Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Yeah he is just loving around since he loves getting people mad

Yeah it owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Oh well if meg rowley said that I should care.

Effectively wild suuuuuucks.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

lol all of a sudden SAS thinks Bauer’s whole “2000’s era Internet contrarian/troll” shtick is hilarious

I thought we had better taste than that now

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I don't think it is hilarious, I just don't give a poo poo in a sport with plenty of genuinely awful people

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Effectively wild suuuuuucks.

literally the first time I've ever heard this opinion

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
effectively wild is fine but you shouldn't launder your opinions through what the host of a podcast says

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/Yankees/status/1314594254807879681

too bad a whole generation only knew him through whitey wackers

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

bawfuls posted:

lol all of a sudden SAS thinks Bauer’s whole “2000’s era Internet contrarian/troll” shtick is hilarious

I thought we had better taste than that now

I dunno - we're back to calling people midgets and retards and what not so everything old is new again.

Ron Paul 2024.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dinosaurs! posted:

As much as I want to believe every horrible thing about the Cardinals and never fear their Devil Magic again:

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1314320204483235840?s=20

I can't help but notice no actual denial about DeJong being a flat-earther in this. Seems like it would be pretty easy to say "Paul DeJong is not a flat-earther" instead of listing off his family's academic accolades.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Spoeank posted:

effectively wild is fine but you shouldn't launder your opinions through what the host of a podcast says
I was more just giving her credit for articulating a sentiment I agree with.

weird rear end vibes in the thread this morning

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

STAC Goat posted:

And thus returns my "please don't sign Trevor Bauer" watch.

Why? He's pretty entertaining IMO.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

bawfuls posted:

I was more just giving her credit for articulating a sentiment I agree with.

weird rear end vibes in the thread this morning

You're acting like we are failing because we don't agree with you and the podcast host ("I thought we had better taste than that now") when Trevor Bauer is doing something we find funny.

And it is funny, it rocks.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Whitey Ford died

Rip

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Whitey Ford died

Rip

https://twitter.com/lukeisamazing/status/1314599554273206275

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Trevor Bauer sucks more cause he's a weird internet creep who internet stalked a woman who said he wasn't as good as Alex Bregman and had his Twitter followers harass her.

He has bad opinions but is also just a genuine creep.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Popete posted:

Trevor Bauer sucks more cause he's a weird internet creep who internet stalked a woman who said he wasn't as good as Alex Bregman and had his Twitter followers harass her.

see, this is a valid Trevor Bauer loving sucks take

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

So the year is not over and we have already lost Al Kaline, Lou Brock, Tom Seaver, Bob Gibson, and now Ford.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Popete posted:

Wasn't he also the one who had the weird incel-vibes dating checklist or am I thinking about somebody else?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Sydin posted:

Wasn't he also the one who had the weird incel-vibes dating checklist or am I thinking about somebody else?

Yeah, he's a midgrade MRA chud shitposter and I don't really get why people respect it as much as they do.

A decent amount of the pitching-specific stuff he does is interesting but the idea that he's an amazing personality and fascinating guy is very weird to me.

(That goes for people who read his tweets just to get mad at him. Curate your own feeds!)

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Yeah but he shitposts the Astros so everyone here loves him!

Inspector_666 posted:

Yeah, he's a midgrade MRA chud shitposter and I don't really get why people respect it as much as they do.

A decent amount of the pitching-specific stuff he does is interesting but the idea that he's an amazing personality and fascinating guy is very weird to me.

(That goes for people who read his tweets just to get mad at him. Curate your own feeds!)

I don't get it either. I've got quite a few friends that follow Trump specifically to wake up and read his tweets. Why personally invite that much negativity into your life?

Kirios fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Oct 12, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Dear Baseball Goons,

Yesterday I was kind of an antagonistic dick. I'm sorry. I was going through some poo poo. My mother was headed into surgery this morning and without realizing it my anxiety had worked itself up so much that I found myself crying while saying mean stuff about the Astros. I apologized in the game thread and everyone was so kind and understanding that it really helped me in a way I needed. I'm happy to say that she's out of surgery and doing well. Surgery turned out to not have to be as invasive as thought. Things sound really good. Knock on wood.

