Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

im not buying a ps5 lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
Why the hell isn’t Blinx: The Time Sweeper on game pass anyway?

Also, I’m pretty surprised that the first Xbox got 1000 games. That’s a good whack more than the GameCube, right? And I’m pretty sure more than the PS3 got somehow.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Class action for stick drift is now going to include the elite 2 in case anybody got burned by a faulty one

https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2020-...-elite-series-2

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Twerk from Home posted:

Also, I’m pretty surprised that the first Xbox got 1000 games. That’s a good whack more than the GameCube, right? And I’m pretty sure more than the PS3 got somehow.

Definitely not more than the PlayStation 3.

These are estimates from Wikipedia.

Xbox: 1001 (disc) + 27 (Xbox Live Arcade)
Gamecube: 658
PlayStation 3: 1445 (disc) and 761 (download only)

PS3 had roughly double what the original Xbox had.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Zerot posted:

Definitely not more than the PlayStation 3.

These are estimates from Wikipedia.

Xbox: 1001 (disc) + 27 (Xbox Live Arcade)
Gamecube: 658
PlayStation 3: 1445 (disc) and 761 (download only)

PS3 had roughly double what the original Xbox had.

how many of those made it to PAL or NA release? I'm sure a good third of ps3 disc releases were JP only and had names like Daisenryaku Daitouakouboushi3 Dai-2-Ji Sekaitaisenbokpatsu Sujikuguntairengougun Zensekaisen

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

kecske posted:

how many of those made it to PAL or NA release? I'm sure a good third of ps3 disc releases were JP only and had names like Daisenryaku Daitouakouboushi3 Dai-2-Ji Sekaitaisenbokpatsu Sujikuguntairengougun Zensekaisen

Shame it never got a sequel.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Twerk from Home posted:

They're holding off until they announce the Banjo x Blinx crossover game

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Real hurthling! posted:

Class action for stick drift is now going to include the elite 2 in case anybody got burned by a faulty one

https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2020-...-elite-series-2

Weirdly I have lucked out and never had stick drift on any of my Xbox controllers across all 3 generations that I can recall.

My lol DAY ZERO EDITION xbone controller just straight up died and they replaced and it no questions asked. The rubber started peeling off my original elite controller about a month ago and a bumper just broke, but it sounds like considering thats nearly 5 years old I lucked out considering the shifty experiences others have had.

mem
Sep 1, 2005
Elite 2 is the best controller I've ever used, and thankfully I've had no problems with mine. The controller that came with my one x had a sticky A button, would sometimes register double presses.

Never had stick drift on an xbox controller, although we've had some switch joycons do that.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

whats the difference between the elite 1 and 2

mem
Sep 1, 2005
Thumb stick tensioner and internal battery (lasts 40 hours maybe...it's a long rear end time) on the elite 2. Also expensive as gently caress at $180.

Might be more, I didn't own an elite 1.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

On a related note, I've now spent more money replacing switch controllers than on the system itself get hosed Nintendo.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

the elite v2 battery is indeed insane. running my astro A40s through a plantronics puck on the controller i definitely see at least 25hrs of game time before the warning light comes on (and it comes on at 40% instead of 2% like the older controllers did, so you have literal hours before its dead)

takes a while to charge is the only real complaint.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Barudak posted:

On a related note, I've now spent more money replacing switch controllers than on the system itself get hosed Nintendo.

You know Nintendo has a no-time-limit warranty on those, right? When I sent four(!!) in a couple months back I got brand new ones in return.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gutcruncher posted:

You know Nintendo has a no-time-limit warranty on those, right? When I sent four(!!) in a couple months back I got brand new ones in return.

In Japan? Because all I see are 12 month warranties and need to pay 40 bucks to repair

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Barudak posted:

In Japan? Because all I see are 12 month warranties and need to pay 40 bucks to repair

Are you asking cuz you live in Japan, cuz I dunno how it works there. In USA at least, it was free to send in my near-launch joycons just a couple months ago

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gutcruncher posted:

Are you asking cuz you live in Japan, cuz I dunno how it works there. In USA at least, it was free to send in my near-launch joycons just a couple months ago

Yeah I live in Japan and was like "am I missing something stupidly obvious"

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Embargo lifted on Dirt 5 and streamers with Xbox Series X's are showing it off and it looks real rotten, unfortunately.

