Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

The FOX NEWS Crew had spent days pointing fingers and watching their own brothers and sisters die. They had won a small victory by cutting down women's bodily autonomy, but one victory was not enough for these proud, conservative pundits.

Then their fingers pointed at Sandwolf. "The real Geraldo would never say such progressive things!" They shouted at him, their faces red and sweaty and their risk of heart attack collectively rising by the second. The chorus of angry, rich, scared white men rose to a deafening crescendo. Someone threw a chair and it collided with Sandwolf's face.

Sandwolf, Geraldo Rivera (Town-aligned Savior) was exe--

Wait! As Sandwolf fell to the floor his disguise fell apart and his true form was revealed. Someone let out a bloodcurdling scream as FOX NEWS came face to face with the one thing they fear more than anything else in this world:

Sandwolf, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (Leftist-aligned JOAT), was executed Day 6!

It is now Night 6 (holy poo poo). Please submit your night actions in your Discord confessionals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

SHALASHASKA HAWKE, Oliver North (Town-aligned Compulsive Firearms Vendor), was killed Night 6!

It is now Day 7.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 7

Not Voting (5): b-minus1, cheese sandwich, Cloner of the Elks, Gumball Gumption, JOHN CENA

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 12th, 2020 at 10 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 day, 2 hours.

Nixon: I still think we ought to take the North Vietnamese dikes out now. Will that drown people?
Kissinger: About two hundred thousand people.
Nixon: No, no, no, I'd rather use the nuclear bomb. Have you got that, Henry?
Kissinger: That, I think, would just be too much.
Nixon: The nuclear bomb, does that bother you?. I just want you to think big, Henry, for Christsakes.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Nice

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Alright so what’s the plan for today

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

After seeing the flip I was questioning myself re cloner but I've done some reading on both of them and I'm still pretty hot on this. I've got a few posts upcoming but it's going to be a tough sell for me that cloner isn't scum.

cheese sandwich posted:

I also enjoy how yesterday you assumed I was insane, and now that I have an investigation on you you assume that I'm paranoid. Lol.

I'm still loling about this because lmao. ##vote cloner

Also I got a scum result on gumball.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Cloner re Sandwolf 1;

Cloner of the Elks posted:

Why Sandwolf never answer to my cases? WHY?

Context for this:

He included this at the end of a larger post after I'd pressed him on what changed his mind re hawke in the middle of the big claim mess with him/hawke/cena. Also, the above and below post are like 10 hours apart which makes the callout seem a little more incredulous.

There is something oddly strange about Sandwolf's posts that ping me, too. I outlined some reasoning in my post here. Sci also made an interesting post here. Granted, this was before the madness that became apparent recently but I still think they are valid points. At this point in time, I think that Sandwolf is the one I'm most comfortable voting today.

and shortly after me too's onto Sci's case on DGK, and presses Sci on his sandwolf read. This pings me because it's something I do frequently as scum, bus my teammates in a way that presses others on them while they have no heat and you feel more town if they flip first. Cena saw a lot of this in jury duty.

This is a well thought out post and really does make me think twice about DGK.

Sci, previously you thought Sandwolf was scum, now you think he's town. What was the tipping point for you, was it anything in particular or just his response to the discovery of gungate?

I'm also not sure what the deal is with Sandwolf's avoidance of my questions whenever I ask him something

My biggest reads are:
Retro Futurist
Sandwolf
B-minus/Hal

I don't like RFs reasoning for his post about being visited by Cena when he wasn't.

Sandwolf won't answer questions and I'm not sure what he's trying to hide.

I feel like B-minus1 has been deliberately disingenuous. Hal just... Hal just feels odd and I have him on par with b-minus1 in terms of scum level

But it's always halfhearted, he never really drives this opting instead to hop onto wherever thread momentum is despite at times treating it like his primary read.

If RF flips scum as I suspect, my eyes are going to be on Sand

"Don't worry about the questions scumbo. Anyway, here are a couple of other scums to look at:"

I get it, you're pissed because I've mentioned the question thing three times now. The questions I asked you are probably no longer that relevant given the amount of time that has passed but the part that sticks out is that you deliberately ignored them and when you actually make a response it's this garbage.

Anyway, b-minus didn't even react when I called him out on being disingenuous here and here. He's seen those posts, they were back to back and he was the next person to post in thread. His case is flimsy at best.

Hal does have an odd presence about him this game, feels different to the few other games I've played with him. And his claim to see if people "have killed" just pinged me when he expected to have a result on N1 before anyone was dead.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

##vote Cheese Sandwich

easy.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Cloner re Sandwolf 2

Doesn't mention sandwolf before this. Bit of friendly back and forth about pronouns afterwards.

