Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Spooky Halloween Outfit Ideas
This poll is closed.
The guy from Hades 37 7.76%
The priest from Faith 22 4.61%
A Corpse from Microsoft's Graveyard 27 5.66%
The Ouya 62 13.00%
Google Stadia (scariest option) 73 15.30%
Mr. Mosquito 31 6.50%
Did someone say Bowsette? BECAUSE I AM PRETTY SURE I HEARD SOMEONE SAY BOWSETTE 122 25.58%
Wario (nude) 62 13.00%
Wario (formal) 33 6.92%
Captain N 8 1.68%
Total: 304 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Awesome Animals posted:

Y'all, I'm real bad at Final Fantasy Tactics.

As someone that has recently been playing through looking at all the damage formulae and hidden multipliers and secret knowledge and whatnot I'm gonna say "that's understandable"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I'm at the battle in Dorter City, and it may as well be the final battle. Like, I'm blocked real early on. I'm going to do it though!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Awesome Animals posted:

I'm at the battle in Dorter City, and it may as well be the final battle. Like, I'm blocked real early on. I'm going to do it though!

Yeah, that's one of like three or so major roadblocks for most people, which is super disheartening because it's like the 5th fight in the game.

I think your 3 biggest early power moves to try and push through are:
High brave monk with equip armor passive from knight
High faith black mage
Any high brave characters with auto-potion reaction ability from chemist

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Saint Freak posted:

Yeah, that's one of like three or so major roadblocks for most people, which is super disheartening because it's like the 5th fight in the game.

I think your 3 biggest early power moves to try and push through are:
High brave monk with equip armor passive from knight
High faith black mage
High brave characters with auto-potion reaction ability from chemist

I appreciate the advice. If I can't get past it in a few more tries after some grind, I'll work towards this!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Also remember to save in many different slots. There are fights in the game that you save after and then they throw you immediately into more fights, and if that's your only save and you can't win the subsequent fights then you're just stuck.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Started watching the new sci-fi show, Raised by Wolves. It's the movie Prometheus, if Prometheus skipped all of the alien stuff and just went straight for all of the parts about Androids committing crimes, and wondering about how to be hosed up depressed humans.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Ah, thanks for reminding me about that. I want to watch that!

Saint Freak posted:

Also remember to save in many different slots. There are fights in the game that you save after and then they throw you immediately into more fights, and if that's your only save and you can't win the subsequent fights then you're just stuck.

Protip for any game, tbh

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Savescumming is for cowards.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Is it save scumming to have multiple saves should you hit a game over? I always interpreted it as quick reloading to manipulate randomness or intended constraints.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
One save never look back.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

saves cumming

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Disposable Scud posted:

Christ Mechassault 2 is super impressive graphically for sixth gen game.

With Battletech and Mechwarrior 5 I'm a little surprised there's seemingly no interest in a new Mechcommander or Mechassault game. I mean hell, they made a Gears tactical squad game and it was actually good!

I wasn't as big on MA2 as 1 though. I didn't like the on-foot grapple and hacking mechanics at the time.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Oct 9, 2020

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I watched this and I'm still not sure it isn't a Frog Fractions-style thing. the game and character design are so simple as to be a game made up by Law and Order or CSI

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Awesome Animals posted:

that flight's hard. give your two NPC buddies bows so they aren't completely useless, charging up the one tower after a guy they can't get for turns and turns. nuke that guy with black magic

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What made Among Us all of a sudden such a popular game? It released in 2018 and no one cared about it until very recently. But it has exploded with massive popularity in what seems to have been overnight?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I watched this and I'm still not sure it isn't a Frog Fractions-style thing. the game and character design are so simple as to be a game made up by Law and Order or CSI

Their last game was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJKtJG7bDME

Octodad is a good game, btw

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

With Battletech and Mechwarrior 5 I'm a little surprised there's seemingly no interest in a new Mechcommander or Mechassault game. I mean hell, they made a Gears tactical squad game and it was actually good!

