Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Last Chance posted:

PUT the iPAD OS 14.1 update on my iPAAD tim.

tired of this poo poo:

the geriatric scale icons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

futurebot 2000
Jan 29, 2010

mulligan posted:

the music, the script, the deadpan delivery... these people are very capable in their field but they suck as presenters

it feels like a silicon valleyesque parody

felt like a tim and eric bit from 2050

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

qirex posted:

apple tipped their hand with usb c and the touchid button on the ipad air, I'm waiting for that in a phone. I shoot for a 3-4 year upgrade cycle anyway
Apple will sooner release an iPhone with no ports at all than one with USB-C.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
usbc wont fit in their current 0.00005 mm thickness upper bound for iphones. thats it

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

usbc wont fit in their current 0.00005 mm thickness upper bound for iphones. thats it

its got to be stubbornness because the new phones are thicker than the ipad pros with usb c

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

President Beep posted:

the geriatric scale icons?

no, specifically the ones that are randomly smaller than the others (Calendar, Camera, Instagram, Twetbot, Tiny Wings)

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Last Chance posted:

no, specifically the ones that are randomly smaller than the others (Calendar, Camera, Instagram, Twetbot, Tiny Wings)

lol. poo poo. missed that.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Maximo Roboto posted:

wtf why aren't all the original SE fans clamoring about the 12 mini

i'm going to get one but a) still too big b) requires case (making it even bigger) c) faceid in a masked-up world

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Perplx posted:

I assume the new macs are getting MagSafe that goes on the back of the screen?

would be neat but thats not where the battery is on a laptop

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

*looking at charging magic mouse* i think i know where the new mac magsafe is going

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/tolmasky/status/1316081289020149760

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

poty posted:

would be neat but thats not where the battery is on a laptop

it would still charge, its just a coil with magnets, it would be to cumbersome to stick a big ring on the bottom part of a laptop

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Maximo Roboto posted:

camera bumb

plus my og se is fine still. might replace the battery sometime in the next year and get a couple more out of it

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I'm fairly sure this is not why they close down the store early.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

not going to read 300 posts, but this new mini looks like a pretty nice phone. love the colors and the return of the sharp edges not least, every single rounded-edge apple device was incredibly meh.

does say something about the state of phones that i am looking primarily at the physical design.

Cybernetic Vermin fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Oct 13, 2020

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
no touch id? goddamn it apple I was prepared to get over the notch but I’m not prepared to pay that much for a phone I can’t use in public. guess this 7 keeps going till it dies and then I get an SE2 or w/e if they haven’t got their poo poo together

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

TBH if I hadn't just gotten one of the new SEs for $250 I'd probably spring for a 12 Mini.

I do love still having touchID though.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Jonny 290 posted:

no touchid = hard pass

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.
hmbol. the new mini, which cannot be purchased until november, is nine hundred and seventy nine candian dollars.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

infernal machines posted:

hmbol. the new mini, which cannot be purchased until november, is nine hundred and seventy nine candian dollars.

or, the price of one month of subpar health insurance for two people in the country where phones are slightly cheaper

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

Soricidus posted:

no touch id? goddamn it apple I was prepared to get over the notch but I’m not prepared to pay that much for a phone I can’t use in public. guess this 7 keeps going till it dies and then I get an SE2 or w/e if they haven’t got their poo poo together

i didn't expect them to bring touchid back to the bigphones, not really possible to make that big a change less than 1 year before launch. maybe iphones 13 will all have touchid, but it wasn't going to happen this year

in the meantime i'm finding that pin unlocking suits my needs

also sometimes my iphone excess recognizes my face even with a mask, which is kinda wtf and not great, actually,

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.

qirex posted:

or, the price of one month of subpar health insurance for two people in the country where phones are slightly cheaper

i guess so, idk what that has to do with the price of tea in china

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
what are the dimensions of the 12 mini compared the to 1st gen SE?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

if the only way to pay reasonable prices for consumer electronics is to live in some randian hellworld, then sure i guess this is fine, but it's an odd dichotomy

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

When do they announce prices for the arm macs? I kinda want an arm mac mini

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

5.18" for the mini, vs. 4.87" for the OG SE

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
Miniphone is the greatest phone ever made. Calling it now

Erwin
Feb 17, 2006

if the only way to pay reasonable prices for consumer electronics is to live in some randian hellworld, then sure i guess this is fine, but it's an odd dichotomy

45 more dollars for a phone but you get free healthcare seems like youve got a good deal though

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

the actual device is a couple mm bigger in width and height, like maybe 5mm or less.

screen is about a half inch bigger diagonally

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

what did you do to anger timb so?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

brand engager posted:

When do they announce prices for the arm macs? I kinda want an arm mac mini

mac stuff is next month

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Maximo Roboto posted:

I’m getting one, op. it looks tight

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

power botton posted:

when are we going to get RED cameras in the iPhone

when is apple going to release the RED phone?

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
i was gonna get a 12 for the wide angle thing but then i realised i can just stand further away from the thing im taking a picture of and nobdoy will know the difference lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
wide angles can encourage getting close into subjects which if it’s people can make them look hosed up

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

echinopsis posted:

wide angles can encourage getting close into subjects which if it’s people can make them look hosed up

it's too bad they didn't put any other lenses on the phone

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
a flat sided full powered phone that's smaller than the 7? fuckin' finally

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Chris Knight posted:

a flat sided full powered phone that's smaller than the 7? fuckin' finally

"flat sided"

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

jeeze apple just put the fingerprint reader on the back like google did with the pixel 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I want my phone to just “know” it’s me is that so hard