Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

drjuggalo posted:

Socially distanced HD melty tourney @ local McDonalds dm for more info

The first drive-thru tournament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Each player in their own stall. Doors open. Laptop set on sink equal distance from both players.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
They only trademarked it for the April Fools 2021 memes

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
*T.O in the tourney thread a week later*

Apparently tourney winner “aruChronic Bluntstud” engaged in malicious practices of asking for handshakes during top 8. Since there was 7 people in the entire bracket I feel a strong enough case has been made that “arcChronic Bluntstud” will be losing their first place prize of the value pick meal I bought for him after the tourney. The McDonald’s venue also greenlit us for next week’s event (guaranteed pot bonus of a big mac too from banning aru) so please keep checking in and supporting

drjuggalo fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Oct 13, 2020

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

melty blood is played at wendys ffs

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Endorph posted:

A new melty blood trademark was just filed. Could be a switch port or idk another manga, but figured I'd mention it.

yooo lets loving goooo unless its another manga then boooooooo give me more loving melty blood french bread u FUCKS

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

melty blood is played at wendys ffs

thats the wendys parking lot to you buster

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

The only real way to play is in the little storage shed behind Taco Casa.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gologle posted:

yooo lets loving goooo unless its another manga then boooooooo give me more loving melty blood french bread u FUCKS

tbf the most recent manga was pretty funny

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Is there a fighting game stage that's in the parking lot of a lower-tier fast food chain?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Is there a fighting game stage that's in the parking lot of a lower-tier fast food chain?

Tekken 7 has the FFXV stage which is the parking lot for a diner.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
"People play Melty in weird place XD"

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Arzachel posted:

Fine, check out my third strike tier list you scold.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

Arzachel posted:

Hey now I’m above that, I also implied melty players are all huge stoners that’d do anything to win tiny locals

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

melty hd will be real

it will also only come on a limited run blu ray of the show that costs 500 us dollars msrp

also the game will be offline only but also have forced online anti piracy checks

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
That's basically happening with the old Umineko fighter, they've ported it to PS4/Switch with netplay but you can only get it by buying some other visual novel.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Eternal Champions: Challenge From the Dark Side.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Ghost Leviathan posted:

my game has one

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

what's the lowest tier fast food chain

to me, it'll always be white castle

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

McDonalds

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
I'm trying to remember a particular fighting game/character, I figured I'd ask in this thread.
The game had the full 3d characters during the face-off VS screen. This particular character would eventually walk away from his spot and run around, including kind of screaming behind the other character idling there. I think it might have been one of the Soul Calibers, but I'm not sure. Does any of this sound familiar?

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Shifty gimbal posted:

I'm trying to remember a particular fighting game/character, I figured I'd ask in this thread.
The game had the full 3d characters during the face-off VS screen. This particular character would eventually walk away from his spot and run around, including kind of screaming behind the other character idling there. I think it might have been one of the Soul Calibers, but I'm not sure. Does any of this sound familiar?

wasn't that deadpool in one of the old x-men fighters?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Broken Loose posted:

wasn't that deadpool in one of the old x-men fighters?

Pretty sure deadpool was never in anything before MvC3.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Shifty gimbal posted:

I’m wondering if you’re mixing the Soul Calibur 2 screen with a dream or something. During the VS screen, both characters are 3D models and when you hit a button your character will scream, but they don’t walk away and move behind eachother.

I know making Link scream in particular was always a lot of fun.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

that sounds like something from a recent nrs game

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Gutcruncher posted:

I’m wondering if you’re mixing the Soul Calibur 2 screen with a dream or something. During the VS screen, both characters are 3D models and when you hit a button your character will scream, but they don’t walk away and move behind eachother.

Yeah, I remember the screaming function in SC2. This was different though, it wasn't a normal scream, it was the faceoff animation that had a baked in balking. Now that you mention it, it's 100% not SC2 because the scream button would have messed with that thing. I was leaning SC because the faceoff screens have 3d characters, but the only clownish character would be Yoshimitsu, and he wears a mask, so it could not have been him.
Hrrmm

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
Was it like tobal no 1 or erghitz? That ps1/n64 period of janky 3D fighting games seems like the only place where all the checkboxes would fill. Mutant academy 1 or 2 maybe?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Are you thinking of like, Aran Ryan from the real good new(est) Punch-Out? Cause it sounds like it, that's the only thing I can think of like that.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Yardbomb posted:

Are you thinking of like, Aran Ryan from the real good new(est) Punch-Out? Cause it sounds like it, that's the only thing I can think of like that.

holy cow, I think you've got it!
drat, turns out it wasn't from a fighting game at all, but rather a puzzle game. Thanks, scholar!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I suddenly pictured The Tick in a fighting game.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Ahaha, it was the first that came to mind was him leaving his side of the screen and going crazy at the completely nonplussed Little Mac on his side.

You can see it here.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
That's definitely it. Thanks!

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Gutcruncher posted:

One of my favorites was one of Talim's lines was "Are you okay?" which I loved using if I was going against one of the more monster-y looking characters.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

Yardbomb posted:

Ahaha, it was the first that came to mind was him leaving his side of the screen and going crazy at the completely nonplussed Little Mac on his side.

You can see it here.

I'd say Mac is more nonchalant here, nonplussed is more like this:

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

This is an idea worth some money

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'd rather play as the Human Ton and Handy.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Has there been any word on if there is going to be a NotEVO Japan next yet as well as NotEVO in Vegas?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

theres been no word on if we'll be able to leave our houses without getting the black plague anytime next year, op

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010
Between the Stay At Home Apocalypse and all the drama with the management of Evo, no one has any idea what, if anything, will happen on that front next year. The safest bet is that someone try to do an Evo Online or some heir apparent as the US is likely stuck with the Covid for the next few years at this point, while Evo Japan could go either online, offline with extremely limited international attendance, or become something new entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I've figured as much. And I've got some comped days in Vegas burning a hole in my pocket that I'd like to maybe use next August depending on plague severity. Cause hot drat do I miss the awesome food there, but noted looking like EVO is donezo.