I wasn't as big on MA2 as 1 though. I didn't like the on-foot grapple and hacking mechanics at the time.

Microsoft doesn't hold the rights, and they are probably not interested in returning to it. The Battletech license has changed hands so much over the years. Battletech was alright, but Mechwarrior 5, and Mechwarrior Online were disappointing. The table top miniature game isn't even held by one company, but is split up between two companies and each is only allowed to handle certain miniatures and aspects of the game.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Oct 9, 2020

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

Their last game was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJKtJG7bDME

Octodad is a good game, btw

oh, I know, I remember when that first came out a decade ago. is Bugsnax the only they've come out with since rereleasing Octodad?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I said come in! posted:

Microsoft doesn't hold the rights, and they are probably not interested in returning to it. The Battletech license has changed hands so much over the years. Battletech was alright, but Mechwarrior 5, and Mechwarrior Online were disappointing. The table top miniature game isn't even held by one company, but is split up between two companies and each is only allowed to handle certain miniatures and aspects of the game.

MW5 was disappointing true lol, but I forgot MS isn't involved anymore.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

where is there a web quiz I can take to learn my Grumpus name

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Awesome Animals posted:

My bit of advice: the game has some UI functionality that you won't know about until you discover it by fat-fingering. I think if you press.. triangle? when you are going to cast a timed action (like a spell or charged shot), it will show you when in the initiative order that timed action will go off.

Also, you'll want to level up someone as a thief/ninja (some class that gets speed boosts) sometime by the end of chapter 3. Trust me on this one.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Jay Rust posted:

Spoiler: my answers
First row: minecraft, god of war, gran turismo, ?, Borderlands?, Wario Ware, castlevania?, star fox?, unreal, ?, final fantasy, ?
Second row: earthworm Jim, ?, yoshi’s something or other, ?, ?, ?, doom, half life, Metroid, mass effect, ghost trick, ?
Third row: Sonic?, left 4 dead, pikmin?, grand theft auto?, Diablo, ?, ?, ?, Pokémon, portal, ?, mortal kombat?
Fourth row: pac man, dead space?, ?, Zelda, ?, ?, gears of war?, ?, ?, monkey island?, fable?, donkey Kong
Fifth row: ?, super smash bros, ?, ?, plants vs zombies?, quake, Kirby, halo?, red dead redemption?, ?, the sims, Deus Ex

gently caress that’s a lot of question marks

49, maybe 48

Most of you are saying Earthbound for the second row E after Yoshi (I did too), but I can't find any art where that E is part of the logo. Also I didn't guess it, but I'm not sure G on row 4 is Mega Man

The combined answer key (Almost complete)

Minecraft, God of War, Gran Turismo, Viva Pinata, Rage, Warioware, Castlevania, Starfox, Unreal, Super Mario World, Final Fantasy, La Noire
Earthworm Jim, Guitar Hero, Yoshi's Island, Tetris, Street Fighter, Far Cry, Doom, Half-Life, Fallout, Mass Effect, Ghost Trick, Rock Band
Sonic, Left 4 Dead, Pikmin, GTA, Diablo, Angry Birds, Little Big Planet, Crysis, Pokemon, Portal, Rayman, Mortal Kombat
Pac-Man, Halo, Lemmings, Legend of Zelda, Metal Gear, Outrun, Gears of War, Mega Man, Contra, Monkey Island, Fable, Donkey Kong
Prince of Persia, Smash Bros, Uncharted, Space Invaders, Plants vs Zombies, Quake, Kirby, Starcraft, Resident Evil, Professor Layton, Sims, Deus Ex

edit: It's loving Tetris

double edit: Found the actual answer key at https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1e8l7y/video_game_font_quiz_answers_in_comments/, updated my list

ymgve fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Oct 9, 2020

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

ymgve posted:

Most of you are saying Earthbound for the second row E after Yoshi (I did too), but I can't find any art where that E is part of the logo.

tEtris

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

lol it's Tetris not Earthbound. I'm an idiot.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

That one pointy e is loving people up

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

I saw that letters post half asleep and thought someone posted a ransom note

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

MW5 was disappointing true lol, but I forgot MS isn't involved anymore.