Lots of frame and screen-tearing issues on top of looking pretty rough.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Barudak posted:

It’s worldwide and “unofficial” so everywhere has whatever their locally mandated warranty is but if you contact them for joycon drift they’ll deal with it regardless of how old they are.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dirt 5 looks like, well, dirt.

History Comes Inside! posted:

It’s worldwide and “unofficial” so everywhere has whatever their locally mandated warranty is but if you contact them for joycon drift they’ll deal with it regardless of how old they are.

Time to mail a shoebox of garbage to Nintendo.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Shirkelton posted:

Embargo lifted on Dirt 5 and streamers with Xbox Series X's are showing it off and it looks real rotten, unfortunately.

Lots of frame and screen-tearing issues on top of looking pretty rough.

The surprising (and disappointing) part of the previews that I'm seeing is that the game struggles to lock to 30 or 60 in the resolution or performance mode, but mostly sticks to 120 in the high refresh rate mode. That's a strange choice.

I was really wanting a new racing game for launch so I'll probably still pick this up but I hope they iron that out.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I don't think it's a choice, I think the game's just hosed, they've got COVID to contend with and they're releasing like twenty different versions of the game if you count the different visual modes.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

oh no no no

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

So thats a screenshot from the PSP version right?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its got powerful upscaled 360 game energy.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Shirkelton posted:

I don't think it's a choice, I think the game's just hosed, they've got COVID to contend with and they're releasing like twenty different versions of the game if you count the different visual modes.

Oh yeah, I'm okay with any game coming in hot (it sounds like the current build has broken the Xbox's VRR implementation) given the state of *waves hands*. Sorting out the 30 and 60 fps options will hopefully be a priority in this last month before release.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Shirkelton posted:

different visual modes counting as different versions for development is certainly a strange take
at least the forza crowd's still getting work

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

different visual modes counting as different versions for development is certainly a strange take

You don't think it increases development time and Q&A? The game's releasing across two different console generations, both of which have multiple permutations with different hardware inside, that's an exponential increase on testing across all of those to make sure each functions properly, no?

Even if it all works swimmingly, which it clearly doesn't, it's still more work at the end of the day.

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Oct 12, 2020

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Alright, maybe I'm just trying to be nice to them, imagine busting your rear end, crunching through COVID and your game loving sucks at the end.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

This Daytona USA screenshot is yet another hint that the SEGA deal is true

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Barudak posted:

I heard that if you type “xbox” into a Japanese phone it autocorrects to “PlayStation”

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ok Comboomer posted:

I heard that if you type “xbox” into a Japanese phone it autocorrects to “PlayStation”

Apple is a japanese company now????

No but seriously, everyone here has iPhones, its the highest penetration market in APAC at like 60+%.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Laserface posted:

the elite v2 battery is indeed insane. running my astro A40s through a plantronics puck on the controller i definitely see at least 25hrs of game time before the warning light comes on (and it comes on at 40% instead of 2% like the older controllers did, so you have literal hours before its dead)

takes a while to charge is the only real complaint.

Because the case it comes in is also a charging cradle that you rest it on, as far as I know, the Elite 2 has infinite battery. I never have to think about it, ever.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Barudak posted:

Stop buying joycons. They're not even good controllers.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF9A935XFkU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Some Goon posted:

Stop buying joycons. They're not even good controllers.

I've replaced the things three times now and this fourth go round Im giving up on ever using it portably again because who wants a switch you can use on the go, right? Apparently my switch battery is also bulging and destroying my screen so like I think this unit in particular may be cursed.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Barudak posted:

I've replaced the things three times now and this fourth go round Im giving up on ever using it portably again because who wants a switch you can use on the go, right? Apparently my switch battery is also bulging and destroying my screen so like I think this unit in particular may be cursed.

Do you have a ethernet adapter plugged in on it? There was a bug idk if they fixed that made it idle hot in the dock if it detects wired internet that could lead to warping issues

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Barudak posted:

Good news! They're launching the perfect new Switch for you.

https://twitter.com/famitsu/status/1315479875826802688?s=20

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Digital Foundry is much more positive on the game than many other previews have been. I am watching this video on my TV and I think the urban tracks look alright, and I didn't realize it had dynamic time of day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Do you have a ethernet adapter plugged in on it? There was a bug idk if they fixed that made it idle hot in the dock if it detects wired internet that could lead to warping issues

Nah, only ever used it via wifi. I think it just heard that I gave up on PC gaming due to technical issues and decided it wanted some of that action.