Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Mr. Nice! posted:

thanks to following the presidential guidelines of yolo, my dad got the rona from his republican poker buddies. he's been sick now for 9 days and just got admitted to the hospital. he's now alone and afraid he's going to die and i feel loving horrible because i don't wanna lose my dad.

that sucks dude :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Mr. Nice! posted:

thanks to following the presidential guidelines of yolo, my dad got the rona from his republican poker buddies. he's been sick now for 9 days and just got admitted to the hospital. he's now alone and afraid he's going to die and i feel loving horrible because i don't wanna lose my dad.

i'm so sorry

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

i am getting fuckall done at work today!!!

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1314627983471239168?s=20

weee

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
iran or whoever is way too smart to actually respond to that and give him the insta-war that he thinks will cinch the election.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I’d make eye contact with him and fart. I did it all the time for like two years. I didn’t even know his full name, just heard that his coworkers thought he was a nut for complaining about “the guy who would fart on me in the break room”

Mr. Nice! posted:

Sorry to hear that, also we're all gonna have stories like this before it's all done.

Apr 7, 2003

I’d make eye contact with him and fart. I did it all the time for like two years. I didn’t even know his full name, just heard that his coworkers thought he was a nut for complaining about “the guy who would fart on me in the break room”
Someone elsewhere on this site posted about their mom going out to eat, once, and getting covid-19 from her server. Makes me feel better about being a near-hermit for seven months.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

"we are going to do to you things that have never been done before"

like what? fly a B-52 over tehran and drop a thousand tons of water balloons?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

graph posted:

i'm so sorry

yeah, im sorry too and i hope he gets better soon

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Someone elsewhere on this site posted about their mom going out to eat, once, and getting covid-19 from her server. Makes me feel better about being a near-hermit for seven months.

my folks asked if we go anywhere and my answer was i no contact get pizza because we saw too much half-assing in june to feel safe with anything else

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Pretending that we can fight an actual nation is a great bit. Especially when in our simulation we got our rear end kicked, and had to change the entire simulation to ensure our victory.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Challenge_2002

Apr 7, 2003

Agile Vector posted:

my folks asked if we go anywhere and my answer was i no contact get pizza because we saw too much half-assing in june to feel safe with anything else

IF you remember those old ads about how when you sleep with someone you sleep with everyone they've ever slept with

well yeah, with this stuff when you're around someone you're basically hanging around with everyone they've hung out with the past three weeks.

I just don't trust people enough for that

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Mr. Nice! posted:

i lost my dad after a 10 month onslaught of cancer, including a month and a half for him in the icu. it was the worst year of my life and hosed things up big time for me ever since.

all to say, sorry to hear this, and i hope he recovers. it’s ok to feel horrible and be singularly unproductive in the meantime. it’s a really hosed up situation

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Uptime Sinclair posted:

i lost my dad after a 10 month onslaught of cancer, including a month and a half for him in the icu. it was the worst year of my life and hosed things up big time for me ever since.

all to say, sorry to hear this, and i hope he recovers. it’s ok to feel horrible and be singularly unproductive in the meantime. it’s a really hosed up situation

pretty much same and same, gently caress cancer

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Roosevelt posted:

"we are going to do to you things that have never been done before"

like what? fly a B-52 over tehran and drop a thousand tons of water balloons?

iran's not nearly stupid enough to hand him a second term by responding in the way that he wants so he can do a few vanity bomb runs right before november

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

watch trumpy start a war

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

Mr. Nice! posted:

:/ sorry to hear that, my dude

stay strong

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
yeah, good luck to you, your family, and especially your father.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

President Beep posted:

yeah, good luck to you, your family, and especially your father.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Evangelicals didn't even give a gently caress about abortion until some political strategist types figured out they could replace segregation with it as a wedge issue in the eighties.

and that they could potentially get a larger portion of the Catholic vote too that way

fortunately for them, Catholic voters continue to almost perfectly reflect the larger American electorate, they didn’t all go to one side because abortion

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

people who don't vote joe biden want 4 more years of this because they are psychopaths

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

Na na na na na na na na Batman!