It's hard to keep it straight with where the license is. For the longest time the original creator and IP rights holder of Battletech / Mechwarrior, FASA, was around to manage all of it and Battletech flourished as a result, but then they went out of business in 2007. This caused everything to go into limbo and its only within the last few years that all of the licensing headaches finally got worked out with the table top, and video games. Now Battletech is making a come back in both spaces, especially table top where an entirely new line of miniatures in plastic are coming out, its the first update to the models in decades.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

I said come in! posted:

What made Among Us all of a sudden such a popular game? It released in 2018 and no one cared about it until very recently. But it has exploded with massive popularity in what seems to have been overnight?

Some streamers and youtubers started playing it and it got popular among them because the ten player nature of the game makes it easy for lots of collabs. The fact it's a pretty simple mafia game that's very cheap and accessible meant that it was easy for viewers to then try it out themselves.

Here's a PC Gamer article about it: https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/how-among-us-became-so-popular/

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I gotta imagine it's a great feeling when you wake up one morning and get a text from your co-worker Steve saying "Hey remember that game we made a few years back? Yeah we made thousands of dollars on it overnight"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ymgve posted:

49, maybe 48

Most of you are saying Earthbound for the second row E after Yoshi (I did too), but I can't find any art where that E is part of the logo. Also I didn't guess it, but I'm not sure G on row 4 is Mega Man

The combined answer key (Almost complete)

Minecraft, God of War, Gran Turismo, Viva Pinata, Rage, Warioware, Castlevania, Starfox, Unreal, Super Mario World, Final Fantasy, La Noire
Earthworm Jim, Guitar Hero, Yoshi's Island, Tetris, Street Fighter, Far Cry, Doom, Half-Life, Fallout, Mass Effect, Ghost Trick, Rock Band
Sonic, Left 4 Dead, Pikmin, GTA, Diablo, Angry Birds, Little Big Planet, Crysis, Pokemon, Portal, Rayman, Mortal Kombat
Pac-Man, Halo, Lemmings, Legend of Zelda, Metal Gear, Outrun, Gears of War, Mega Man, Contra, Monkey Island, Fable, Donkey Kong
Prince of Persia, Smash Bros, Uncharted, Space Invaders, Plants vs Zombies, Quake, Kirby, Starcraft, Resident Evil, Professor Layton, Sims, Deus Ex

edit: It's loving Tetris

double edit: Found the actual answer key at https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1e8l7y/video_game_font_quiz_answers_in_comments/, updated my list

No way is the G in the 3rd row Little Big Planet.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
You can find an answer key if you just google search the image. Real gamers know how to game the game :smug:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Infinitum posted:

No way is the G in the 3rd row Little Big Planet.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Hope no one wanted to play Afro Samurai 2 on their PS5

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1314588298422022145

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Saint Freak posted:

You can find an answer key if you just google search the image. Real gamers know how to game the game :smug:

You cheated not only the game, but yourself. You didn't grow. You didn't improve. You took a shortcut and gained nothing. You experienced a hollow victory. Nothing was risked and nothing was gained. It's sad that you don't know the difference.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Hwurmp posted:

where is there a web quiz I can take to learn my Grumpus name

Biffany Bunglersweet

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

:argh:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Rexicon1 posted:

Biffany Bunglersweet

that is so me

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Wait is the smash ball a letter?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

O?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Saint Freak posted:

Hope no one wanted to play Afro Samurai 2 on their PS5

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1314588298422022145

I actually own DWVR. :saddowns:

It’s uh, not very good. Also was Afro Samurai 2 the one that got pulled from sale for being terrible?