Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Kalit posted:

What's the odds of him collapsing from oxygen deprivation?

Even if he has an extended voice failure/coughing fit on camera it'll be funny as hell and destroy whatever image he was trying to project

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

haveblue posted:

Even if he has an extended voice failure/coughing fit on camera it'll be funny as hell and destroy whatever image he was trying to project

"The president merely coughed as a joke. Owned, libs? :smug:"

bobua
Mar 23, 2003
I'd trade it all for just a little more.

haveblue posted:

Do the steroids help with coughing? I seem to recall having an crazy bad cough a few years ago and getting whatever over the top prescription medicine for a cough was and it doing nothing, then googling and reading a lot on 'yeah science blows at coughs.'

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Can we gently caress off with the Hilary should be in jail hot takes? Or if you’re going to indulge in it at least do the favor and drop the mask and go post on your favorite white nationalist site of your choice. You’ll get an audience that will be in full agreement!

white nationalists tend to full-throatedly endorse what the clintons got up to in Haiti though

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

"The president merely coughed as a joke. Owned, libs? :smug:"

"I was coughing sarcastically."

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

haveblue posted:

At this point, who even wants to go to these events? You might literally die from it.

Getting covid from trump is how you prove your loyalty to him now. To protect yourself is to attack him; he is fine and that proves covid isn't a big deal and a hoax by democrats.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

bobua posted:

Do the steroids help with coughing? I seem to recall having an crazy bad cough a few years ago and getting whatever over the top prescription medicine for a cough was and it doing nothing, then googling and reading a lot on 'yeah science blows at coughs.'

As near as I can tell even narcotic cough medicines just make you mind the cough less.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

It'll be real funny if it happens but I'd recommend against anyone getting too deeply invested in the idea that he's going to cough his lungs out and croak on live TV. I doubt his handlers would let this happen if they weren't at least modestly confident that he could get through 30 minutes or so without embarrassing himself any worse than usual.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Is he actually going to be there in person or just hacking up a lung over zoom?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Spiritus Nox posted:

It'll be real funny if it happens but I'd recommend against anyone getting too deeply invested in the idea that he's going to cough his lungs out and croak on live TV. I doubt his handlers would let this happen if they weren't at least modestly confident that he could get through 30 minutes or so without embarrassing himself any worse than usual.

Nobody "lets" Trump do anything, sometimes they can convince him that something that doesn't sound too bad is good for him as well

Sex Hobbit posted:

Is he actually going to be there in person or just hacking up a lung over zoom?

He will be there, on one of the White House's balconies overlooking the grounds

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I think it was in this thread a week or two ago that someone mentioned part of the reason Nixon formed the EPA was so he could use it to go after/punish enemies. Can someone give me a link to an article explaining this?

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Didn't he say he wanted to do a rally in, like, Florida or Pennsylvania tomorrow?

:sad:

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

An "event" could mean a lot of different things.

I wouldn't be surprised if he just comes out and waves at the crowd, has some doctors say he's the healthiest man in the world and was cured of Covid on Sunday, and then maybe he gives brief remarks. That's it.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Can we gently caress off with the Hilary should be in jail hot takes? Or if you’re going to indulge in it at least do the favor and drop the mask and go post on your favorite white nationalist site of your choice. You’ll get an audience that will be in full agreement!

Conspiring to commit aggressive war is criminal, by the standards we applied at Nuremberg anyway.

Although the other standard we applied at Nuremberg is that the standards are applied to the losing side

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Seems like there’s gonna be an event held on the lawn during which he will come out onto the balcony for an undertermined amount of time to say some words. So he might be showing up for all of 5 minutes.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

graham refusing to debate just reeks of desperation.

he got bodied by Harrison at the last debate, and is at best in a dead heat with him polling wise. He's being crushed in fund raising.

He's hoping that he can avoid another embarrassment while rallying up the chud base, but that poo poo ain't working at the moment. If graham had anything to offer the people of South Carolina he would have showed up.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Fritz the Horse posted:

An "event" could mean a lot of different things.

I wouldn't be surprised if he just comes out and waves at the crowd, has some doctors say he's the healthiest man in the world and was cured of Covid on Sunday, and then maybe he gives brief remarks. That's it.

He wants to host a couple hundred people on the south lawn probably few to none wearing masks. Enjoy your hot zone idiots!

FizFashizzle posted:

graham refusing to debate just reeks of desperation.

he got bodied by Harrison at the last debate, and is at best in a dead heat with him polling wise. He's being crushed in fund raising.

He's hoping that he can avoid another embarrassment while rallying up the chud base, but that poo poo ain't working at the moment. If graham had anything to offer the people of South Carolina he would have showed up.
Harrison has a real chance and the only thing fueling my hope is that Graham has turned into a sniveling crybaby whining on every conservative show for money. However, the American people are incredibly stupid and I see Graham winning again.

They should hold the debate with Harrison and a cardboard ladybug in place of Graham

Glumwheels fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Oct 9, 2020

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
There are seriously people that believe that Hillary Clinton shouldn't be one of the dozens of people tried at the Hague and imprisoned for life that were involved with the last two decades of American foreign policy? I honestly can't understand that kind of mindset.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hillary Clinton is absolutely someone who should be put on trial (as as most presidential staff as well as the men themselves) for things she has done.

