Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silenced Parrot
Dec 20, 2008

My god, it's full of Booze!
So do we know what elements the other countries are yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Vargs posted:

I guarantee that Kaeya and Fischl aren't even missing an eye, they just put it on because they think it looks cool and edgy.
That's already pretty explicit with Fischl, shes a chuuni

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Silenced Parrot posted:

So do we know what elements the other countries are yet?

Inazuma is Electro, Sumeru is Dendro, Fontaine is Hydro, Natlan is Pyro, and Snezhnaya is Cryo.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

This resource issue is a pain in the rear end. Anyone who’s not a carry is sitting at 40 for now. Takes too much money and resources to ascend a full team of 8.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Aw yee, pulled Fischl's first constellation. Holy moly, now I see what all the fuss is about. No more Mondstadt exploration duty for her. Sorry Lisa

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pulled who I wanted (Keqin and Qiqi) on my main acc with no rerolls, AMA.

Anyway, good to be around, got some tips (200k mora from bank, just got to rob it with Beidou) and fun from reading the thread.

My current chars:

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I decided to whale a little and get some currency, enough for two ten pulls. Got an extra Barbara, my first dupe of Chongyun so now he gets a ranged AOE cryo attack at the end of his attack string which is as insane as it sounds, and a Venti! Yay!

But I'm resource starved so Venti won't be leveling for a while.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Even though Oz does actually have a VA, I find it extremely amusing that the voice lines in Fischl's profile that involve her talking to him don't actually have his lines voiced. Very Garfield-Without-Garfield.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
The money income in this game is fine but they really need to do something about xp books. They are way too stingy.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Man how are people 35+ already without going ham on resin burning. I'm like 5000~/6300 into 33 and I've been playing very frequently. I'm a bit behind on oculus (level 8 geo and level 9 ameno) but even then that wouldn't close the gap that much.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Is there a decent guide to rerolling somewhere? I tried it a couple times and it was taking closer to 35 mintues to get AR7. The unskippable cutscenes are murder. By the time I did all the pulls it was closer to 40+ minutes.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Pulled who I wanted (Keqin and Qiqi) on my main acc with no rerolls, AMA.

Anyway, good to be around, got some tips (200k mora from bank, just got to rob it with Beidou) and fun from reading the thread.

My current chars:

I approve of your leveling priorities.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

THE loving MOON posted:

I didn't understand that you could get two 10-pulls out of the beginner banner so I just kind of happened to get lucky with Mona before. A friend of mine pointed out that I hadn't done my second set of beginner banner pulls so I saved up the last couple days and ended up netting Jean off of it. :shepface:

I was already planning on using Xiangling (since I have a 5* spear and nobody to use it yet) and Barbara for the double water synergy and heals. But now that I have Jean, I'm not sure that'll be the right way to go. I feel like that might be going too hard on heals, and I still don't really have a good greatsword on that team.

Xiangling (once you get her) Mona bennet and barbara or jean would wreck.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

So is it generally better to have 2 of one element and 2 of another, or 2 of one element and two unique elements, or all four characters having unique elements?

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Substandard posted:

Is there a decent guide to rerolling somewhere? I tried it a couple times and it was taking closer to 35 mintues to get AR7. The unskippable cutscenes are murder. By the time I did all the pulls it was closer to 40+ minutes.

https://youtu.be/Ivy9FpXcIEM

Hellioning posted:

So is it generally better to have 2 of one element and 2 of another, or 2 of one element and two unique elements, or all four characters having unique elements?

Depends what reactions you want and what passives you want. Fire is just generally very strong because it's just 25% increased dmg for the whole team. You can look ingame at the various bonuses.

Generally though 2x one and two other elements for reactions you want/like is probably standard.

For overworked stuff I just use whoever I feel like playing and 2x wind users for the movement/stamina buff

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Oct 10, 2020

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Hellioning posted:

There's merits to all three. On top of the specific bonuses for team comp, having two of the same element also means faster charging bursts.

It's kind of like this:
  • 2/2 - More frequent bursts and 2 element bonuses, but most limited access to combos
  • 1/1/1/1 - Widest access to combos and team resistance, but slower burst charge
  • 2/1/1 - In between, but only 1 element bonus

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Tabletops posted:

Xiangling (once you get her) Mona bennet and barbara or jean would wreck.

Thanks, I hadn't really thought of using bennet yet. Ive still got a bit to go before I get Xiangling so maybe I'll try him out for a bit

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Anyone know of some videos with people using a caster (Sucrose, Barbara, Lisa, whatever) as their primary character for most things? I don't mean that one video showing Barbara rocking the pyro flower, I mean the main character for going around farming chests or being the primary DPS in Abyss. I just want to get an idea of how effective they can be since they don't attack with neutral damage and with as much as control as a melee or bow user has.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

nessin posted:

Anyone know of some videos with people using a caster (Sucrose, Barbara, Lisa, whatever) as their primary character for most things? I don't mean that one video showing Barbara rocking the pyro flower, I mean the main character for going around farming chests or being the primary DPS in Abyss. I just want to get an idea of how effective they can be since they don't attack with neutral damage and with as much as control as a melee or bow user has.