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

watch trumpy start a war

"We can't have an administration change in a time of war :)"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

akadajet posted:

people who don't vote joe biden want 4 more years of this because they are psychopaths

or they live in a state where their vote doesn't matter

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

klosterdev posted:

"We can't have an administration change in a time of war :)"

oh cool. a time machine that goes back 16 years.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

akadajet posted:

gently caress you

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

sounds like typhoid donny is looking to extend his covid super spreader streak beginning tomorrow.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

akadajet posted:

yospos is a lot of bay area goons and lol if you think their vote for president matters lol

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Imagine thinking that a bunch of democrats (including Joe Biden himself) wouldn't like a war with Iran

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

bump_fn posted:

yospos is a lot of bay area goons and lol if you think their vote for president matters lol
correct

this is why im not supporting a sundowned warmongering racist rapist. rapists are bad people. it's also hilarious how libs killed metoo because it looked bad for their senile rapist so they made up a zillion medium buzzfeed articles about how women's bodies have ways of shutting that thing down and logistically it's just impossible see this 30 paragraph essay about how tara is lying.

gloria la riva is going to win

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

akadajet posted:

joe biden has a far worse record re: war than trump does.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

akadajet posted:

this is a bad take and you should have some me-time to reason out why its a bad take

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

its amazing how the solution to the democrats being huge failures is voting even harder for them.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

the more the dems gently caress up, the higher the stakes are that a democrat has to win, the more you absolutely need to vote for dems next time

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.

graph posted:

this is a bad take and you should have some me-time to reason out why its a bad take

this is what happens man, you make a c-spam containment zone, eventually you get c-spam

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

power botton posted:

the more the dems gently caress up, the higher the stakes are that a democrat has to win, the more you absolutely need to vote for dems next time

*1972* look i know this warmongering racist isn't your first choice, sure material conditions will continue to massively deteriorate for 99% of the people but you have to vote for him because he does less racist and think of all the poors/immigrants/lgtbq/bipocs that will be irreparably harmed if the other guy wins. we'll do some good in another 4 years we promise. now is not the time to play politics this is too important. no we can't tax the rich, or give you healthcare, nor we can't stop consuming fossil fuels yet because the economy isn't stable yet, but don't worry as soon as it is we'll take care of it.

*1976* look i know this warmongering racist isn't your first choice, sure material conditions will continue to massively deteriorate for 99% of the people but you have to vote for him because he does less racist and think of all the poors/immigrants/lgtbq/bipocs that will be irreparably harmed if the other guy wins. we'll do some good in another 4 years we promise. now is not the time to play politics this is too important.no we can't tax the rich, or give you healthcare, nor we can't stop consuming fossil fuels yet because the economy isn't stable yet, but don't worry as soon as it is we'll take care of it.

*1980* look i know this warmongering racist isn't your first choice, sure material conditions will continue to massively deteriorate for 99% of the people but you have to vote for him because he does less racist and think of all the poors/immigrants/lgtbq/bipocs that will be irreparably harmed if the other guy wins. we'll do some good in another 4 years we promise. now is not the time to play politics this is too important. no we can't tax the rich, or give you healthcare, nor we can't stop consuming fossil fuels yet because the economy isn't stable yet, but don't worry as soon as it is we'll take care of it.

*1984* look i know this warmongering racist isn't your first choice, sure material conditions will continue to massively deteriorate for 99% of the people but you have to vote for him because he does less racist and think of all the poors/immigrants/lgtbq/bipocs that will be irreparably harmed if the other guy wins. we'll do some good in another 4 years we promise. now is not the time to play politics this is too important. no we can't tax the rich, or give you healthcare, nor we can't stop consuming fossil fuels yet because the economy isn't stable yet, but don't worry as soon as it is we'll take care of it.

*1988* look i know this warmongering racist isn't your first choice, sure material conditions will continue to massively deteriorate for 99% of the people but you have to vote for him because he does less racist and think of all the poors/immigrants/lgtbq/bipocs that will be irreparably harmed if the other guy wins. we'll do some good in another 4 years we promise. now is not the time to play politics this is too important. no we can't tax the rich, or give you healthcare, nor we can't stop consuming fossil fuels yet because the economy isn't stable yet, but don't worry as soon as it is we'll take care of it.

*1992* look i know this warmongering racist isn't your first choice, sure material conditions will continue to massively deteriorate for 99% of the people but you have to vote for him because he does less racist and think of all the poors/immigrants/lgtbq/bipocs that will be irreparably harmed if the other guy wins. we'll do some good in another 4 years we promise. now is not the time to play politics this is too important. no we can't tax the rich, or give you healthcare, nor we can't stop consuming fossil fuels yet because the economy isn't stable yet, but don't worry as soon as it is we'll take care of it.

