Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Kvlt! posted:

Rob Zombie himself could make a FF Friday the 13th movie and I still wouldn't watch it

Liar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I had an idea for a Friday fan script a while back I keep meaning to work on, in which Camp Blood is now a true crime getaway (an homage to the NoBeBoSco tours) that features an actor who plays Jason surprising the visitors. But shocker, the faux Jason snaps and starts killing people for real. At the same time, a few wiccans visiting summon the real Jason, so now there’s 2 Jason’s wreaking havoc. Friday the 13th Pt 2: Two Many Jason’s

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

tonedef131 posted:

I was in the exact same boat and watched the producers cut 2 weeks ago. I think it might be the worst movie I’ve ever seen. Paul Rudd was insufferable and I can’t believe we was able to make a career out of acting after that performance. They also try to explain Michaels actions and clean up loose ends to part 5 which are both unforgivable. The only reason anyone should ever have to endure that movie is because it’s Pleasence’s final performance.

Yeah I think my main issues with it are:

1. Trying to ‘explain’ Michael is a futile task and fucks over anyone making a film after you. Just accept him for what he is.

2. “It’s a cult!” is for the most part my least favorite explanation behind something. Emphasized by movies involving cults that I really like, it just often feels a cop out.

The most frustrating thing is finally the movie shows the town of Haddonfield actually being affected and reacting to the murders, they just don’t really do anything with it. Like, that’s your obvious plot to go with to differentiate yourself from prior films and also something that couldn’t have been done until that point in history, but they blew it.

Poor Paul Rudd, he tries so hard.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

My F13 dream is it starting out the usual way but 10 minutes in there’s a zombie outbreak so you’ve got a three sided thing going on

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
It's too bad we never got Ash vs Freddy vs Jason, it could have happened.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Coffee And Pie posted:

I had an idea for a Friday fan script a while back I keep meaning to work on, in which Camp Blood is now a true crime getaway (an homage to the NoBeBoSco tours) that features an actor who plays Jason surprising the visitors. But shocker, the faux Jason snaps and starts killing people for real. At the same time, a few wiccans visiting summon the real Jason, so now there’s 2 Jason’s wreaking havoc. Friday the 13th Pt 2: Two Many Jason’s

2 Jasons, 2 Serious

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Hollismason posted:

Be worth it just for the inevitable Youtuber that pronounces the acronym as Avfuhvuhjub.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hollismason posted:

They did 2 comics on it and they were pretty decent

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Jason needs to be seen grabbing random weapons and killing people in fun ways. I ain’t goin to a Jason movie to be scared of him lmao

Richleau
Sep 25, 2020

CelticPredator posted:

Jason needs to be seen grabbing random weapons and killing people in fun ways. I ain’t goin to a Jason movie to be scared of him lmao

Yes exactly. Jason became fun again with Jason Lives. No one is going to be scared by him any longer. It's time filmmakers realize this and play up the over the top extravagance that Jason can provide. Fans want a fun horror film that's slightly funny, they certainly do not want a legit scary film as it can't be conjured with a character like Jason. They have already gone off the rails, we don't want bumpers placed to prevent that action again.

We have gone the route of Jason in Space, Jason in Manhattan, how's about an atomic Jason out of Los Alamos killing scientists as he makes his way to the tiny town?

Richleau fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Oct 12, 2020

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I think it depends on the movie. I'm not really scared of him in 2, but I'm invested in the heroes and don't want them to die.

Like the part with Ginny in the sweater is legit intense.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The next logical step for Jason is time travel, and I'm not in favour of it unless it's also a Waxwork sequel.

Coffee And Pie posted:

After a family tragedy, Nancy Campbell takes a long needed vacation at Camp Crystal Lake. Mocked by the other counselors for her fear of ghost stories, she proves her mettle by chanting "Candyman" before a mirror five times. This greatly upsets camper Angela Parker, who won't stop speaking to her Good Guy doll, which "orders" her to fiddle constantly with a strange puzzle box...

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

The clear solution to everyone's requests here is a Waxwork sequel where all of the wax tableaus the characters get sucked into are horror movie settings so Haddonfield Il, Camp Crystal Lake, Elm Street, etc.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I tried to watch the new commentary with Tony Todd and Bernard Rose on the Shout Factory blu ray and it's just completely incoherent. They're just shooting the poo poo about all sorts of random topics and hardly ever actually discuss the movie or the scene at hand.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I like the commentary for Hot Fuzz where Quentin Tarantino spend basically the entire time talking about old movies.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

When I read "Friday the 13th found footage movie" my mind immediately went to the idea that Jason was the one doing the filming, and he also edits it all together and adds star wipes and stuff.

