Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which season should the next animated reconstruction be from?
This poll is closed.
Season 1 (Marco Polo) 13 18.57%
Season 2 (The Crusade) 1 1.43%
Season 3 (Galaxy 4/The Myth Makers/The Daleks' Master Plan/The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve/The Celestial Toymaker/The Savages) 25 35.71%
Season 4 (The Smugglers/The Highlanders/The Underwater Menace/The Evil of the Daleks) 16 22.86%
Season 5 (The Abominable Snowmen/The Web of Fear/The Wheel in Space) 11 15.71%
Season 6 (The Space Pirates) 4 5.71%
Total: 70 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
The Dalek's deadly Gene-Ticks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Bicyclops posted:

I picture like... Myst series puzzle solving in between some solid stealth mechanics and lots of running and dodging, but no traditional combat. Maybe there's a leveling tree that does things like powers up the sonic to reveal more secrets or helps with hiding, and you can collect things, Arkham style, that talk about the Who rogues gallery. A multi-Doctor story with as many as are willing lending their voices, you're a one-off companion, they list the chapters as episodes with cliffhangers, I don't know, I have lots of ideas, BBC, please consider it.

I'd like a Monkey Island style point-and-click myself. That'd be fun and fits the Doctor well.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/DoctorWho_BBCA/status/1314266165305397248?s=20

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Counting an unknown number of days?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Sometime within the next 70 days

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Edward Mass posted:

Counting an unknown number of days?

The hashes represent the number of "X of the Daleks" stories over the entire canon, including the newly revealed pre-Hartnell Doctors.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Give us an airdate or I'll..... just.... just give us an airdate :negative:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
New Year’s Day is probably a good bet. Maybe Christmas, if they need to fill up the schedule.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
BBC
AMEF
RICA

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/Scott1Gray/status/1314560676300558337?s=20

FYI, "The Eleventh Hour" was a DECADE ago

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

That can't be true, look right there, Karen Gillan hasn't aged a day.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 days!
Didn't Caitlin and Karen discover they were related somehow, during the making of that episode?

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Didn't Caitlin and Karen discover they were related somehow, during the making of that episode?

They are like second cousins or something, and I believe they already knew, but they hadn’t actually met until Doctor Who.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Yep, no idea they were cousins until they were talking on set

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

No, they knew they were cousins; that's how they cast her. Producers couldn't find anyone with the right looks and accent, and they finally gave up and asked Karen if she had any younger sisters. She mentioned that she had a cousin who was about the right age, and they yelled "Get her in here!". But Karen and Caitlin hadn't actually met in person until the read-thru for the ep.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Doctor Who feels like that because they film like one episode every five years these days.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

Doctor Who feels like that because they film like one episode every five years these days.

Next episode should be out in another five minutes.

And then, cue the years of therapy and people insisting that there never was any such program as Doctor Who.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Last prison was for a few billion years.
Those ticks better be millennias.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

She's actually registering all of her visits to the Confessional Priest, because she keeps forgetting what she told it otherwise :thunk:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I did not consent to this passage of time

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Burkion posted:

Big mood:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Burkion posted:

Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly. In the right order...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Astroman posted:

Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly. In the right order...

Welcome to March 223rd, 2020.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The_Doctor posted:

Welcome to March 223rd, 2020.

Oh good it's not just me that feels that way

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Vinylshadow posted:

Oh good it's not just me that feels that way

Every month this year has been its own decade.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/1314950063047622657?s=20

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
That sure looks low-budget. I hope it's good in other ways.

EDIT: I mean, budget isn't everything, but for the particular style they're aiming for, they probably needed a beefier one.

EDIT 2: I do appreciate how they added the Mechanoids as an enemy of the Daleks though, lol.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Geneticists of the daleks

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

I feel so terrible saying this but as long as chibnell's at the helm I don't care.

I mean I'm watching it anyway, but still.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Chokes McGee posted:

I feel so terrible saying this but as long as chibnell's at the helm I don't care.

Same.

quote:

I'm going to have to seriously consider it. I've never missed a Dalek episode but...

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I'm of the mindset of "watch it and judge it for yourself instead of listening to the internet say it's bad"

Plus, it's easier to understand arguments when you know the material being discussed, unlike 93.4% of the people bitching about it

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I largely agree with that- I gave up on the last season well before the last episode bombed for most.

Last time the best episode of the previous season was the Dalek special, maybe lightning will strike twice.

Voting Floater
May 19, 2019

I'm expecting it to just be another modestly competent 60ish minutes of Doctor Who in the same vein as the rest of the Chibnall era. The meagre details we've been given so far make it sound like the Doctor's stuck in a cell for most of it while the companions get on with the plot. I suppose we could hope Jack might turn up in it too I guess?

The cast said in the Comic-Con panel that they haven't started filming the next series yet because of covid, so make the most of this because it could be a long while before we get more new episodes.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The animation kind of looked cheap but okay at first, but the longer that video went the worse it looked.

Voting Floater posted:

The cast said in the Comic-Con panel that they haven't started filming the next series yet because of covid, so make the most of this because it could be a long while before we get more new episodes.

Okay, NOW this whole COVID situation has FINALLY gone too far :mad:

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Chokes McGee posted:

Geneticists of the daleks
Jenga of the Daleks.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

Chokes McGee posted:

I would be happy even if they went the "just a dream!" route, and have Ryan waking her up and then she steps in and helps him learn to ride his bike like she drat well should have in that first episode...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

SecretOfSteel posted:

I would be happy even if they went the "just a dream!" route, and have Ryan waking her up and then she steps in and helps him learn to ride his bike like she drat well should have in that first episode...

End of the next season is the Doctor waking up to discover that she's been in the Matrix all this time.

Since The Deadly Assassin.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Narsham posted:

End of the next season is the Doctor waking up to discover that she's been in the Matrix all this time.

Since The Deadly Assassin.

I will accept this scenario but only if it's Trial of a Timelord.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SecretOfSteel posted:

I love her current outfit but man she absolutely rocked Capaldi's old outfit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jerusalem posted:

I love her current outfit but man she absolutely rocked Capaldi's old outfit.

Her current outfit fits her fine but it's also very...

Honestly it's the problem I have with the character. She's very soft. Which, the Doctor can be and should be soft, but it's very always always soft. She has almost no rough edges. No serious bouts of anger. No righteous indignation.

She's just really nice and sweet and I'd like to see her get very vindictive at some point. Its kind of tied to that lack of agency thing, I think. She doesn't get to do stuff really. The Doctor's not like an angry character, usually, but even the Fifth Doctor got to be pissed off. She mostly comes across, at her worst, as mildly crossed.