I'm parking my vote here for now

##vote scumwolf

Big case of mostly nothing based on D1 Amni interactions

Unvotes based on sandwolf claiming a visit, and when he's pressed on it starts speculating about investigative/protection roles in a way that looks like it's trying to draw out claims since he'd know that sandwolf was scum. This isn't the behaviour of someone with a PR that he's claimed that could find scum (and he's downplayed this comparison), this is the behaviour of someone concerned with PR speculation and a bad reason for jumping off of someone that he still lowkey chirps about.

In light of recent posts I'm going to remove my vote on Sandwolf

##unvote

I feel like if someone visited Sandwolf, and he was scum, they'd probably say something.
If someone protected him, that would also explain why there was no NK (and I dont think scum would target one of their own).

I might be over simplifying this, of course, but this isn't a role madness game so I can't imagine anything too far different

Very true, yet there has been no real push on Sandwolf (other than me writing my own case notes, admittedly).
Surely if a cop or someone who can identify alignment visited him, they'd be pushing harder than this?

Doesn't stack up, I'm more inclined to think that in this scenario they probably found he was town or something.

Anyway, this is my reason for unvoting him

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

So although my result seems to reflect what I expected, it does make me wonder if it has a secondary ability I don't realise?
I gunsmithed Steak and was told he couldn't kill anyone, but Hawke says he gave him a gun. A useless gun, apparently, so I wonder if I got a negative result because my investigation happened before a gun was given, or if it's because the gun is useless, or perhaps I can't actually gunsmith anyone at all and just poison them instead.

Honestly, I don't know what to expect anymore and if anyone thinks this is the situation then I totally understand wanting to cuddle me.

I also totally missed this when it happened.

So if I'm reading this correctly, Hawke gave Steak a gun N1 & this is the one night that Cloner claims he got a result. Cloner gets a result that he shouldn't have gotten under the assumption that Hawke was a foil for him. Otherwise he's just the before and Hal's the after right? That still feels heavy.

This alone is not entirely damning though because it would likely depend on the order actions resolve, assuming cloner's claim was honest. Which it's probably not. Particularly considering that we know Hawke was probably honest about the roleblock and they both claimed a block the same night (N3? I think?).

The only other person to claim a block was RF N1, so assuming RF & Hawke had the only real blocks it seems likely that this could have been part of Sandwolfs JOAT.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Sandwolf re cloner

Sandwolf does a lot of back & forth chirping with cloner over the course of the game, I'm just going to highlight a few examples.

Sandwolf posted:

I'll be honest. I didn't believe him

I'm parking my vote here for now

##vote scumwolf
These are not necessarily mutually exclusive points but it feels like a really weird shift in dynamic. He agrees with my argument against Amni (he voted there) but now he’s sure I’m scum?

Early bussing. This feels like a public prod between scummates from a more experienced player to someone newer.

Sandwolf posted:

Cloner you're a gunsmith?

Cena are YOU a gunsmith?

Sandwolf posted:

it'd be a slightly more technical framer, like a miller-maker

So sandwolf is the one to suggest that hawke was a framer and pretty active in the back and forth after cloner claims, which makes it look more like a fake claim that they workshopped together. Then immediately tries to shade it as a fake claim.

Sandwolf posted:

honestly had the exact same vibe of someone bungling a claim

I mentioned this in one of the cloner posts but this is a scum thing I do when I'm bussing my teammates - shade people acting awkward in advance around people I know will flip scum. Basically if you ever think I'm scum look at who I'm chasing before or while you look at me.

Sandwolf posted:

Cloner isn’t at -1

why did Cena and binus just absolutely appear like a bolt from heaven

These two below posts come one after the other, like Sandwolf decided in the moment that he wanted to try to bus cloner. Although this only makes sense if sandwolf and cloner are the last two scum together, otherwise A) I would've been hammered B) they would've known that the game wouldn't end if I was hammered otherwise a bus would be pointless.

Sandwolf posted:

I can hammer cheese if we don't think anyone else has anything to add

Sandwolf posted:

##vote cloner

Will be around to hammer cheese

Sandwolf almost completely checked out of the last day after being voted by cloner, this also only makes sense if they're the last two but assuming that's the case I'm positive there was scum on his lunch given how he lurked the rest of the day and it would make sense that cloner would hop on first when they didn't know how thread momentum would sway. The lurking makes sense because after momentum shifted to him he wouldn't want to give up any more information than he had to.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

cheese sandwich posted:

I also enjoy how yesterday you assumed I was insane, and now that I have an investigation on you you assume that I'm paranoid. Lol.

This is hilarious and blatant as poo poo, I'm going to laugh so hard if you guys ignore this.

Cloner is obviously scum. My case has been ample at this point.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
No contest.

##vote cheese

Keep up the "I've been rumbled as scum" meltdown, though. Some desperate attempts there to swing people onto me

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

pretty confident that if it isn't cheese its gumption.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
We have to lunch cheese. RF had a result on him and even if there was night action fuckery with the result, it’s still the correct play.

Gumball didn’t need to hammer sandwolf yesterday. He’s town in my book.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

No contest.

