Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Spooky Halloween Outfit Ideas
This poll is closed.
The guy from Hades 37 7.76%
The priest from Faith 22 4.61%
A Corpse from Microsoft's Graveyard 27 5.66%
The Ouya 62 13.00%
Google Stadia (scariest option) 73 15.30%
Mr. Mosquito 31 6.50%
Did someone say Bowsette? BECAUSE I AM PRETTY SURE I HEARD SOMEONE SAY BOWSETTE 122 25.58%
Wario (nude) 62 13.00%
Wario (formal) 33 6.92%
Captain N 8 1.68%
Total: 304 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Relax Or DIE posted:

'vote in the poll' square should require posters to disclose why they, disgustingly, voted for nude wario over formal wario

I don't remember who I voted for anymore, can mods see that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
don't think so

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Formal Wario and Nude Wario are the same

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I think I'm going to restart Hades. I mostly played it in early access and blew through all of the dialogue (not all of which was actually in the game) so it feels like I've missed out on a lot of the experience.

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Crash 4 is really good guys

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

bovis posted:

My boys loved the Nsane collection and they will be so excited when they find out we have it.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Is Hades a voiced game? Because the way anglophones say "hades" and actually most ancient greek words is insanely weird to my ears.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

goblin week posted:

Is Hades a voiced game? Because the way anglophones say "hades" and actually most ancient greek words is insanely weird to my ears.

yes

haders gonna hade

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

bovis posted:

It's really, really good yes.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Khanstant posted:

so Amazon's other game is about being an open RPG or MMO person in "colonial America" but with some kind of horror or fantasy elements? idk man, just from the sound of it I don't really wanna roleplay as a loving pilgrim you know, gently caress those guys

Didn't Greedfall have this setting too?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/KinoFabino/status/1314220254545862657?s=20

Barudak
May 7, 2007

As a general reminder buy Pikmin 3, its a real good game and RIP the unnanounced Pikmin thing from last year Covid must have just murdered you.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Two games in a row now I've refunded on Steam. Squadrons just wasn't what I was looking for, and Mike Bithell's Solitaire was a real disappointment after his last few short stories. A bad idea, poorly executed with beautiful production values.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Star Citizen would like to remind you that it still existsis an investment scam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSXDOQPR29E

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

just when I thought I was out....they pull me back in

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

After nearly three years I finally beat BotW. I kept starting/stopping it because there comes a point where you've got all the tools for overworld traversal and combat isn't hard. At that point, it's a rote experience of wandering without any challenge and hoping you stumble into something new and cool. And the last sprint I had a year ago ended with three combat shrines in a row, causing me to stop playing.

I pushed through to the last section of the map I hadn't done and was greeted with the opportunity for... more world traversal via side quests, which was boring, and actual new content which was nice and managed to keep me playing. Hyrule Castle itself was great and well designed, but I understand why most of the game couldn't be like that.

Overall it's hard to place why I liked BotW less than some other open-world games but it's still good. It just burnt out after a point and was difficult to finish because of it.

Now I'm 100% ready for BotW: Hyper Anime Edition ft. Musou Mechanics.

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.
The lowest opinion I ever had of botw was right after I beat it, because of the burnout and underwhelming final boss. But I've since come around to it a lot more, especially looking back on my first 20ish hours. I wonder if that's a common trajectory for people to take, I feel like I've seen it a few times

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
even as a botw lover the last boss is a real wet fart, yeah. it probably helps that I did it in the middle of my time with it, it would have been a way worse place to end on

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The castle and boss gauntlet were the only good parts

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The fight is more fun on master mode with the regenerating health (that doesn't change anything with the final phase on the horse though)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

A Bag of Milk posted:

The lowest opinion I ever had of botw was right after I beat it, because of the burnout and underwhelming final boss. But I've since come around to it a lot more, especially looking back on my first 20ish hours. I wonder if that's a common trajectory for people to take, I feel like I've seen it a few times

I went to the boss immediately after getting off the tutorial island. Getting up the castle using little tricks and severe angles to avoid getting blasted by robo lasers was just fun, and occasionally I'd slip into some crack and end up inside the castle, but mostly scaled the outside. I get to the boss door and give him a couple honest tries, but I'm super limited by how much food and arrows and weapons I have on me at that stage of the game. I was getting real close to beating him, felt like I just needed maybe another apple and something else to hit him with once all my weapons broke.