I want to thank you again for being so good and decent in a moment I needed it and might not have deserved it. Maybe this is silly. Maybe this is self indulgent. I apologize for it being off topic. But my wonderful mom once told me you should never pass on a chance to tell someone what they meant to you or thank them for what they did for you. You guys really helped me in a way I can't really fully verbalize. And again, I'm sorry i lost myself in the anxiety.

Vertical Lime posted:

https://twitter.com/Yankees/status/1314594254807879681

too bad a whole generation only knew him through whitey wackers
This was one of my mom's favorite players and really hosed with me when it crossed the screen as I was watchingESPN to distract myself. Not looking forward to telling her when she gets home. Knock on wood.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
The last six weeks or so have been brutal for baseball legends.

God drat Whitey Whackers

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Oct 9, 2020

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

Dear Baseball Goons,

good luck to you and yours brother. sometimes we say things we don't mean in one space because things are a mess in another space and we lash out

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

Lou Brock, Tom Seaver, Bob Gibson, and now Ford.

These four all in the last 33 days. 2020, stop it.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Josh Donaldson is Trevor Bauer without the politics and woman issues, enjoy his fun content instead

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Poque posted:

Josh Donaldson is Trevor Bauer without the politics and woman issues, enjoy his fun content instead

Josh Donaldson was injured while reading this post and is out for 1-3 weeks

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
I was at the Chuck Knoblauch dollar hot dog night game and I just realized how close that moment was to the Whitey Whackers bit lol

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

lol what if the Astros had a novel sign stealing system in their back pocket all year which they rolled out for the DS?

we should wildly speculate about the integrity of any offensive success they have at this point

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

God Hank Azaria's Vin Scully is dead on.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

bawfuls posted:

lol what if the Astros had a novel sign stealing system in their back pocket all year which they rolled out for the DS?

we should wildly speculate about the integrity of any offensive success they have at this point

They just never found the cameras they put in Dodger stadium in 2017, like riding a bike that is loud and notifies you when a breaking ball is coming.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think Dusty Baker winning a World Series would rule and the Astros winning one again would be really funny so go Astros

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Poque posted:

There are rumours attached to Josh Donaldson, so don't be so sure.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It kinda seems like Bauer is trying pretty hard to be non political recently, no?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
the Astros winning might be funny for maybe 30 seconds

but then all their shitheaded players and fans are going to be unbearably smug for at least 2-3 years

so in the end I'd rather they lost tbh

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Bauer likes to think of himself as the smartest guy in baseball and I think he realized touting MAGA poo poo was working against that narrative.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

more falafel please posted:

God Hank Azaria's Vin Scully is dead on.

I only just watched Brockmire this summer and it's so good. I love that everyone always calls Joe Buck by his full name.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

mcmagic posted:

It kinda seems like Bauer is trying pretty hard to be non political recently, no?

He is trying to be a marketable cultural entity and be big on like youtube and sell shirts and whatnot. He is the kid of guy who would cream his pants if fanbases on Twitter starting trying to sway him to join their team in FA every year. Bringing up politics usually works against all that and I'm sure deep down he is still some MAGA dipshit, but I don't care much if he doesn't talk about it.

Beyond all that I think he goes back to Cincy if they make him a decent offer, especially if he is sticking to his one year deal thing. He apparently loves the Reds pitching coaches and in theory the team is still set up to be competitive next season.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Julio Cruz posted:

the Astros winning might be funny for maybe 30 seconds

but then all their shitheaded players and fans are going to be unbearably smug for at least 2-3 years

so in the end I'd rather they lost tbh

if they beat the dodgers again it would actually be v funny for a v long time

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Spoeank posted:

if they beat the dodgers again it would actually be v funny for a v long time

Julio Cruz posted:

fans are going to be unbearably smug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I am truly sorry if my San Francisco avatar gave you the impression that I am a Houston fan