2 furious: heated gamer nights

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

two players, one controller

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
ready player one: ready twoer

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I just hope he doesn’t remember the TMNT/Simpsons 4-banger cabs?

:ohdear:

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
liked the last two episodes of the boys

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

rjmccall posted:

liked the last two episodes of the boys

she stood 6 foot 6
weighed about 245
not a nazi alive, could hope to stand up to
queen maeve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEds_TZ1QNU

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
i finished Raised By Wolves. the first two episodes were great and of course it couldn't keep that up but it was still disappointing how far downhill it went. the mystery of the planet was boring because they obviously just wanted to string along the audience without actually doing anything. and let's have the guy go crazy for no reason except that otherwise there wouldn't be enough of a conflict.

really great premise and design and everything but too bad it couldn't've have a better story.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i was just gonna say that raised by wolves was dumb because its about magic space worms and religious nutjobs but thats basically what dune is, so its not the premise just the terrible, terrible, terrible execution.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
did the Dune guy ever write anything that wasn’t Dune or Dune related

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Herbert_bibliography

:shrug:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the list is on wikipedia and I had never heard of any of them besides the dune books

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I read the WorShip ones and don’t remember much so can’t have been too bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

i don’t think the new auralnauts was posted yet so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDKr0-Llooc