Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saucy_Rodent
Oct 24, 2018

by Pragmatica

lofi posted:

Sure, count me in. Is suicide-forest japan taken yet? :haw:

It isn't. Your forest, however, is the underwater ghost forest in Kaindy Lake in Kazakhstan.

https://www.discovery.com/exploration/Kaindy-Lake-Ghostly-Underwater-Forest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saucy_Rodent
Oct 24, 2018

by Pragmatica
Signups closed. Good luck!

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Inspired by Lake Kaindy, which has a literal loving undead forest in it. People go ice fishing on the fucker, which seems like a terrible plan to me.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Well I was going to get this done over the weekend but it would seem somebody clicked a bad link at work and now I get to spend the entire weekend cleaning up the ensuing mess instead. Huzzah! :toot:

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

I have a question on medium. Can I do something non-illustrative like collage or computer art? I want to get more into a visual art practice, but I'm not a drawer.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Someone in Seb’s thread pointed out that they’d like to see more variety in mediums submitted to Artdome and I totally support this. It’s already kind of a rule but just to make it explicit non-standard mediums like woodcuts, sculptures, etc are acceptable submissions unless the prompt specifies otherwise.

Also, prompts that specifically ask for different mediums (for example, making something out of clay) would also be rad so maybe consider that when making future prompts. Just be aware that if you want noobs to the medium in question to participate you may need to walk them through the basics of the process and recommend some basic supplies to get started.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

TVsVeryOwn posted:

I have a question on medium. Can I do something non-illustrative like collage or computer art? I want to get more into a visual art practice, but I'm not a drawer.

I did a collage for the last one, and do fiber/thread art in general so there's precedence. If judges don't like it, you can always just pull on your beret and claim they just don't like... get it, maaaaan.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

I am going to miss my entry for sure. I underestimated my commitments this week :(

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
drawn in ink then colored on the computer.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
Delurking momentarily to say that fuckin' ooooowns

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Did most of the "inking" with the pen tool, and then added color with various brushes. I'm fairly happy with the result!

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Oct 4, 2020

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

I'm standing down because I've spent most of the week and weekend being sad and unmotivated

Saucy_Rodent
Oct 24, 2018

by Pragmatica

readingatwork posted:

Well I was going to get this done over the weekend but it would seem somebody clicked a bad link at work and now I get to spend the entire weekend cleaning up the ensuing mess instead. Huzzah! :toot:

Go for it. We'd love to see anything you make.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
I'm unexpectedly heading out of town until late tonight so I gotta drop out too, sorry :(

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Sitting Here posted:

drawn in ink then colored on the computer.

This is fantastic.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
Thank you, friends!

I'd love to see more entries roll in. This is a cool prompt.

Saucy_Rodent
Oct 24, 2018

by Pragmatica
I'm extending the deadline to Wednesday for all the busy and understandable lovely-feeling folks.

Art is good, and I want to see more of it.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
Thank you, I'm working on finishing touches and didn't want to have to rush!

Saucy_Rodent
Oct 24, 2018

by Pragmatica
If you've already submitted, you may re-submit before wednesday.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Really tasty entries this round! :)

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

God dammit. Wednesday already? Ughhh. I had an idea and then... time. Is it by midnight tonight or last night?

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
I actually finished penciling mine last night. Hopefully I get home at a reasonable time so I can at least ink it.

Saucy_Rodent
Oct 24, 2018

by Pragmatica

sigma 6 posted:

God dammit. Wednesday already? Ughhh. I had an idea and then... time. Is it by midnight tonight or last night?

Tonight

Saucy_Rodent
Oct 24, 2018

by Pragmatica
Do it do it do it

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

the door for you
Digital Painting based of the Hallerbos (Blue Forest), of Halle, Belgium.

While this wasn't my first digital painting, this one really challenged me to check out more tutorials, and I learned alot about the medium. I'm pretty happy with the result, but excited to do more.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Weekend got completely boned so this ended up being kind of a quickie but whatevs.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

What forest?

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
She ain't finished, but I'm pleased with what I did get done.

Monterey Kelp forest, because every forest on the west coast should have at least one sasquach.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Ugggghhhh.... spoopy,

readingatwork posted:

Weekend got completely boned so this ended up being kind of a quickie but whatevs.

I :love: this

sigma 6 fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Oct 8, 2020

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

TVsVeryOwn posted:

What forest?

there seems to be a mystery as to how those trees got that way so I wanted to answer that with my entry

I ran out of time and really rushed it but I still like the general idea

Saucy_Rodent
Oct 24, 2018

by Pragmatica
These have all been received. Thank you.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

the door for you

there wolf posted:

She ain't finished, but I'm pleased with what I did get done.

Monterey Kelp forest, because every forest on the west coast should have at least one sasquach.

This is super cool! I hope you'll post more of it as you continue!

Saucy_Rodent
Oct 24, 2018

by Pragmatica
MAGIC FOREST RESULTS

Jesus fuckin poo poo, you guys. So cool, everyone.

From fiance:

You guys did not make this easy for me. There were tears. I cannot wait to see more art from every loving one of you.

It has been my honor that so many talented artists with creative ideas participated.

The winner is lofi It blew my mind. This looks like a great panel from a webtoon. The idea is clear; I can see the whole story. Great concept, great execution.

More detailed crits to come!

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

gently caress yeah! Thanks, and I agree, all the entries were amazing!

I'll have a think on what to make the next challenge tonight, and get something up tomorrow or tuesday!

e: Right. :siren:Artdome XXXIV - The Room (But Not That The Room):siren:

I've just moved house, so the space I live in is on my mind at the moment. So what I want from everyone is a room. But not just a box, I want a room with character. In fact, your job is to design a room to tell me as much as you can about a character who isn't there. I don't want figures, just their spaces.

Think:

Mike Nelson's installations

or maybe

Dumbledore's Office

or

The inside of Buckingham Palace

Stuff to consider:
- Who is your character? What do they do, what are they like?
- Would their space be messy or neat?
- How big is their space?
- Did they put effort into making the space theirs, or did it get that way by accident?
- Do they have opulent custom-made furniture, or is it scavenged and battered?
- What colours would suit this world/setting/character?
- What angle/format can you best show the room from?
- Do they own the space, or is it squatted? Is it permanent or temporary? Do they have to share the space?

Your character can be anyone/thing you want, but you're only allowed to tell me about them through the space they occupy. A dragon's lair, A stranded astronaut's ship, an office drone's cubicle, a crazy cat lady's apartment, whatever. Judging is on how interesting your idea is and how much you can tell me about your character as well as on skill in execution. Any medium goes, 2D or 3D (or more, if you're super fancy).

You've got till 23/10 so we can try to fit a spooky halloween thing in next!

lofi fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Oct 11, 2020

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
in!

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

In! I got a shoebox, imma make a diorama.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

I'm in! I had so much fun getting back into art, I wanna keep it going.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

TVsVeryOwn posted:

In! I got a shoebox, imma make a diorama.

Yes!! I was hoping someone'd do 3D! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

In! Now just to figure out a character...