Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Splicer posted:

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland City

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Let's not be ambitious and assume that name will endure for as long as it takes to reprint the signage.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The United City of London and City of London.

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

See? So much simpler and streamlined. Mexico and Guatemala know where it’s at.

There’s a Belize city, but it’s not even the capital! For shame.

There’s a Benin City, but it’s in Nigeria. Benin be like “excuse me sir you have my capital”

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Never been to Kansas City, Missouri, huh?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Captain Monkey posted:

Never been to Kansas City, Missouri, huh?

gently caress no.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Biplane posted:

gently caress no.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Data Graham posted:

Washington is cancelled

Welcome to America City

Take me down to America City
Where the grass is green and the pols are lovely

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Biplane posted:

gently caress no.

The funny thing is Kansas City, Missouri is a much, much nicer place than Kansas City, Kansas.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/HotTankie/status/1314976301669855233?s=20

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Skwirl posted:

The funny thing is Kansas City, Missouri is a much, much nicer place than Kansas City, Kansas.

The Missouri one's the one with the great barbecue, right?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Arsenic Lupin posted:

The Missouri one's the one with the great barbecue, right?

*shakes his head sadly* No, as a Texan I regret to inform you that KC bbq is terrible.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I am a barbecue syncretist. If it's good, it doesn't have to be from my region. Brisket and pulled pork and sausage.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I am a barbecue syncretist. If it's good, it doesn't have to be from my region. Brisket and pulled pork and sausage.

The most heartfelt and heated arguments in the LAN NC thread are not over politics, nor sports; oh no, they’re centered around BBQ.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Captain Monkey posted:

*shakes his head sadly* No, as a Texan I regret to inform you that KC bbq is terrible.

Texans say barbecue not BBQ you loving carpetbagger

Also, Kansas City, Kansas is where that kid got decapitated at a Schlitterbahn

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Icon Of Sin posted:

The most heartfelt and heated arguments in the LAN NC thread are not over politics, nor sports; oh no, they’re centered around BBQ.

At least everybody agrees that SC mustard-based 'cue is a sin against pork.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Arsenic Lupin posted:

SC BBQ > NC BBQ, don't @ me

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Arsenic Lupin posted:

After enjoying your posts all these years you stab me in the back :smith:

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

Stalin's published works are all Russian poetry, in case anyone was wondering.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Texans say barbecue not BBQ you loving carpetbagger

Also, Kansas City, Kansas is where that kid got decapitated at a Schlitterbahn

Im native born, and bbq is an accepted shorthand in text. :colbert:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

StillFullyTerrible posted:

Wait, really? there's not even like a ghost written memoir of the October Revolution and early days of the communist takeover that makes him look good?

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Captain Monkey posted:

Im native born, and bbq is an accepted shorthand in text. :colbert:

I worked at a joint owned by a dude from Texas and he also used "BBQ".

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Takoluka posted:

you piece of poo poo

Twistershift
Feb 7, 2007

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Barbeque Locations Matter. Seriously, bring it all on. It's all good. Even the mediocre stuff backyard dads make with Kraft BBQ sauce is still edible. Hell, throw barbacoa on there, too.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

StillFullyTerrible posted:

Georgian poetry, actually. They're apparently quite good.

He wrote them all anonymously, or under pseudonyms, and actively halted an attempt to have them published under his own name, so it's really not surprising most people aren't familiar with them.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Takoluka posted:

Jeff the Mediocre
Dec 30, 2013

Takoluka posted:

gently caress yeah mustard sauce 4 lyfe

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

Angry Salami posted:

Georgian poetry, actually. They're apparently quite good.

He wrote them all anonymously, or under pseudonyms, and actively halted an attempt to have them published under his own name, so it's really not surprising most people aren't familiar with them.

Right, Georgian, sorry.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

It’s the 25A backslide to Bernie combo!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

Becoming a Bernie version of the people who thought Trump would be brought down and lead to Orrin Hatch appointing Hillary to her rightful presidency sounds fun. Might do that.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

There really aren’t “great independent candidates” in this election. There are two independent candidates: Brock loving Pierce running as an independent candidate on cryptocurrency and “I hate the two-party system,” and Kanye West doing whatever he’s doing.

As for smaller party nominees, there’s Jo Jorgensen for the Libertarians with the usual Libertarian platform, Howie Hawkins for the Greens with a pro-Green New Deal and pro-union platform, and the usual assortment of people running to the extreme right and left.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Skwirl posted:

That is 100% incorrect, sir.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

This reminds me of those people that made a website pretending Hillary actually won the election. It is a palpable level of wishful thinking.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/NYCAntifa/status/1315171420977143808?s=20

I want an Antifa Space Invader tattoo

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

What the hell is that about.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Samovar posted:

What the hell is that about.

I think it's about the security guard (who nazis on twitter immediately claimed was antifa) that killed the Trump supporter in Denver today.

Said security guard also didn't have any visible tattoos in the photos I saw. There's video but I'm not gonna go frame by frame of the video of someone getting shot in the face.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Skwirl posted:

I think it's about the security guard (who nazis on twitter immediately claimed was antifa) that killed the Trump supporter in Denver today.

Said security guard also didn't have any visible tattoos in the photos I saw. There's video but I'm not gonna go frame by frame of the video of someone getting shot in the face.

He has a clearly visible tattoo on his right wrist but I have no clue wtf it is.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Posadism is real, strong, and my friend.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

iwentdoodie posted:

He has a clearly visible tattoo on his right wrist but I have no clue wtf it is.

Ahh, the photos I saw I don't think had a clear look at his wrists aside from the one facing the camera when he's holding his gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Skwirl posted:

Ahh, the photos I saw I don't think had a clear look at his wrists aside from the one facing the camera when he's holding his gun.

The one where he fires you can see the edge of it, but again it doesn't mean anything.

I'm also fairly certain the chuds blm shirt is a "you're loving right biker lives matter" shirt, now that I think about it. I've seen them a few times. Dude is also covered in rune tats and poo poo on the inside of his left arm.