Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Hmm now I'm interested in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

The dog doesn't really do anything resembling a puppet attack, but seeing someone with an attached spirit reminds me that Zappa still isn't back in the game.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

getting ready to pick my hero for this 1v1 valorant match!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Giovanna and Nagoriyuki look 100x better than the new characters Xrd introduced. Please keep Elphelt and Bedman loving far away from this game I beg you.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i like elphelt and bedman tbh

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Bring back Jack-O imo

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Bedman I can take or leave but I hate Elphelt due to her godawful design and annoyance of fighting her. I realize GG is an ultra anime game but Elphelt tips the scales on levels I thought were not possible. She'd fit better in Blazblue where some of the characters are on a similar tier of embarrassing.

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora
Yeah we should only have the real hardcore characters like Cute Pirate With Dolphin.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Elphelt is extremely good and fun to play HTH

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Can you believe this bedman guy?? Resting during a fight???

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Lynx Winters posted:

Yeah we should only have the real hardcore characters like Cute Pirate With Dolphin.

I legit want Bridget in this game my dude

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Brought To You By posted:

The dog doesn't really do anything resembling a puppet attack, but seeing someone with an attached spirit reminds me that Zappa still isn't back in the game.

Zappa doesn't have ghosts anymore! Stop wishing bad things on Zappa!!

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

the valentine sisters own

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind

Oberst posted:

Can you believe this bedman guy?? Resting during a fight???

watching you play it's no wonder

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Gologle posted:

God bless the dude at ArcSystemWorks who loves tomboys.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

Bedman I can take or leave but I hate Elphelt due to her godawful design and annoyance of fighting her. I realize GG is an ultra anime game but Elphelt tips the scales on levels I thought were not possible. She'd fit better in Blazblue where some of the characters are on a similar tier of embarrassing.
who gets embarrassed by a fighting game character existing lol

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Bring back Jack-O imo

sharrrk posted:

the valentine sisters own

:emptyquote:

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Bedman was amazing Elphelt was a fun character and design but fighting her was suffering. Ramlethal rules and is the best newcomer from Xrd. Jack-O rules.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah im not into puppet chars but i am into rush down lady with cosmetic dog

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

Zappa doesn't have ghosts anymore! Stop wishing bad things on Zappa!!

Isn't he tapped into the supernatural still? I never touched Xrd but I'm vaguely aware he still has some stuff going on with him. Also, I would glady wish for Zappa's life to be ruined by possession again if it would make him playable.

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Bring back Jack-O imo

How would they even make her tower defense gameplay work in Strive?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Isn't he tapped into the supernatural still? I never touched Xrd but I'm vaguely aware he still has some stuff going on with him. Also, I would glady wish for Zappa's life to be ruined by possession again if it would make him playable.

How would they even make her tower defense gameplay work in Strive?

Based on other chars they could ditch it and she'd be fine, she has lots of big buttons already and could still have the meter burning dust attacks as a unique gimmick.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

He's only tapped into it in the sense that spending years learning poo poo to cure his ghostitis makes him a walking repository of knowledge on the supernatural, so now we works on occult R&D for Ky's country.

Looking it up it seems to be vague whether or not the ghosts still exist, but he doesn't get possessed anymore.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
isn't jack-o more or less dead lorewise

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dragon enthusiast posted:

isn't jack-o more or less dead lorewise
So was zato

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

just make aria playable instead

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://twitter.com/maneater_dgr/status/1315149419012972546?s=20

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Bedman rules but after what they did to him in Rev2 he should probably stay gone.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gundam Versus stream on the 17th/18th. They list both Maxiboost On which recently came out for PS4 and XBoost which just got announced for arcades. Likely they'll give more details on gameplay changes and new suits in XBoost and announce some DLC for Maxiboost.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Kongming posted:

Bedman rules but after what they did to him in Rev2 he should probably stay gone.

I imagine we're just going to see his sister show up with a similar moveset.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

DLC Inc posted:

I legit want Bridget in this game my dude

Bridget would be a great pick because we don't have any other Stage Control/Trap focused characters in this lineup, so far. And, well, Bridget.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
They don't even know for sure if they'll hit it out of the park with Strive's changes and Jack-O is already a pain in the rear end to deal with from a gameplay standpoint, dunno if they're going to put in the effort to put her in without some serious changes just yet. Could see her being DLC eventually.

Totally see Baiken and Bridget getting the DLC treatment, especially if loving Anji is coming back

Edit: Actually hold up where the gently caress is Testament

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
I think all the new GG characters are really well designed mechanically, plus dizzy is INFINITELY more embarrassing than Elphelt and she’s as OG as it gets

KOF and GG are the only franchises dishing out good new characters anymore, like what’s going on Tekken/SF

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

drjuggalo posted:

I think all the new GG characters are really well designed mechanically, plus dizzy is INFINITELY more embarrassing than Elphelt and she’s as OG as it gets

KOF and GG are the only franchises dishing out good new characters anymore, like what’s going on Tekken/SF

Leroy has a dog

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk

drjuggalo posted:

Josie Rizal is cool! (If you can ignore her overt infantilization)

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
Leroy and fauk both dropped broken, other than like Claudio most of the new additions/dlc have either been half baked (gigas, lucky chloe, noctis) or broken (akuma, leroy, fauk, release kazumi)

All of leroys hype melted away when evo japan hit and everyone realized just how bad it really was

The only thing that really lived up to its hype is the legacy characters

Kefahuchi_son!!!
Apr 23, 2015
Visually i like most of the new characters in Xrd, only Sin is somewhat meh to me.
Ram is a special case as i both dislike her base uniform and gameplay, but somewhere between the story mode and her animations i grew to like her and now i'm really happy with her being in Strive.
I hope Strive has gameplay analogues for Bedman and Jack-O, but wouldn't mind to see any of them return.

Kefahuchi_son!!! fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Oct 12, 2020

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

does the samuari vampire guy have dandy step or just teleport/no run?

i want to dandy

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
is it ok to not want elphelt because i hate playing against her

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Hace posted:

is it ok to not want elphelt because i hate playing against her

More than it is thinking she's too anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU