Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Spooky Halloween Outfit Ideas
This poll is closed.
The guy from Hades 37 7.76%
The priest from Faith 22 4.61%
A Corpse from Microsoft's Graveyard 27 5.66%
The Ouya 62 13.00%
Google Stadia (scariest option) 73 15.30%
Mr. Mosquito 31 6.50%
Did someone say Bowsette? BECAUSE I AM PRETTY SURE I HEARD SOMEONE SAY BOWSETTE 122 25.58%
Wario (nude) 62 13.00%
Wario (formal) 33 6.92%
Captain N 8 1.68%
Total: 304 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I think Shadow Complex is the only good game on that list?

None of them seem like "gonna keep a ps4 around exclusively to play this" type games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I like how in Castlevania: SOTN, one of items you can equip is sunglasses, and the only thing it does is lower your intelligence.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

I think Shadow Complex is the only good game on that list?

None of them seem like "gonna keep a ps4 around exclusively to play this" type games.

Yeah when I get a PS5, I am going to just be boxing up the PS4 Pro and put it away, and when im not lazy will probably try to sell it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I said come in! posted:

I like how in Castlevania: SOTN, one of items you can equip is sunglasses, and the only thing it does is lower your intelligence.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

:drat:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Unfortunately i'm not seeing where the lie is!

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

I said come in! posted:

There were also boots that increased Alucard's height by one pixel.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

There’s also the peanut you shoot up into the air and if you catch it you restore 1 HP

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Awesome Animals posted:

Y'all, I'm real bad at Final Fantasy Tactics.

The most frustrating thing about FF Tactics is all the people who insist the game is easy because they know exactly which broken class combos to rush down to make it so you wipe every map instantly, so it's hard to find normal advice for humans. Dorter Trade City is a bitch of a map when you got all the enemy archers clowning you from out of range and there's nothing you can do about it.

That reminds me that I've also been wanting to play an SRPG but can't decide on one. FFT/A/A2 were on the list, but I also constantly get tempted to just replay the best SRPG over and over, Devil Survivor

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Have you considered blaming yourself or God

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3ogOUl3UxI

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I remember having a great time with Devil Survivor, but I never finished it. I think I stopped around Day 6? Right near the end.

I do remember the dance skills being ludicrously powerful though. I had Yuzu with Ice Dance equipped and she could just clown on enemies for most of the game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Speaking of turn-based tactical RPGs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiWvNwuBbEE

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Arzaac posted:

I remember having a great time with Devil Survivor, but I never finished it. I think I stopped around Day 6? Right near the end.

I do remember the dance skills being ludicrously powerful though. I had Yuzu with Ice Dance equipped and she could just clown on enemies for most of the game.

So DS1 had a BIG problem with Magic being significantly more useful than physical skills, especially for Yuzu and the MC who had the "correct" build. Every other character in the game had an absolutely poo poo stat-spread, whereas Yuzu would go full Mag with a little Vit/Speed, and I built my MC exactly the same way.

DS2 has way more physical skills that even the playing field, and also more characters who have builds that make sense, so instead of having a bunch of characters who have even stat spreads, you have a physical-equivalent of Yuzu who dumped all his stats into STR/VIT, a girl who is only MAG - builds that the player would probably go for if they had control. It makes the game way more balanced because other skills are viable. Dance Skills are still good, but everything else has been buffed up so that it doesn't feel AS broken (still broken against bosses tho)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

The most frustrating thing about FF Tactics is all the people who insist the game is easy because they know exactly which broken class combos to rush down to make it so you wipe every map instantly, so it's hard to find normal advice for humans. Dorter Trade City is a bitch of a map when you got all the enemy archers clowning you from out of range and there's nothing you can do about it.

That reminds me that I've also been wanting to play an SRPG but can't decide on one. FFT/A/A2 were on the list, but I also constantly get tempted to just replay the best SRPG over and over, Devil Survivor

It's one of those games where the rough part is at the early game (aside from a couple of hard maps later) and then it gets much comfier since you have a lot more options.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Every time I think about buying a new game I have to cycle through my Gamepass, Epic Store free games, PS Plus collection, stack of Gamefly rentals, Humble monthly backlog, and Itch bundle to remind myself I already have access to literally hundreds of games I haven't played yet

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Andrast posted:

It's one of those games where the rough part is at the early game (aside from a couple of hard maps later) and then it gets much comfier since you have a lot more options Cid.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Every time I think about buying a new game I have to cycle through my Gamepass, Epic Store free games, PS Plus collection, stack of Gamefly rentals, Humble monthly backlog, and Itch bundle to remind myself I already have access to literally hundreds of games I haven't played yet

Do you then also buy the game anyways? Because that's what I do.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I think I'm basically in a holding pattern until I get a PS5 or Cyberpunk comes out, whichever comes first

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Well, Cid is only in the very late game. FFT gets much comfier way before that.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Andrast posted:

Well, Cid is only in the very late game. FFT gets much comfier way before that.

