Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drjuggalo posted:

Leroy and fauk both dropped broken, other than like Claudio most of the new additions/dlc have either been half baked (gigas, lucky chloe, noctis) or broken (akuma, leroy, fauk, release kazumi)

All of leroys hype melted away when evo japan hit and everyone realized just how bad it really was

The only thing that really lived up to its hype is the legacy characters

by this measure is KOF any better? najd was hosed up and they didn't patch the game for ages iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

In Training posted:

by this measure is KOF any better? najd was hosed up and they didn't patch the game for ages iirc

Hell to the yes because 14’s tier list had a fair blend of old and new characters representing the game, and nadj only had two top 8 appearances in evo 2018 and a single 2019 top 8 slot. She’s more like a fox where she’s top tier in practice, unlike leroy that instantly destroyed a pro scene overnight.

Aris pointed it out too but If covid didn’t exist leroy/fauk would still be ruining tekken tournies, they shouldnt have even left testing with how broken they still inherently are even with massive nerfs. I purposely didn’t include zafina and Julia in my original post because they just lucked out from tekken season 3 power-creep and can easily be fixed, the DLC characters will never be balanced until they’re fundamentally changed

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Gavok posted:

I imagine we're just going to see his sister show up with a similar moveset.

I can't imagine a character like Bedman and his unique movement/deja vu system working in the kind of game Strive is shaping up to be. It would be nice, and I still hold out hope for Delilah down the line (seriously doubt she's the 15th initial roster character), but she will most likely be way different.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Elphelt has a name that I mentally make into Elphebet like a stupid cross language pun and her open front dress looks awful, I don't like how that dress looks you can't make me.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

elphelt is hella fun sorry for all your bad opinions

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

drjuggalo posted:

Hell to the yes because 14’s tier list had a fair blend of old and new characters representing the game, and nadj only had two top 8 appearances in evo 2018 and a single 2019 top 8 slot. She’s more like a fox where she’s top tier in practice, unlike leroy that instantly destroyed a pro scene overnight.

Aris pointed it out too but If covid didn’t exist leroy/fauk would still be ruining tekken tournies, they shouldnt have even left testing with how broken they still inherently are even with massive nerfs. I purposely didn’t include zafina and Julia in my original post because they just lucked out from tekken season 3 power-creep and can easily be fixed, the DLC characters will never be balanced until they’re fundamentally changed

Wing Chun's power is its simplicity.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Barudak posted:

I don't like how that dress looks you can't make me.

Absolutly incorrect opinion sorry man.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

drjuggalo posted:

kof's roster will never be good while the USA Sports team is not included

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
Like akuma caught so many nerfs in the arcades and development and he still ended up being a jankfest once the Pakistani tigers devoured the Korean dragons that controlled the skies of tekken skies since dawn

totally unrelated since I’m already on tekken but I hate how people say Pakistani won with characters. even now the skill gap between regions is closing hella fast, and tekken is the only esports scene that had a real dbz style hidden regions of end tier bosses. knee booking a flight to Islamabad right after arslan destroyed all of east Asia is a script worth its weight in gold, and NA having an identity crisis on its place in the world stage was the best poo poo coming of the FGC in 2019 (along with stuff like lil majin suplexing a dragon himself back in 2018)

I bitch about tekken so hard because S1 and 2 were the best things the FGC had alongside sonicfox proving all their doubters wrong with DBFZ in recent memory

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

In Training posted:

the DLC for KO14 was great. I can't remember the last time a fighting game did so well in terms of giving people exactly what they wanted in terms of piling in fan favorites. Vanessa, Heidern, Blue Mary and Yamazaki were really great but also putting Rock and loving Oswald in there was legit something I never would have predicted. I think only like, Shermie or Duck King would have been cooler.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

A Bystander posted:

More than it is thinking she's too anime

Yeah it sure would be weird if the game that paved the way for anime fighters would be anime, uhuh

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

DLC Inc posted:

the DLC for KO14 was great. I can't remember the last time a fighting game did so well in terms of giving people exactly what they wanted in terms of piling in fan favorites. Vanessa, Heidern, Blue Mary and Yamazaki were really great but also putting Rock and loving Oswald in there was legit something I never would have predicted. I think only like, Shermie or Duck King would have been cooler.

