Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Agile Vector posted:

stop researching candle tech trees

thanks but i think i'll try this pylon thing that roosevelt mentioned first

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Patrolling the Yosjame makes me wish for a portable printer.

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
as someone who suffers from social anxiety and loses the ability to hold a conversation when it properly kicks in, I sometimes wish real life had dialogue prompts like this

the weird thing is, with my best mates, it sort of does

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

toiletbrush posted:

as someone who suffers from social anxiety and loses the ability to hold a conversation when it properly kicks in, I sometimes wish real life had dialogue prompts like this

the weird thing is, with my best mates, it sort of does

I just wish it showed difficulty thresholds?

:shrug:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
one nice thing about nv is the thresholds, and that those checks aren’t random rolls just pass/fail

finally got to boone in my playthrough. i don’t really want to do repconn to move the main story marker ahead so i’ll just gently caress around for a while. i think there’s nothing stopping me from going to nv proper and running the tables to buy cyberware

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://twitter.com/AAAAAGGHHHH/status/1314744587110367233

(sound)

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

me irl

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Uptime Sinclair posted:

one nice thing about nv is the thresholds, and that those checks aren’t random rolls just pass/fail

finally got to boone in my playthrough. i don’t really want to do repconn to move the main story marker ahead so i’ll just gently caress around for a while. i think there’s nothing stopping me from going to nv proper and running the tables to buy cyberware
fyi you can just break into manny vargas’s room and read his terminal to move the main quest along

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

fyi you can just break into manny vargas’s room and read his terminal to move the main quest along
i’ll try that, i do not remember particularly enjoying repconn as a sneak sniper first time around. trying to do things i missed on first playthrough rather than retreading old ground

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

sneaky sniper is often a bad time in tight corridors and small rooms yeah. if you’re more of a gunslinger this time it’ll be better. that mission is kinda annoying for any character though, lots of running around and fetching poo poo

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

welp days gone is repetitive and boring. psnow saves the day once again

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Uptime Sinclair posted:

welp days gone is repetitive and boring. psnow saves the day once again

its long as hell too!

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

full disclosure, i actually liked days gone and quite enjoyed it

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

full disclosure, i actually liked days gone and quite enjoyed it
it feels like once you’ve played it for one hour you’ve seen basically all of the hours, and i looked at reviews to see if that’s true and yeop

if you like the hour, power to you. not my thing. i’d rather try to make some more headway in metro exodus or else play new vegas while high as hell

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

if you only play for an hour you miss the plot getting really stupid

you also miss having to drive somewhere far for a mission only to discover the "mission" is a 20 second cutscene

it's repetitive and too long with a weak plot but i felt it did attempt some interesting things that didn't always entirely work out. i'm hoping there will be a sequel that tightens things up and improves them

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

if you only play for an hour you miss the plot getting really stupid

you also miss having to drive somewhere far for a mission only to discover the "mission" is a 20 second cutscene

it's repetitive and too long with a weak plot but i felt it did attempt some interesting things that didn't always entirely work out. i'm hoping there will be a sequel that tightens things up and improves them
it sold well enough for an exclusive so it might get one. also apparently it’s by the syphon filter studio wow there’s a blast from the past

i might have stuck with it if it had a strong plot but wasn’t going to happen given it’s a zombie/ghoul game

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
outer wilds good if occasionally infuriating

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Why the gently caress does PAM only find coursers in god drat Nuka World? And could the fucksticks on Finch Farm maybe defend themselves?

I already beat the main plot (I think) and now I'm just trying to get as many cheevos as reasonable for my character BUTT MAN, while doing whatever missions might pop up, and it's still sort of fun. Can't wait for it all to be over though, so I can start up with a new character who'll side with another faction.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

jerry this thread is about video games

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Why the gently caress does PAM only find coursers in god drat Nuka World? And could the fucksticks on Finch Farm maybe defend themselves?

I already beat the main plot (I think) and now I'm just trying to get as many cheevos as reasonable for my character BUTT MAN, while doing whatever missions might pop up, and it's still sort of fun. Can't wait for it all to be over though, so I can start up with a new character who'll side with another faction.
i remember getting a bug with pam that made it so i couldn’t get ballistic fiber. fun times

i wanted to like nuka world more than i actually did

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

ive been tempted to do a new fo4 playthrough with a melee guy since there’s that perk that pets you teleport around in vats

hasn’t been quite long enough since last time i guess

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Uptime Sinclair posted:

i remember getting a bug with pam that made it so i couldn’t get ballistic fiber. fun times

i wanted to like nuka world more than i actually did

I haven't used ballistic fibre on anything, since BUTT MAN became the SILVER SHROUD long before that point, and is still the SILVER SHROUD. Sometimes if I feel like they need more protection they'll go pick up the flying tank suit. But the upgraded SILVER SHROUD is pretty drat tough as it is.

I've only been to Nuka World to kill loving coursers so I don't really know what to say about it, except that listening to Nuka Radio is impossible while exploring is a bad time.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
again, the worst failure of that game is that the "speak as the shroud" dialog option goes away outside that mission

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ballistic fibre is when u eat celery but also taco bell.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

haveblue posted:

again, the worst failure of that game is that the "speak as the shroud" dialog option goes away outside that mission

Wait there HAS to be a mod for this?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

i don’t think i messed around with silver shroud that much, i think that would work with teleport punch man well enough

ballistic fibre is nice in that at mk5 or w/e it makes most clothes almost as tough as the strongest poo poo available otherwise

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the strength 10 perk (pain train?) is funny as hell but pretty situational, also power armour is more annoying than useful a lot of the time

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Uptime Sinclair posted:

also apparently it’s by the syphon filter studio wow there’s a blast from the past

yeah they confirmed they're both in the same universe, and they are both possibly directly related

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

the strength 10 perk (pain train?) is funny as hell but pretty situational, also power armour is more annoying than useful a lot of the time

It's great (to get) on rooftops when you have the jetpack. You can skip a lot of tedious elevatoring by just flying up and falling down.

But if you're going to be using the waterways, then, uggh.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

on my completionist playthrough it’s kind of fun to just have like a dozen frames sitting around and all my friends in power armor picking corn like loving pie-faced idiots

other than that i’ve never really used it because: stealth sniper

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Uptime Sinclair posted:

on my completionist playthrough it’s kind of fun to just have like a dozen frames sitting around and all my friends in power armor picking corn like loving pie-faced idiots

other than that i’ve never really used it because: stealth sniper

You can totally stealth snipe in power armour.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

3D Megadoodoo posted:

You can totally stealth snipe in power armour.
i mean, yeah, but the power armor doesn’t really contribute to the stealth snipe either

i did use power armor all through far harbor as it felt more appropriate in most of that setting compared to like 25% of the main map

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

it occurs to me i’ve never done a fo4 survival run. wouldn’t that be a fun way to try teleport puncher

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i will give fo4 this: survival mode actually has interesting mechanics, compared to hardcore mode in new vegas which was basically just two layers of busywork

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Uptime Sinclair posted:

i mean, yeah, but the power armor doesn’t really contribute to the stealth snipe either

Except if you have power armour that gives you more action points or gives you stealth. You can do all sorts of poo poo with it.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

dang, this all makes me want to try a fallout but i strongly suspect I’d suck at it and ultimately not have fun.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

also my son keeps telling me about siren head and I’m kinda spooked

:spooky:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
You gotta be in a really specific mindset to enjoy fallout 4 and I've never been able to keep it up long enough for a full playthrough