I mean, yeah, but I just find it incredibly funny how the game kind of trivializes itself by dropping the most overpowered character on your lap without needing to complete like a sidequest or anything.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
If only it gave you Cid's kid instead.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Looks like 505 is dissolving lab zero and any and all work on indivisible has been permanently shitcanned. Hope the backer character you paid for got in before now!

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Grapplejack posted:

Looks like 505 is dissolving lab zero and any and all work on indivisible has been permanently shitcanned. Hope the backer character you paid for got in before now!

Wasn't lab zero just a name at this point? Most of their staff left didn't they?

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
Lol imagine kickstarting anything beyond the first couple years. I would be ashamed to show my face anywhere for fear of someone knowing.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Should have renamed it to Undissolvable.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Rexicon1 posted:

Lol imagine kickstarting anything beyond the first couple years. I would be ashamed to show my face anywhere for fear of someone knowing.

My own heuristic is that tabletop kickstarters are good while video game kickstarters are very bad and should be avoided at all costs.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Finally... I think I'm gonna get nerve damage from all this mashing lol

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Grapplejack posted:

505 doesn't own Lab Zero so 505 isn't dissolving any company they dont own. Lab Zero could continue to exist as a hollow shell for years, or heck, even recruit a new team (discounting the company's current reputation). Lab Zero's dissolved by its own volition, in the sense that everyone but Mike left, and 505 has nothing to do with it apart from sitting down away from it all and doing nothing. 505 are merely throwing away their remaining obligations to backers and hoping they've distanced themselves enough from the whole Lab Zero thing that backers will not complain too much.

It's worth noting that according to ex-lab zero Brady Hartel, 15 characters had their assets ready so it could be done with a skeleton crew (especially since Mike was still the one in charge of gameplay scripts), 505 and what remains of Lab Zero (ie Mike) are merely deciding to not bother (likely because Mike would want Lab Zero aka him to do it because that still is his job and prerogative, and 505 wouldn't want him to be the one to do it for blindingly obvious PR reasons).

https://twitter.com/BradyHartel/status/1314642393354899456

Chev fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Oct 9, 2020

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaZpmHC3LRg

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Whoa, Bugsnax AND the Pathless were both given the same release date! November 12th. I imagine we'll all be saying "Tired Junk" after that.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I don't know what the pathless is

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

It looks like a BOTW + SOTC mashup from the creators of Abzu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2uAM9ZOUdc

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

LawfulWaffle posted:

This has half your picks
https://youtu.be/CT-UDSFoMYs

Also I’m just now remembering that Jason Voorhees and Michael Myers are, in fact, distinct entities. It seems obvious it retrospect.

Whoa this owns

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Saint Freak posted:

I'm looking at that Empire of Sin game and the characters are a mix of real people from that time in Chicago, fictional people, and John Romero's Grandmother who has mind control powers.

In real-life, Elvira ran multiple brothels in Mexico and would eventually win the lottery, sell her businesses, and use her wealth to support her family and help improve her local community. Brenda Romero told Polygon that after they did more research into the crime lord granny the realized she was even more badass than John thought and they knew she needed to be in the game.

$40 for what I'm assuming will be a much better version of Omerta? I think I'm in on this. John Romero's Grandmother's about to make you her bitch.

Yeah this game looks real interesting, although I do think that creating videogamey versions of real life people can get pretty weird.

Like, "activate Al Capone's special ability" just feels so weird.

ymgve posted:

Most of you are saying Earthbound for the second row E after Yoshi (I did too), but I can't find any art where that E is part of the logo. Also I didn't guess it, but I'm not sure G on row 4 is Mega Man

:doh: I knew it was something NES or SNES but the E threw me off.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Oct 9, 2020

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Woo! First attempt after logging off work for the day, and I beat Dorter City. Feels Good

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Heather is good

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I'm playing Divinity Original Sin and I've restarted three times because I get into the game and realize a much better build that would work much better with early-game gear I've found for sale or the discussion bonuses. Like, I started the game with a thief, but then got rid of him when I realized one of the companions is exactly the thief archetype. But, companions can't get the alignment bonuses, which seem to pretty significantly benefit thieves - you get a free +1 to pickpocketing and sneak (which is pointless because of Invisibility but w/e), plus gear in the Tavern that nets you another +2 pickpocketing. So theoretically, you could start the game with a +4 Pickpocket invisible thief, which is absolutely insane

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Installing Windows on my new computer and I thought there was a thread with useful fresh install software, but I can’t find it. Does anyone know if that thread exists or if I made it up? And while I’m at it, does anyone want to share their must-have software suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
The itch.io desktop app