Don't know much about her, but apparently Ningguang is the most DPS oriented catalyst user (apart from the unavailable Klee). She's geo, so that might actually work out in her favor not often running into immune enemies. Here's the first result I found on YT

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

gandlethorpe posted:

Don't know much about her, but apparently Ningguang is the most DPS oriented catalyst user (apart from the unavailable Klee). She's geo, so that might actually work out in her favor not often running into immune enemies. Here's the first result I found on YT

Nothing is geo immune. Geo slimes + mages + bosses are actually extra vulnerable to geo (for breaking their shields or constructs) instead of being immune like every other element.
The downside is that you can't take advantage of elemental reactions to do damage.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Nothing is geo immune. Geo slimes + mages + bosses are actually extra vulnerable to geo (for breaking their shields or constructs) instead of being immune like every other element.

you sure

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I hear Mona is also very good. She has the big hydro caster advantage of her attacks basically being 100% accuracy because she spawns blasts on the target instead of throwing projectiles. Barbara also has this quirk but Mona has an actually usable base attack value since she's designed as a damage dealer.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

gandlethorpe posted:

mona's dps is very legit

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Ningguang's been tempting for me but I can't find a good book for her. Low base attack as well.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

I've been putzing around with Ningguang on the overworld and her damage seems pretty legit even without having amazing gear. Not being able to take advantage of element reactions will definitely mean she has less burst potential though, but she's pretty good for regular questing i feel

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Ninguang's EB is up so often that reactions don't matter as much, just shoot that poo poo

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I rolled ningguang on like my second pull ever.
I thought she was the coolest looking character before I played too.

But I spent 15 minutes playing with her auto-aim spell attack and getting frustrated when it didn't lock on to an enemy that was slightly too far or whatever and gave up on her.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I love how this game can make the most minor throwaway characters memorable. Like the guy tragically paralyzed (in fear) by wolves.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I hear Mona is also very good. She has the big hydro caster advantage of her attacks basically being 100% accuracy because she spawns blasts on the target instead of throwing projectiles. Barbara also has this quirk but Mona has an actually usable base attack value since she's designed as a damage dealer.

I've had no trouble at all breezing through most encounters with Mona on her own. Her big splashy normals, r2, and her sprint make it easy to just kind of hit everything while dodging around. Her ultimate is great too it applies omens that pop and do extra damage on anything effected. It's also apparently not as strong as it's supposed to be, since they're buffing her ult tomorrow.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The entire southwest part of the map with the peaks and that city is loving gorgeous holy poo poo this game's pretty

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Man how are people 35+ already without going ham on resin burning. I'm like 5000~/6300 into 33 and I've been playing very frequently. I'm a bit behind on oculus (level 8 geo and level 9 ameno) but even then that wouldn't close the gap that much.

I mean, the answer is they're going ham on resin refreshing. There might be barely enough to scrape by to 35 now between getting all of the oculii and a few puzzles you may have missed, but if someone's pushing 40 they're whaling resin hard. You get a bunch of adventurer EXP per day from the comissions, so higher adventure rank will just happen over time, but there hasn't been enough time yet.

Also I just now saw the threads on the subreddit and drat, even the chinese players are mad about the bad rates and resin. Gave me way more hope that they might actually adjust the pity system or loosen up the resin income in some way if even the chinese players are mad. Really didn't expect to see that, usually SA is way more down on any given game than the subreddit is.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
if you've been playing since launch you can be 38 without paying any money at all

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

drat, Boreas was a tough, but satisfying fight! Especially satisfying since I got this:

Nice way to start off my AR30s, and hopefully a taste of what's to come.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Venti's burst is some absurd nonsense and it's great. Love fighting an eye of the storm wind boss that's immune to anemo and still watching the ult chunk a decent amount of HP because I had a panda spew some fire into it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I learned not to put Chongyun in a lightning comp. He converts your attacks to cryo so they no longer benefit from superconduct. Whoops.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

No Wave posted:

I learned not to put Chongyun in a lightning comp. He converts your attacks to cryo so they no longer benefit from superconduct. Whoops.

yeah i've generally stopped using him ever since i got keqing for this exact reason. it's a pretty major downside on an otherwise really solid character.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I can run him with my fire team instead so it's not a total loss. Fishl and Keqing were my strongest characters so I was hoping to split them up but I guess they'll get to stay together.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Heran Bago posted:

Unrelated, there is a neat and obvious hole in the water layer you can use to walk along the ocean floor to get to the north-east island that's not on the map without using cryo. I would link to a video but they're insufferable.

Found one of those around the cliff north of the starting beach, it was neat.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
If anyone's curious, this seems to be the ATK forumla:

quote:

ATK = (Base ATK * ATK%) + Flat ATK

* Base ATK = Character Base + Weapon Base. This value is already summed together in your character details base attack value.
* ATK% is additive of all sources of ATK% across all gear and set bonuses.

Tested it with two of my characters and it seems accurate. Does make me consider that Flat ATK as a substat now is not very attractive as you're receiving most of the contribution to it from your Feather, and it's not scaled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

AegisP posted:

If anyone's curious, this seems to be the ATK forumla:

Tested it with two of my characters and it seems accurate. Does make me consider that Flat ATK as a substat now is not very attractive as you're receiving most of the contribution to it from your Feather, and it's not scaled.

There are lots of other multipliers that apply after this formula as well, such as +% elemental/physical damage, or +% normal attack damage from the gladiator set. And crits of course.