Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Dates as of now (likely change)

November 18- 2020 NBA Draft

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1326026325581328387

Training Camp and Season start TBD

R.D. Mangles posted:

Here is the thing, it is that Modern Basketball and small-ball is in my opinion Bull poo poo and basketball should revert to its purest form where one team happens to have found a semi-coordinated gigantic freak of nature who just destroys everyone by being huge. A few years ago, I watched the FIBA Small Nations finals and Malta annihilated Norway in the final because Norway did not have anyone over 6'8" and Malta had this gigantic 7'5" mutant who they could not stop because he was doing things like putting the ball out of reach by lifting it over his head and shooting over their useless, ineffectual arms. It ruled, and you see that pretty much every other level of basketball where you have freaks lighting up teams by being too big and now in the NBA every single team is either a little guard or a small forward playing center and they all switch and the teams all Do Assets and it is lame as hell. In a real basketball league, every year Boban would be the MVP because it would be illegal to make him guard perimeter shooters and he can just anchor himself to the paint like a mythological creature somehow chained to a mountain and swat pathetic layup attempts and also goaltending would be legal so they couldn't shoot threes. Look, I'm not a monster. You can have Steph Curry and Dame, and even the vile and disgusting James Harden. The NBA needs to sell sneakers to small children. But in a real basketball league, any team attempting to put a 6'5" guy at center because he's "switchable" so he can do Sloane Conferencing for 35 minutes a night would get smashed as an unfathomably enormous guy who has to wear prescription shoes has stuck out his arm and the smaller player is helpless to lunge at the ball. I am available for speaking engagements, conferences, and to fill any vacant GM roles in the National Basketball Association.

Here's a vision of what I call Pure Basket
https://twitter.com/DesusandMeroVL/status/1009273382284726272

https://twitter.com/P_Funk36/status/1328843386737012746?s=19

Lockback fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Nov 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
This could be wrong but looks like FA is slightly further back.
https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1315726285084135424

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Well, this will be an exciting offseason for the Raptors.

How exactly does one go about fixing a half-court offence without loving up the rest of it? I guess I'm still a little shook because the last time they went to solve a shot creation problem they ended up signing Hedo Turkoglu.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Isn’t the draft in November now?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Pwease twade for cwisp paul 🥺👉👈

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Whoops, I used the wrong page. Updated with new estimates.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the bulls...are BACK

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Not surprised they are pushing Free Agency back. Bowl Season is way better for hyping up the sort of This League! transaction chasing than during Thanksgiving.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
My sources are telling me that Anthony Davis coming to the Bulls.

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer

Henchman of Santa posted:

I think it’s a relative lock for Nov 18. Here’s a list of dates to look out for.

All from John Hollinger here: https://theathletic.com/2132885/202..._shared_article

He goes into more detail under each heading, but these give a decent rough approximation.

quote:

Early-mid November — Determine the 2020-21 salary cap and reset player option dates

quote:

Nov. 18 — NBA draft

quote:

Late November — Announce when next season starts

The league said it would provide eight weeks notice ahead of whenever the next season is set to begin, so if you work backward from the current hope of Jan. 18, that would involve the league committing to this date on Nov. 23.

quote:

Late November or Dec. 1 — Free agency

quote:

December — Make the schedule

quote:

Jan. 18 — NBA season starts?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Dexo posted:

Very interesting, would you care to name these sources?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Baynes would kill it on the lakers imo, if his weirdo shot put shot is still effective

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
AD and lebron to the CAVS

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dexo posted:

My sources have told me similar Davis wants to play for Billy

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

I'm glad 'bron got his last ring before Luka takes over the league.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Brolander posted:

Lebron and AD to the Celtics for Hayward and Theis

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

is either of these fair for Memphis?

trying to get my man

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

AD is coming home and will play the 5, he is also recruiting Giannis

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Katana_Warrior posted:

trying to get my man

lmao no

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Brolander posted:

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

I hope they do a coaching roundtable episode again about the bubble. Or even Ernie, Chuck and Kenny and the crew doing one of their sitdowns with players from the bubble to hear stories.

E: And a documentary of course. And a book even.

I'm jonesing.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Katana_Warrior posted:

trying to get my man

Absolutely disgusting

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

anthony edwards would be a big improvement over dillon brooks

why doesn't anyone want the #1 pick

e: at the very least, at least that means that no one will trade the warriors anything nice either

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Well for starters the trades you suggested were bad

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Katana_Warrior posted:

anthony edwards would be a big improvement over dillon brooks

he'd also be a big downgrade from Brandon Clarke

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Lockback posted:

I’m hearing the Bulls are BACK so he would be a fool not to play

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Metapod posted:

Well for starters the trades you suggested were bad

the wolves don't have anyone with value other than KAT, it's depressing

of course, that also means that it's a prime location for AD to be sign&traded to

e:

MourningView posted:

he'd also be a big downgrade from Brandon Clarke

yeah, but imagine the blog headlines:

How the Grizzlies Transformed a Mid-20s Pick into the #1 Pick

the fans would love it

Katana_Warrior fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Oct 13, 2020

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Katana_Warrior posted:

why doesn't anyone want the #1 pick

...says the guy who is trying to trade away the #1 pick because he doesn't want it....

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Lockback posted:

...says the guy who is trying to trade away the #1 pick because he doesn't want it....

I'd be 100% on board with watching anthony edwards stink it up for 3 years before he starts to figure things out if it weren't for KAT wanting the exact opposite of that. Just trying to look out for the big guy

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Ben Simmons will be traded for the #1, James Johnson and Okogie. This is the way.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Lockback posted:

See Red Fred.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Lockback posted:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Jim Boylen younger than I thought

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm sourced up in the bulls organization, please pre-order my forthcoming book The Boylen Rules

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
THE HOLY GHOST OF FAMED RAPIST KOBE BRYANT ENDOWS THIS CHAMPIONSHIP OF LEBRON AS TRULY...THE GREATEST OF CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

i'm sourced up in the bulls organization, please pre-order my forthcoming book The Boylen Rules

Please consider renaming it Boylen Over

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

Is there anyone the Heat can pick up to take them over the top? Alternately, what about the Nuggets? Both teams won my heart this year, and now that the Lakers got theirs, I wouldn't mind seeing a Nuggets/Heat finals next year.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Punkin Spunkin posted:

THE HOLY GHOST OF FAMED RAPIST KOBE BRYANT ENDOWS THIS CHAMPIONSHIP OF LEBRON AS TRULY...THE GREATEST OF CHAMPIONSHIPS.

he earned that 6th ring

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Great Laker Duos:
KAJ/Magic
Shaw/Kobe
Donaghy/Stern
Kobe/Pau
LeBron/Kobe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Brolander posted:

Are there any Cavs fans left at this point? Surely those people all just root for the Lakers now, right?