Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im playing the ps4 yakuza idc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Imhotep posted:

Gonna play Demons Souls and then The Pathless when I want a break from Demons Souls, if I do. Then Yakuza 7, although I kinda wanna wait until the PS5 version is out as save files don’t transfer even though you get a free upgrade to the PS5 version when you get the PS4 version.

kinda hoping the ps5 versions have legend unlocked or something if it detects your completed save.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Real hurthling! posted:

Im playing the ps4 yakuza idc.

Yeah, I'm kinda right there too. I played the whole series on PS4, and am not getting the PS5 until christmas anyway, and gently caress waiting till March.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Vikar Jerome posted:

so uhh another game set for launch is observer system redux, which is a overall/expanded/upgraded version of the ps4 game observer starring rutger hauer. the ps5 version looks preetty sweet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1DzSPoGwnc

i only found out about this because right now, i went looking for the ps4 version because i always wanted to try it out and now i got the cash and lol, the physical edition was only ever released via limited run and thus that copy is on ebay for 130 odd quid so i decided to get the psn version instead only to discover... they loving delisted it completely. i read some posts that you could only buy it with layers of fear as a bundle but now i cant even find that bundle. :negative: guess they delisted to improve the game for the ps5.

also went looking for amnesia collection on disc and soma on disc, and they dont do it. i was almost ready to pay cash for psn games but then i double checked my steam library and it turns out i already have all 3 somehow. i gotta keep track of this poo poo.

This game was not worth the money originally imo. People should play SOMA instead.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Vikar Jerome posted:

so uhh another game set for launch is observer system redux, which is a overall/expanded/upgraded version of the ps4 game observer starring rutger hauer. the ps5 version looks preetty sweet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1DzSPoGwnc

i only found out about this because right now, i went looking for the ps4 version because i always wanted to try it out and now i got the cash and lol, the physical edition was only ever released via limited run and thus that copy is on ebay for 130 odd quid so i decided to get the psn version instead only to discover... they loving delisted it completely. i read some posts that you could only buy it with layers of fear as a bundle but now i cant even find that bundle. :negative: guess they delisted to improve the game for the ps5.
This game is good!

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
FO4 sucked righteously huge rear end

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bows1 posted:

FO4 sucked righteously huge rear end

:yeah:

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

Bugsnax
Miles
Return to my mountain of incomplete PS4 games until...
Cyberpunk, when the PS5 native patch drops
No specific plans past that

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I'm probably getting MM and Demons Souls and playing the huge back library. I'm interested to see what people think about The Pathless because it looks interesting.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I hope vII_I_age is good

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

i preordered demon's souls but i don't know if i'll have a console to play it on :ohdear:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

I hope vII_I_age is good

It am almost certain it will be. The Resi series is, overall, very very good.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

on launch day i won't be able to get a ps5 but i can just stick the Demon's Souls remake disc in my PS4 and watch the boot screen

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

on launch day i won't be able to get a ps5 but i can just stick the Demon's Souls remake disc in my PS4 and watch the boot screen

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

This will be me when Sony inevitably emails me to say that they won’t be able to fulfill my preorder until 2021.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I haven't played Outer Worlds but I have played Fallout 4 and thats gotta be the bottom sorry.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Fallout 4's a worse game than Outer Worlds.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

This will also happen if you try to run Cyberpunk on a launch Xbox One.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Detective No. 27 posted:

I've got bad news for you if you're gonna play Cyberpunk on a base PS4.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Detective No. 27 posted:

Speaking of launch Xbox One, DF just did a video on Assassin’s Creed Unity (of all things) running on the XSX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ5KaXdeod8

It’s friggin’ purdy.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

more stuff i see about xsx bc the more i think i may trade in my ps4 for one

edit oh they had to find a disc version and leave it unpatched in order to get it uncapped

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Oct 12, 2020

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I've got bad news for you if you're gonna play Cyberpunk on a base PS4.