##vote cheese

Keep up the "I've been rumbled as scum" meltdown, though. Some desperate attempts there to swing people onto me

If I’m desperate about anything it’s not to have an apathetic town throw a game we’ve been playing for weeks now. Just some good casing ;)

Notice how he never responds to any of the content? Kind of ironic considering his complaining about sandwolf not answering him.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

cheese sandwich posted:

If I’m desperate about anything it’s not to have an apathetic town throw a game we’ve been playing for weeks now. Just some good casing ;)

Notice how he never responds to any of the content? Kind of ironic considering his complaining about sandwolf not answering him.

Your straw man case strikes me as so desperate that I don't even see the point in trying to convince others that it's bullshit because it really is that telling. You are literally the only person I'm seeing as scum right now and to be honest I think the only person that would possibly need convincing is Gumball, as seen previously

I've tried to nudge him into using a critical eye rather than becoming complacent with you simply because you're in a masonry together

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Cheese I wish you were right because you played a good town game but I feel like you've lead me around by the nose. I don't see how you're not scum at this point.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Your straw man case strikes me as so desperate that I don't even see the point in trying to convince others that it's bullshit because it really is that telling. You are literally the only person I'm seeing as scum right now and to be honest I think the only person that would possibly need convincing is Gumball, as seen previously

I've tried to nudge him into using a critical eye rather than becoming complacent with you simply because you're in a masonry together

lol just dodging completely. Vote this scum.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

Cheese I wish you were right because you played a good town game but I feel like you've lead me around by the nose. I don't see how you're not scum at this point.

Make a case then! Or tell me how why I’m wrong about cloner.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

cheese sandwich posted:

Lmao I can’t get enough of this. Vote this scum.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I’m gonna look through sandwolf and dgks posts again. Also sci to see if he dropped any hints about his targets

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

cheese sandwich posted:

Make a case then! Or tell me how why I’m wrong about cloner.

Cloner's right and this is desperate. Like, Sandwolf flipping scum pretty much requires you to be scum at this point. I really believed you in the mason chat so good job snookering me, you're just laying it on too thick at this point. ##vote Cheese

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

ALL OTHER TROPICAL STORMS BOW BEFORE ME

Only registered members can see post attachments!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 7

cheese sandwich (3): JOHN CENA, Cloner of the Elks, Gumball Gumption
Cloner of the Elks (1): cheese sandwich

Not Voting (1): b-minus1

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 12th, 2020 at 10 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 9 hours, 50 minutes.

"Lucifer in the flesh, I have Democrat friends and Republican friends. I get along with almost everyone, but I have never worked with a more miserable son of a bitch in my life."

- John Boehner, on Ted Cruz

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

cheese sandwich, Laura Ingraham (Town-aligned Paranoid Cop), was execut--

Suddenly, a bright flash of light from outside the windows of the FOX NEWS building (I'm not googling what it's actually called)! The rolling sound of thunder soon follows and it begins to rain...acid!

cheese sandwich, Irrefutable, Scientific Evidence of Climate Change (Leftist-aligned Roleblocker), was executed Day 7!

It is now Night 7. Please, for the love of god, submit your night actions in your Discord confessionals.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Cloner of the Elks, Steve Doocy (Town-aligned Gunsmith), was killed Night 7!

It is now Day 8.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 8

Not Voting (3): b-minus1, Gumball Gumption, JOHN CENA

With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

"It seems to me, first of all, from what I understand from doctors, that's really rare. If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down. But let's assume that maybe that didn't work or something: I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be of the rapist, and not attacking the child."

- Todd Akin, on whether abortion should be allowed for rape victims - 19 August 2012

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i have successfully asked gumball yesterday and bminus last night questions. I'm clear.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
What the gently caress

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
So

Gumball cannot be scum. Why would he have hammered

Cena scum or 3p?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Wait it has to be gumball

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Because I was asked a question last night

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I can post more after work but yeah, I don't know if a night action necessarily makes you clear. Honestly binus I thought it was more likely you were scum but I can see it being either of you. Cena, what does your power do besides softball questions?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Unless Cena can perform two night actions it has to be gumball

I messaged gumball last night for full disclosure

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I’m gonna do it lol

##vote gumball

If it’s you Cena then well fuckin played

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

asking softballs is my sole night action

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

JOHN CENA posted:

asking softballs is my sole night action

Sweet it has to be gumball

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It feels dumb to ignore the potential for more night fuckery to go for a quick lunch binus. I'd at least like Cena to explain more about trying to shoot sandwolf but not actually voting for sandwolf, especially considering he flipped scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Gumball Gumption posted:

It feels dumb to ignore the potential for more night fuckery to go for a quick lunch binus. I'd at least like Cena to explain more about trying to shoot sandwolf but not actually voting for sandwolf, especially considering he flipped scum.

because i didnt see momentum there for a vote on him, but if i have a gun and i suspect him (which i did) i figure hey lets try it out and get on with it