It probably wouldn't work as a full movie, but a horror short that's a slasher villain's home movie could have some real comedy potential.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

as long as there's an outtakes and bloopers reel over the credits.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Halloween Jack posted:

The next logical step for Jason is time travel
My god... Jason didn't drown because the counselors were having sex and not paying attention. They drowned because they were having sex and being murdered... by JASON!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Neo Rasa posted:

Be worth it just for the inevitable Youtuber that pronounces the acronym as Avfuhvuhjub.

And promptly gets devoured by an Extradimensional Tentacular Evil.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Do you guys think that death in the final destination series is an actual sentient godly being or later or a cosmic force of nature?

tonedef131
Sep 3, 2003

Nature force.

Death is equally as important as life in regards to balance of the natural world.

Also why do all these boutique distributor blu ray sales have to happen at the exact same time?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Do you guys think that death in the final destination series is an actual sentient godly being or later or a cosmic force of nature?

A sentient force of nature, with a dark sense of humor.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Death is a low-level cosmic bureaucrat tying up loose ends after loving up on the job by actually sending visions of doom as reply all.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Saw Near Dark again today, and it struck me how much Mae seemed to enjoy being a vampire. She remarks she will be here when the light from a distant star reaches earth, and how wonderful it is to smell the night. She's made peace with the murder of people as she just says "the night has it's price". The cop-out ending of her being cured by the main guy through a blood transfusion felt kinda mean, honestly. She does remark that she didn't ask to be turned, but she didn't ask to turned back, either. By now probably all her family is dead, she has the blood of ???? number of people on her hands, wanted in other states, etc.

I've been watching a ton of horror movies with month. Some good, some bad. Lots for the first time. Quick list, not extensive

I liked this:
Texas Chainsaw 2, Trick R Treat, In the Mouth of Madness, Prince of Darkness, Horror of Dracula, Dark Water (original)

I didn't like:
Halloween 3, Species II, Suicide Club

I can't stop thinking about :
I Saw The Devil

On the List still:
Changeling, Cure, Re-Animator, Ghost Game, Loner, The Piper

Skrillmub
Nov 22, 2007

Wrong thread.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

are those new Ft13th box sets still for sale? did anyone snag one what did u think

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

gently caress IT I BOUGHT IT IM SO EXCITED FOR THE NEW UNCUT PARTS

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also

Kvlt! posted:

are those new Ft13th box sets still for sale? did anyone snag one what did u think

It’s pretty nice. The transfers that I’ve watched so far are really great looking. There’s a shitton of extras, of which I’ve barely scratched the surface, but there’s others here that can speak to those.

Worth $150? I’d say so; this is gonna be THE definitive collection for the foreseeable future.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

im going to hope someone gets sick of theirs and sells it for $75. that's about what I'd pay for it.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Watched Re-Animator again tonight. my gosh what a great movie. Weyoun is great, Barbara Crampton is great, Weyoun's friend is okay, the evil Doctor is great. what an amazing movie.

were the sequels any good? I'm guessing not, but that doesn't mean anything. bad movies have souls too. I'll try tracking them down later.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Reality Protester posted:

Watched Re-Animator again tonight. my gosh what a great movie. Weyoun is great, Barbara Crampton is great, Weyoun's friend is okay, the evil Doctor is great. what an amazing movie.

were the sequels any good? I'm guessing not, but that doesn't mean anything. bad movies have souls too. I'll try tracking them down later.

I enjoyed them but none hold a candle to Re-Animator

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I’m looking forward to watching that again soon, another I haven’t seen in 20+ years.

Looking through what else I can watch among the Last Drive-In eps that strike off ‘watch 7 2nd entries in a franchise’ thing for Hooptober... do Prom Night 2 and/or Slumber Party Massacre 2 warrant watching the originals first or not. I hear the latter is wild, so looking forward.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Slumber Party Massacre 2 is pretty much standalone. it makes reference to a killer from the first, who is not actually in the first.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ha, that’s my kinda sequel! I do enjoy the liberties they take sometimes.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I find it personally distressing that horror movies are so rewatchable.

there are so many I want to see, but nevertheless I find myself thinking "I saw chopping mall already, but why not?"

it really hampers my goal of seeing all of them.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/TheHorrorMaster/status/1315842911246839811?s=20

Do you think Carpenter is a fan of the film "His Girl Friday"?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Prom Night 2 is also completely unconnected from the first. It does have a direct sequel in Prom Night 3, but then the fourth is unrelated again.

2 and 3 are the high points of the series, anyway.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Awesome, thanks both. I’ll try sneak in the originals to both of those but if I don’t at least I’m know I’m not gonna be lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Nightstream virtual fest was really good. They put together a solid line up of movies considering the circumstances. The events and Q&As gave a good vibe to the fest that reminded me of Fantastic Fest. They still have some movies on VOD till the 14th, most of these will end up on streaming soon, but I want to recommend AV: The Hunt. Very tense movie about a woman getting hunted by her family after cheating on her husband. Got some Revenge vibes for sure. Less gore and neon but drat being a woman in Turkey is scary.