I'm gonna do it! I'll post how it goes. All I need is 10 frames, keep me in the double digits.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

If I can’t get a PS5 the first week of launch, one way or another, I’m right there with you.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Xbox Series X at launch is a much more tempting prospect than Xbox One was, that's for sure. I wonder if the major publishers will have teams dedicated to optimizing their back catalogues for the new consoles. The unpatched disc of Unity performing better than it's current build on Xbox One and PC is wild. If the console itself can beef up old games through hardware alone, then I'm sure publishers can work on patches to further optimize. I was wondering what to even do with my PS4 Pro after getting my PS5 and trading it towards a Series X is kinda tempting.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Xbox has been on a very fast cycle of new machines just save for pc and be good for way longer before fomo sets in about your obsolete box.

Especially when they launched and killed the one x in like 32 months and failed to release games that used its power in that time and all their first party games for this gen seem years away again.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i dunno any pc builds that do auto hdr and hdr is a huge difference maker

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pcs do hdr just not the fake bc version ms cooked up

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Heavy Metal posted:

I'm gonna do it! I'll post how it goes. All I need is 10 frames, keep me in the double digits.
Doesn’t it have vehicular combat in it? I’m gonna need some serious FPS to not die doing that.

I still can’t imagine that they’re going to make that part of the game any good though, when they couldn’t make Roach not suddenly veer off and crash into things at random. Or Geralt for that matter.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Samurai Sanders posted:

Doesn’t it have vehicular combat in it? I’m gonna need some serious FPS to not die doing that.

I still can’t imagine that they’re going to make that part of the game any good though, when they couldn’t make Roach not suddenly veer off and crash into things at random. Or Geralt for that matter.

I'm confident that with enough cool roleplaying skills, I can bluff my way through all this even if I bump into walls and can't hit anything with my weapons. But hey, maybe the port will run ok, just with lower detail and stuff.

I think the game has a slow-mo mod, I wonder if you can use that while driving.

chuckelZ
Jun 7, 2004

If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.

Real hurthling! posted:

Xbox has been on a very fast cycle of new machines just save for pc and be good for way longer before fomo sets in about your obsolete box.

Especially when they launched and killed the one x in like 32 months and failed to release games that used its power in that time and all their first party games for this gen seem years away again.

I don’t think they killed the one x. I’m happy I got it and it’s actually going to keep me from buying a series x till exclusives start coming. It did it’s job and games look great on it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They ended production but you can still go on Amazon and easily get an Xbox One X. A few hundred people snagged one late last month with no issues.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah they ended production in like may

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

They ended production but you can still go on Amazon and easily get an Xbox One X. A few hundred people snagged one late last month with no issues.

Wasn't that poo poo only in production since like 2017? How is it that can Sony have console production runs that last a decade while MS invalidates their hardware before it even has a chance to mature? :psyduck:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Wasn't that poo poo only in production since like 2017? How is it that can Sony have console production runs that last a decade while MS invalidates their hardware before it even has a chance to mature? :psyduck:

One is a hardware company, the other is a software company built on licensing. Gotta invalidate that old SKU to get users updating to the new model!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Shirkelton posted:

Fallout 4's a worse game than Outer Worlds.

For sure but the fact that five years later and Outer Worlds is the exact same game makes it worse overall imo

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
At least in Outer Worlds I vaguely cared about the characters and things that happened. FO4 I couldn’t have given any less of a gently caress

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

p sure with the new consoles the One X doesn't have much room left to mature.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Demon souls remake isn't by from right?

So I'd be way more into a 60fps bloodborne pls

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Communist Thoughts posted:

Demon souls remake isn't by from right?

So I'd be way more into a 60fps bloodborne pls

it's by Bluepoint, whose entire job is making remasters and they're very good at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bluepoint absolutely gonna remaster Bloodborne, but it might be their B-team after Sony buys them out and finally lets them do an original game.