Extremely true, usually there'll be at least a dud or two for me in a lot of fitan DLCs but man, it felt like they actually listened to what some people wanted back and then did it, felt good to go WOAH COOL for every DLC character for once.

I think one of the last times I was so happy for some new DLC characters was like, MKX when they unveiled Jason and later Leatherface.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Jazerus posted:

kof's roster will never be good while the USA Sports team is not included

With 2002 UM receiving rollback netcode, it shouldn't be long before 98 UM receives the same...

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

MechaX posted:

They don't even know for sure if they'll hit it out of the park with Strive's changes and Jack-O is already a pain in the rear end to deal with from a gameplay standpoint, dunno if they're going to put in the effort to put her in without some serious changes just yet. Could see her being DLC eventually.

Totally see Baiken and Bridget getting the DLC treatment, especially if loving Anji is coming back

Edit: Actually hold up where the gently caress is Testament

testament was extremely good in AC and +R and he is so hosed up with his complete tool kit that i think it's impossible for them to bring him back without completely changing him

that and old gg players have nam flashbacks whenever you talk about bringing him back

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I just want Testament and Bridget for old picks and then Slayer too, Baiken would be cool to see in without it being like two revisions into the game later too.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yeah it sure would be weird if the game that paved the way for anime fighters would be anime, uhuh

Darkstalkers isn't anime!

okay it is, nevermind

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dias posted:

okay it is, nevermind

If the fishman is sexy, its anime.

The first anime film? Creature from the Black Lagoon

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

DLC Inc posted:

Bedman I can take or leave but I hate Elphelt due to her godawful design and annoyance of fighting her. I realize GG is an ultra anime game but Elphelt tips the scales on levels I thought were not possible. She'd fit better in Blazblue where some of the characters are on a similar tier of embarrassing.

This was the post I had in mind when I typed that. My bad, I guess.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
El's aesthetic design is fine but gently caress her as a fighting game char

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I'm glad that the way cooler and best Valentine got in first.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Dias posted:

okay it is, nevermind

I'm pretty sure it was an american saturday morning cartoon.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Saoshyant posted:

I'm pretty sure it was an american saturday morning cartoon.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

See? Not anime. :colbert:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

god there is no version of the fishman that isn't utterly repulsive

which is, probably the whole idea, but..

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I can't believe it took so long for someone to ask the question "What if Cammy had a ghost wolf and wore clothing?"

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

kirbysuperstar posted:

god there is no version of the fishman that isn't utterly repulsive

which is, probably the whole idea, but..

Some find him curiously attractive for a fishman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMMgV6iOuuQ

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

I can't believe it took so long for someone to ask the question "What if Cammy had a ghost wolf and wore clothing?"

The character concept is clearly "What if Vanessa from KoF had a ghost wolf and fought like Cammy?"

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Kantesu posted:

The character concept is clearly "What if Vanessa from KoF had a ghost wolf and fought like Cammy?"

She doesn't fight anything like Cammy. She's "what if King looked like Vanessa and also had a ghost wolf scarf."

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

The main takeaway is that SNK character designs continue to be 20 years ahead of their time.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Kantesu posted:

She fights like Kim Kaphwan you dullard!!

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
She clearly uses Spiral Arrow ~34 seconds and ~54 seconds into the trailer, but the rest is much more Kim, you're right.

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
Can't remember which off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure either Kim Dong Hwan or Kim Jae Hoon's TOP in attack is similar to spiral arrow

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Big buttons big life

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Dreqqus posted:

Can't remember which off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure either Kim Dong Hwan or Kim Jae Hoon's TOP in attack is similar to spiral arrow

It's Dong Hwan, it's kinda like Chris's C+D but with momentum. Jae Hoon's is a standing axe kick.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

mango sentinel posted:

It's Dong Hwan, it's kinda like Chris's C+D but with momentum. Jae Hoon's is a standing axe kick.

If she's got a stomp kick that's anything like Dong Hwan's, oh jeez.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

mango sentinel posted:

Kim's family members continue to be 10,000x cooler than him.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

giovanna's big brother

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

A new melty blood trademark was just filed. Could be a switch port or idk another manga, but figured I'd mention it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Endorph posted:

A new melty blood trademark was just filed. Could be a switch port or idk another manga, but figured I'd mention it.

Melty HD is real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
Socially distanced HD melty tourney @ local McDonald’s dm for more info