Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

If you'd have told me at the end of 2012 or in early 2013 that Jeff Gordon and Clint Bowyer would share the broadcast booth for Fox, I'd have thought you were insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
Get Clunt in the booth.

CBJSprague24 posted:

If you'd have told me at the end of 2012 or in early 2013 that Jeff Gordon and Clint Bowyer would share the broadcast booth for Fox, I'd have thought you were insane.

It's all age. Y'all old folks need to get out of serious jobs.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Matty D has the 21 next season, Cindric 2022

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

maffew buildings posted:

Matty D has the 21 next season, Cindric 2022

Supposedly Cindric gets a limited Cup schedule next year, too.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Bowyer, Gordon, Joy will be a good booth I think.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Douchebag posted:

Bowyer, Gordon, Joy will be a good booth I think.

Remove Joy and I agree.

But fox still sucks. So does NBC, but fox still somehow manages to be worse.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

iwentdoodie posted:

Remove Joy and I agree.

Mike Joy is fine, he’s been around forever and knows how to call a race and let a situation breathe when necessary. He’s actually been better since DW left.

NBC has too many people talking all the time. Burton and Letarte need to go I think, let it be Allen and Junior and it’s a solid booth.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Douchebag posted:

Mike Joy is fine, he’s been around forever and knows how to call a race and let a situation breathe when necessary. He’s actually been better since DW left.

NBC has too many people talking all the time. Burton and Letarte need to go I think, let it be Allen and Junior and it’s a solid booth.

This works except Bestwick instead of Allen.

Joy is fine and Bowyer will be ok I think. Gordon is like listening to paint dry.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Ungratek posted:

This works except Bestwick instead of Allen.

Joy is fine and Bowyer will be ok I think. Gordon is like listening to paint dry.

Oh god yes bring back Bestwick, agreed.

Gordon will be much better with Bowyer. They had some pretty good chemistry during the iRacing phase of this year when Bowyer was on a sim in the studio. Gordon alone with Joy was pretty dry at times.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

what the gently caress?

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Jeff Burton is physically painful to listen to.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Hey, at least it isn’t Wahd.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

laughing at all you chumps who don't watch with the tv muted

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

iwentdoodie posted:

Remove Joy and I agree.

Reminder that NBC dispatched the finish of Talladega to cable with no warning less than a week ago.

I'd take FOX seven days a week over NBC. I've never seen a play-by-play person flub as many minor details as Rick Allen, yet they keep going with him. For ESPN's flaws, at least they made a change (twice).

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
10 minutes ago: it isnt wet enough for these wet tires

now: half of our crew has drowned in the infield

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

Turned tho this while watching some football, racing with an inch of water on the track is interesting

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

this fuckin slaps lmao

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Ahh the nascar demo Derby. This race is a poo poo show. Huge puddles and whatnot all over

Well that does it I'm a non cable haver.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

devmd01 posted:

Hey, at least it isn’t Wahd.

Ward Burton is a loving national treasure and the only good Burton.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Reminder that NBC dispatched the finish of Talladega to cable with no warning less than a week ago.

I'd take FOX seven days a week over NBC. I've never seen a play-by-play person flub as many minor details as Rick Allen, yet they keep going with him. For ESPN's flaws, at least they made a change (twice).

I know, and yet I still rate them over Fox. I cant even pin down what it is but their coverage just seems so, so much worse to me and always has. Camera angles, cuts, etc just seem subpar in comparison. NBC coverage sucks with the changes in channels, but I think I'm just used to it at this point since they do it to every drat sport other than NFL and horse abuse.

Edit: that was also the best race of the season in all 3 series.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
NBC is just incompetent.

Fox is malicious, you can thank them for the character "DW"

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

That was "Yakety Sax: The Race" and I loved every minute of it. NASCAR in the wet has been taken to a whole new level.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

The massive puddle in turn 1 was unbelievable. Could not believe they went back green at the end.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Ungratek posted:

The massive puddle in turn 1 was unbelievable. Could not believe they went back green at the end.

Nascar 2020: we all float down here.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

CactusWeasle posted:

Jeff Burton is physically painful to listen to.

:agreed:

iwentdoodie posted:

This is an accurate statement.

CBJSprague24 posted:

That was "Yakety Sax: The Race" and I loved every minute of it. NASCAR in the wet has been taken to a whole new level.

I enjoyed every lap of what I saw of the race. +++++ would watch again.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/CLTMotorSpdwy/status/1315283686363987968

:getin: :unsmigghh:

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

iwentdoodie posted:

Legend: https://twitter.com/wardburtonwbwf/status/1283837375286779907?s=21

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

kyle busch taking another enormous L

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

having an elimination race at this track is an amazing troll

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Methinks we're all going to be excited for all the road courses next year until Chase boat races the field in the final segment each time and we suddenly get bored.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

Methinks we're all going to be excited for all the road courses next year until Chase boat races the field in the final segment each time and we suddenly get bored.

the bell is dawsonville is gonna look like the liberty bell after this

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
Get hosed, Kyle.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

CBJSprague24 posted:

Put Briscoe and dinger in top tier cars for every road course.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Get hosed, Jim Utter.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
That should have been more interesting.

Thanks, Nascar.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

mischief posted:

Thanks, Nascar.

Xfinity is what cup wishes it could be, and no one watches it.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

iwentdoodie posted:

Xfinity is what cup wishes it could be, and no one watches it.

I've watched more Xfinity than Cup this year. Hopefully the 7th gen car can make cup as exciting as its feeder series.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
Xfinity is way more entertaining than cup, usually. Both series have their dominant drivers this year, with Briscoe/Cindric and Harvick/Hamlin standing out, but the racing itself is just more fun to watch in the lower rank.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

mischief posted:

Thanks, Nascar.

Yeah I guess I have to start watching Xfinity as everyone else seems to be suggesting? Normally I'm like way too excited for road course racing but something about this track has a very homemade, backyard, we just made it up and that's what we're going with, vibe. I don't like the track, and that probably clouds my judgement a little bit, but I thought this race was particularly boring. The beginning was interesting with the 13 somehow hitting the setup perfectly and charging to the front and then the wet to slick tire switch out but all that happened so early it just felt like from lap like 50 on you could kind of feel like you knew how it was going to turn out? Maybe I'm crazy but because like 90% of the field had crushed bumpers it seemed like it showcased how unprepared they all were to race in those conditions it was just a sloppy race overall. Combine that with 109 laps I just didn't even care when they got to the last 25 or so laps. Did 109 laps seem like too many to anybody else? When I tuned into the prerace I was thinking in the back of my mind this should be fun, a nice quick 85 laps or so and hopefully most of it will be green. Then I saw 109 laps and honestly by the time they even got to halfway, to me, it felt like any other Kansas 1.5 mile slog race.

To follow up on all the cars with significant damage, I love some rough beat and bang road racing that finishes with cars covered in tape but I'm thinking more like Ambrose and Keselowski at the Glenn for the win not 109 laps of ooops! check up accordion wrecks with a side of slicks on wet pavement loop arounds.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'm actually slightly more interested in Xfinity than I am Cup which is hard to believe given the state of that series just a few years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Allgaier with an all time dumb racing move there