When I died again, I left to go get some more food and a couple more weapons and arrows... but then I was like "I won't enjoy the rest of the game world if I just kick his rear end now on the first day I got the game." So I left and did most of the rest of the game, came back, and realized the initial fight was the most fun that boss fight ever could have been. They actually punish you for playing the game by making an easy boss completely trivial, I'm not sure it's possible to lose in the final fight once you have some dungeons and poo poo under your belt.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I liked BotW all up through beating the last shrine. Only part I particularly didn't like was the stealth bit until I realized I was being stupid and could actually toss the bananas instead of setting them.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Banana dungeon was one of the only parts i liked cause it was like themed and had character and unique stuff

The castle is great too.

Final phase of final boss not having any AI tho was really lazy of them

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Honestly if you haven't played Master Mode in BotW, it's a lot of fun and worth a revisit. I played it on my first playthrough and the way it turned all of the trash mob encounters you would normally sleepwalk through into Metal Gear puzzle fights was really cool

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The master mode in BOTW sucks and just makes it into a loving slog.

It's the worst way to increase the difficulty in a game

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Honestly if you haven't played Master Mode in BotW, it's a lot of fun and worth a revisit. I played it on my first playthrough and the way it turned all of the trash mob encounters you would normally sleepwalk through into Metal Gear puzzle fights was really cool

I was kind of enjoying it, but it's kind of a BS difficulty in places, but still totally manageable with good food or just by playing in a much safer way. Often you just want to avoid encounters with standard mobs out in the field because it might cost you more resources than you get back out of it. The real problem was the Master Mode version of the cool mega-dungeon thing they added in DLC. There are one or two floors there that you simply cannot beat except by an insanely specific sequence of events, using certain hoarded tools from prior floors. Just goes from a holy poo poo this is actually p hard challenge to a "completely impossible" room that is just an unfun barrier.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

botw suffers too much from leaning on punishment rather than reward and not in a satisfying way

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

'vote in the poll' square should require posters to disclose why they, disgustingly, voted for nude wario over formal wario

This entire thing has been a Honeypot and all bowsette voters are getting sent to jail

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The stamina donut is a crime and i intend to put away its creator for a long time

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

A Bag of Milk posted:

From all the conversations I've had and seen about it (even on this page of posts), it seems pretty common. It's a rare game that does a lot of new stuff, and that's bound to create non-uniform opinions.

I'm incredibly curious how BotW 2 will turn out, because a sequel will have to hone one of the many edges BotW 1 has while perhaps removing focus from others. There's so many edges to choose from that I have no idea what the end product will be.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Eyeballing the PC Games Pass and it looks good. There are several games I just added to my Steam wishlist that would be included, not to mention the multiplayer things that I can now enjoy on game night. I have some questions though. Do games ever get cycled out of it? And things that are labeled “game previews” (World of Horror is listed like that) just demos?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

game preview is microsoft for early access

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

LawfulWaffle posted:

Eyeballing the PC Games Pass and it looks good. There are several games I just added to my Steam wishlist that would be included, not to mention the multiplayer things that I can now enjoy on game night. I have some questions though. Do games ever get cycled out of it? And things that are labeled “game previews” (World of Horror is listed like that) just demos?

Games do get cycled off Gamepass, but you get a month's notice and the only real notable title I've ever noticed leaving was Prey. As far as I know all of MS' own studios are up there permanently.

Katty!
Aug 26, 2015

Chillin'

finished persona 4 golden. it was good; looking forward to playing both the shin megami tensei nocturne remaster & 5 where there will hopefully be no swimsuit contests

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Thanks. I canceled my Apple Arcade sub because it’s been pretty disappointing after launch and I spend my phone time on the forums, not playing games. I’m a little apprehensive about another sub but it is an incredible value that only continues to grow

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

exquisite tea posted:

Games do get cycled off Gamepass, but you get a month's notice and the only real notable title I've ever noticed leaving was Prey. As far as I know all of MS' own studios are up there permanently.

Only a dozen or so have rotated off since I've been on it, it seems less a rotation and more "the license to do this is up". They give a discount if you want to buy the game too.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

all subs are bad and game pass makes you use a launcher so bad it can create unremovable files

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Stux posted:

all subs are bad and game pass makes you use a launcher so bad it can create unremovable files

I got around that by loving with some admin settings, but you are correct that the launcher is Very Bad

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

its insane to me thaht steam is so awful but as soon as you use anyone elses launcher it looks like it was designed by geniuses in comparison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Yeah having to deal with MS' launcher isn't worth the value of the games themselves (there's some good stuff, but most are things people will have gotten in sales already, or MS Studios games which no one wants).