Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Please be nice to MRT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Him first

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ICHIBAHN posted:

We can all see the full post but prefacing your message with that bullshit is out of order.

Don't talk to me about Bixby.

I apologize for thinking that Jim Valley has such a great personality and radio presentation that I love his shows and him personally.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

surely the ramp will work this time

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Let’s roll the footage of MRT’s post

https://youtu.be/_8uM0zOBuSw

Wow looks bad

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ICHIBAHN posted:

We can all see the full post but prefacing your message with that bullshit is out of order.

ICHIBAHN posted:

Him first

You are one of the most unpleasant people on the entire board (not just the subforum, all of SA), and have zero business demanding decorum from anybody. You add nothing to discussions, mostly because half of your posts are one word nonsense, the other half is you being lovely to people.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

ICHIBAHN posted:

I'd prefer rovert to a privileged whiny baby like you

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

MassRafTer posted:

I apologize for thinking that Jim Valley has such a great personality and radio presentation that I love his shows and him personally.

I accept your apology

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Honestly, can we rovert this chump? Just a walking derail wherever they go.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

we should put them in some kind of poster thunderdome to see who can post worse and the one who posts worst stays gone.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
*loosens tie, leans into mic*

ichi-ban 'em, please!

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

hunnert car pileup posted:

I'd prefer rovert to a privileged whiny baby like you

Let's not say things we can't take back

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Does Ichiban derail threads? This is the first time I can recall anyone acknowledging them

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Wish there was video of football playing meltzer bodying dennis miller.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

The Croc posted:

Wish there was video of football playing meltzer bodying dennis miller.

This story got me so hyped up as it came up. Hahahaha

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Pretty sure that Dave spent the entire NXT recap sorting paperwork.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I mean the man needs to keep himself entertained somehow.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

sounded like the floor was covered in paper and he was rolling an office chair over it

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
All of these theories are plausible.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Dave tackling Dennis Miller outside Graumans Chinese Theater is one of the funniest Dave stories of all time

"I was looking at the football!

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Rick posted:

All of these theories are plausible.

I bet he meant big news that would delay the Observer.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Low Desert Punk posted:

Dave tackling Dennis Miller outside Graumans Chinese Theater is one of the funniest Dave stories of all time

"I was looking at the football!

"He was a real dick about it."

I'm a Dave Defender, and I sure don't like Dennis Miller, but... C'mon, dude.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Part Two of the Life and Times of Luther is up on Talk is Jericho. Excited to listen tomorrow!

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Everyone focusing on Dennis Miller and ignoring the fact that Dave was at a Hollywood premiere for one of the Rock's movies and just randomly started playing football in the street with children

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Lone Goat posted:

sounded like the floor was covered in paper and he was rolling an office chair over it

Pretty sure that's an accurate description of Dave's office TBH.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/RealPatMcNeill/status/1314302112986210315

Most people probably haven't seen Jim Valley working with Jonny Fairplay in New Dimension Wrestling, so, to celebrate here's something that will confuse you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0CyEOt4Hxg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0o9yFsGYMo

I've watched hours of New Dimension Wrestling and it kind of amazes me it existed prior to the current indie boom... but it's also such a product of its time that it isn't. Imagine the irony of a Joey Janela produce combined with the 90s shock jock mentality.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Oct 9, 2020

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

One of my favorite Retro show contests was the obituary one where one said something like "Dave Meltzer died today in blaze of 40-year-old newspapers after failing to replace smoke alarm."

Bryan noted that wasn't funny because it was too real.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

OctoberCountry posted:

Everyone focusing on Dennis Miller and ignoring the fact that Dave was at a Hollywood premiere for one of the Rock's movies and just randomly started playing football in the street with children

I love how he went from,"So there were some children there playing football for some reason" immediately into "so I'm playing football with them" as if it was just the most perfectly normal thing in the world :allears:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/atm_adam_/status/1314635152547602433?s=20

God, I PRAY there was an editor for this thing

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
The cover design looks like it came out of 1997, so that's cool.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Dave paid Roman a huge compliment in the latest WON as part of the G1 review

"Tanahashi was so great here. The match was really good but Tanahashi from start-to-finish came across as a superstar at the level that nobody in modern wrestling comes across as with the exception of Roman Reigns, and really, way ahead of him as well."

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Davros1 posted:

God, I PRAY there was an editor for this thing

Oh no no no

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The Wrestling Observer 97 yearbook is free on Kindle Unlimited if you have that. I just picked it up. I'm not actually sure what it is.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Is it not just all the observers for 1997? I don't know what it actually is, that's just what I assumed

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I hope it was composed using speech to text :twisted:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

What it seems to be is content from the old observers, but arranged thematically. Like chapter 1 is about UFC getting kicked out of New York that's just an observer article, but at the back there's collections of like all the PPV star ratings/reviews, all the blurbs about people switching companies, etc. I'm not sure how that compares to just a weekly issue though.

E: Yeah, i clicked a random chapter in the middle and it's just all four weeks of Vader in Kuwait coverage collated together.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

that's pretty cool

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Yea I got mine the other day and they break it up by subject and then within each subject, it’ll list the date then the content from that observer.

It’s nothing but text so it’s a pretty dry presentation but it’s loving huge and in-depth.

If you’re a wrestling nerd it’s fantastic.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Senerio posted:

Oh no no no

Took me way too long to see the edit :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

New Rudocast is up! Had a technical issue last week and lost the audio but we are back! AEW Dynamite, looking ahead to the anniversary episode, and NJPW G1. Scotty puts an apuestas bet on next week's AEW World Title match! Plus, a review of the Naito Destino Boxers.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqCHjJdDav0

Audio:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-rudos-podcast/id1468336480

https://open.spotify.com/show/2SqoJSz5Ans40LZIfwFrIg?si=AyQkpWCoSR6cVEY-ypXvhg

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/hardlaser-audio/rudos-podcast?refid=stpr

https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9ydWRvc3BvZGNhc3QubGlic3luLmNvbS9yc3M