Hillary Clinton is absolutely not someone who should be put on trial because butteremails as a thin pretext for jailing the political enemies of a rapidly degenerating wannabe dictator.

The first is unlikely to happen ever, for the obvious reasons that most political leaders are guilty of these things and nobody wants to set a precedent if they can avoid it.

The second is, while not likely, significantly more likely at the moment because Trump is batshit insane and telling the difference between what he wants to do and what is just him saying whatever pops into his mind is distressingly hard. Even if he targeted a person who deserved punishment, the fact that punishment would be laid down out of spite and awfulness is not something to support even if you like the end goal, because it isn't only bad people who would be targeted by such a thing.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Classon Ave. Robot posted:

There are seriously people that believe that Hillary Clinton shouldn't be one of the dozens of people tried at the Hague and imprisoned for life that were involved with the last two decades of American foreign policy? I honestly can't understand that kind of mindset.
maybe it's just not that important right now and isn't going to happen anyway so it's pointless to talk about?
"just asking questions" is for assholes.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

JT Jag posted:

Hillary and Kissenger in jail together.

Don't threaten me with a good time

Toobly
Feb 19, 2013

bobua posted:

Not really. In a round about way they could but generally they wouldn't be prescribed for coughing. There are other meds that can help like dextromethorphan and other opioids which do have an effect on the cough center of the brain. Benzonatate (Tessalon) kind of works but it's not super effective. There are actually studies out there that say warm tea or coffee with a teaspoon of honey is superior to pharmacologic agents like corticosteroids. Nothing can really fully suppress a cough though, they either decrease the frequency or the severity. It'd be hard to hold back a cough even if you were taking all of those things.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Jordanfabian/status/1314667215657074689

Literal death rallies.

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.

I'm skeptical. How in the hell can they get a venue and work out staffing and logistics in that short notice?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I was just at the Wendy's Drive-thru and the server accidently handed me Hillary's emails. FBI please contact me. I will be in the parking lot until tomorrow.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

That just reminds me when Obama said the n-word quoting someone else in his autobiography audiobook and we had a week of dumpy white guys going on television to say "oh so HE can say it but WE can't?!"
"Buy your own drat fries!"

surprisingly they didn't hammer this quote as much

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

volts5000 posted:

I'm skeptical. How in the hell can they get a venue and work out staffing and logistics in that short notice?

The last several rallies have been done next to runways at airports.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Toobly posted:

Not really. In a round about way they could but generally they wouldn't be prescribed for coughing. There are other meds that can help like dextromethorphan and other opioids which do have an effect on the cough center of the brain. Benzonatate (Tessalon) kind of works but it's not super effective. There are actually studies out there that say warm tea or coffee with a teaspoon of honey is superior to pharmacologic agents like corticosteroids. Nothing can really fully suppress a cough though, they either decrease the frequency or the severity. It'd be hard to hold back a cough even if you were taking all of those things.

They could be giving him albuterol or something to help with his breathing

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Glumwheels posted:

Harrison has a real chance and the only thing fueling my hope is that Graham has turned into a sniveling crybaby whining on every conservative show for money. However, the American people are incredibly stupid and I see Graham winning again.

Well if Americans are that incredibly stupid then perhaps they deserve Graham.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
https://mobile.twitter.com/FOX9/status/1314662014929776648

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

"President Trump, please poz my neg lungs."

lol @ this. I met him two years ago and he was barely cognizant then so my money's on Liddy writting this for him.
https://twitter.com/SenatorDole/status/1314657560994045952?s=20

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Graham has no idea how to run. He's panicking because he has no idea how to do this. He ran unopposed among his own party for an empty seat (against a Democrat in South Carolina), and that has been running as the incumbent ever since.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I am despondent that covid has killed a poo poo ton of worthwhile people while probably sparing our obese fascist shithead President. Bummer.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Handsome Ralph posted:

lol @ this. I met him two years ago and he was barely cognizant then so my money's on Liddy writting this for him.

Bob Dole is still alive? Holy poo poo.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Handsome Ralph posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt8uNG02ixA&t=74s

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

LeeMajors posted:

I am despondent that covid has killed a poo poo ton of worthwhile people while probably sparing our obese fascist shithead President. Bummer.

Yeah, it is really depressing. I take solace that he will probably live to experience loss and humiliation on a national scale and his every breath will be pain.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Cabbit posted:

Bob Dole is still alive? Holy poo poo.

Not long ago (aka a million years ago in March) I saw him in some local ghoul's campaign ad. He was a tiny skeleton in a fancy wingback chair, barely able to talk.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Just took a vacation....is trump on a ventilator yet?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Trump is still 100% infectious and refuses to say when the last time he tested negative because he absolutely is still testing positive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Tayter Swift posted:

Well if Americans are that incredibly stupid then perhaps they deserve Graham.

Sadly it's only down to the Americans who live in South Carolina, and the white people down there are about as die hard republican as it gets. The only reason why it's even close is the large african american population, so hopefully they turn out at a record pace and the Republicans are discouraged by the two dumpster fires at the top of the ticket and don't bother to vote. That's pretty much the only way to win a state wide election there IMO