*1996* look i know this warmongering racist isn't your first choice, sure material conditions will continue to massively deteriorate for 99% of the people but you have to vote for him because he does less racist and think of all the poors/immigrants/lgtbq/bipocs that will be irreparably harmed if the other guy wins. we'll do some good in another 4 years we promise. now is not the time to play politics this is too important. no we can't tax the rich, or give you healthcare, nor we can't stop consuming fossil fuels yet because the economy isn't stable yet, but don't worry as soon as it is we'll take care of it.

*2000* look i know this warmongering racist isn't your first choice, sure material conditions will continue to massively deteriorate for 99% of the people but you have to vote for him because he does less racist and think of all the poors/immigrants/lgtbq/bipocs that will be irreparably harmed if the other guy wins. we'll do some good in another 4 years we promise. now is not the time to play politics this is too important. no we can't tax the rich, or give you healthcare, nor we can't stop consuming fossil fuels yet because the economy isn't stable yet, but don't worry as soon as it is we'll take care of it.

*2004* look i know this warmongering racist isn't your first choice, sure material conditions will continue to massively deteriorate for 99% of the people but you have to vote for him because he does less racist and think of all the poors/immigrants/lgtbq/bipocs that will be irreparably harmed if the other guy wins. we'll do some good in another 4 years we promise. now is not the time to play politics this is too important. no we can't tax the rich, or give you healthcare, nor we can't stop consuming fossil fuels yet because the economy isn't stable yet, but don't worry as soon as it is we'll take care of it.

*2008* look i know this warmongering racist isn't your first choice, sure material conditions will continue to massively deteriorate for 99% of the people but you have to vote for him because he does less racist and think of all the poors/immigrants/lgtbq/bipocs that will be irreparably harmed if the other guy wins. we'll do some good in another 4 years we promise. now is not the time to play politics this is too important. no we can't tax the rich, or give you healthcare, nor we can't stop consuming fossil fuels yet because the economy isn't stable yet, but don't worry as soon as it is we'll take care of it.

*2012* look i know this warmongering racist isn't your first choice, sure material conditions will continue to massively deteriorate for 99% of the people but you have to vote for him because he does less racist and think of all the poors/immigrants/lgtbq/bipocs that will be irreparably harmed if the other guy wins. we'll do some good in another 4 years we promise. now is not the time to play politics this is too important. no we can't tax the rich, or give you healthcare, nor we can't stop consuming fossil fuels yet because the economy isn't stable yet, but don't worry as soon as it is we'll take care of it.

*2016* look i know this warmongering racist isn't your first choice, sure material conditions will continue to massively deteriorate for 99% of the people but you have to vote for her because she does less racism and think of all the poors/immigrants/lgtbq/bipocs that will be irreparably harmed if the other guy wins. we'll do some good in another 4 years we promise. now is not the time to play politics this is too important. no we can't tax the rich, or give you healthcare, nor we can't stop consuming fossil fuels yet because the economy isn't stable yet, but don't worry as soon as it is we'll take care of it.

*2020* look i know this warmongering rapist isn't your first choice, sure material conditions will continue to massively deteriorate for 99% of the people but you have to vote for him because he does rape but less less rape and think of all the poors/immigrants/lgtbq/bipocs that will be irreparably harmed if the other guy wins. we'll do some good in another 4 years we promise. now is not the time to play politics this is too important. no we can't tax the rich, or give you healthcare, nor we can't stop consuming fossil fuels yet because the economy isn't stable yet, but don't worry as soon as it is we'll take care of it.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

what about 1968?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.
america's immaculate election

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

I like the other angle of attack thats popular when there's a particularly lovely candidate trotted out - you're voting for the Supreme Court too!!!

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

infernal machines posted:

america's immaculate election

what came first, the presidency or the election? kinda both happened at the same time in 1968 thanks to the hard work of George washginton .

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Why vote for us you ask? Well if you do we might talk about implementing social programs that help the general population. Not implement, just talk, since implementing is a step too far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

thats not really true. Biden has multiple times, including in the first debate, explicitly said that he will not entertain any of that malarky.