Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Kershaw pls, why you do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Clayton Kershaw is absolutely going to demand to start the next game and obliterate his back while giving up 5 ER in 2.2 IP

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
If Kershaw is still going I'd much prefer it be in game 4, which the Braves are losing no matter who the Dodgers toss out there.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/ericstephen/status/1316085753131102208

he will start a must-win game, be clearly physically compromised from the first pitch, and that's how the season will end

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

speaking of Trevor Bauer being a lovely person on twitter (and in general?)

https://twitter.com/matttomic/status/1316089376372293632

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kershaw is going to asplode his spine in an effort to win the useless plague cup

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I don’t give two shits if Trevor Bauer occasionally posts interesting poo poo about pitching, he’s still a giant racist piece of poo poo who’s prone to harassing women, so he can just go gently caress himself and languish in permanent free agency for all I care.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Wait, where does the racism stuff come in? I profess ignorance

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
He seems unpleasant and cringe to me, the gravest of crimes

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Intruder posted:

His staunch defense of Chief Wahoo during his Cleveland tenure.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Intruder posted:

https://twitter.com/BauerOutage/status/796259271046549504

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

bawfuls posted:

You are the opposite of an authority on jokerficiation in baseball fandom. I need guidance from like Mariners fans.

The heart of Mariners fandom, as I've come to understand it, is a pure and honest love of your cool guys and hoping they win. The most Mariners team left in that respect is probably the Dodgers. The Rays don't have enough identifiable cool guys who you really want to see win a championship. The Astros would have been loaded with cool guys until all the cheating.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
https://twitter.com/MidwayMinute/status/1315829020173500416

lol

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Shiroc posted:

The heart of Mariners fandom, as I've come to understand it, is a pure and honest love of your cool guys and hoping they win. The most Mariners team left in that respect is probably the Dodgers. The Rays don't have enough identifiable cool guys who you really want to see win a championship. The Astros would have been loaded with cool guys until all the cheating.
hrmm that sounds like the opposite of jokerfication, I wonder what baseball fanbase fits best?

Kersh ruled out for tomorrow
https://twitter.com/jphoornstra/status/1316104563699507200

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Oct 13, 2020

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Shiroc posted:

the g man is like three identifiable cool guys in one

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Man, the wind feels like its deflating a bit from the two series. I mean, I definitely think a series isn't over at 1 game and I don't want to see the Astros win one to make things interesting. But momentum is a motherfucker.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I don’t give two shits if Trevor Bauer occasionally posts interesting poo poo about pitching, he’s still a giant racist piece of poo poo who’s prone to harassing women, so he can just go gently caress himself and languish in permanent free agency for all I care.

:amen:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

bawfuls posted:

hrmm that sounds like the opposite of jokerfication, I wonder what baseball fanbase fits best?

Probably the Rockies. They seem to always have one or two truly elite hitters yet never a great team and fully embrace the chaos that is Coors.

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
to unite the two conversation threads, true jokerification is being one of trevor bauer's pocket sycophants

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Bregor posted:

Probably the Rockies. They seem to always have one or two truly elite hitters yet never a great team and fully embrace the chaos that is Coors.

Feels right. I was at a game in Denver with multiple triples, an inside the park home run, multiple regular home runs and a final score of like 9-7. The locals I was talking to chuckled and told me I saw nothing when I said I was glad I got the real Coors experience.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Intruder posted:

Kershaw is going to asplode his spine in an effort to win the useless plague cup

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

bawfuls posted:

Kersh ruled out for tomorrow
https://twitter.com/jphoornstra/status/1316104563699507200

plz remind me to tune in after the first inning

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

He seems unpleasant and cringe to me, the gravest of crimes

Think I posted this before but I know a guy who played with him in college. He thought Bauer was autistic at first and then realized he was just an rear end in a top hat after spending a year together.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Shiroc posted:

The Rays don't have enough identifiable cool guys who you really want to see win a championship.

This is why I won’t be as in my feelings about a Rays championship as I was the Lightning and Lebron (would still be awesome though). Also why I want the Dodgers to win if the Rays don’t.

Much like the Lightning, the Dodgers have been so close so many times and it would be cool to watch them break through.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Rays all the way for sure, but if not - I'll be happy.

Mookie/Kershaw get rings? Cool.
Acuña /Albies get rings? Cool. (If the Braves win I will absolutely pretend that Felix made the team, didn't opt out of the season, and got a ring as well.)

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Gorman Thomas posted:

Think I posted this before but I know a guy who played with him in college. He thought Bauer was autistic at first and then realized he was just an rear end in a top hat after spending a year together.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Gorman Thomas posted:

The broadcasters for Bauers playoff game were telling a story about how he wore a Duke hat when he went to visit UCLA when they were trying to recruit him. He met one of the coaches who joked with him saying "you have to take that hat off" to which Bauer replied "no I don't".

They were telling this story like Bauer was just a maverick goofball who goes against the grain instead of just a giant rear end in a top hat.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

hahahahhaha

edit

https://youtu.be/5IzNXdsZUHk

bewbies fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Oct 14, 2020

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Tony Phillips posted:

Rays all the way for sure, but if not - I'll be happy.

Mookie/Kershaw get rings? Cool.
Acuña /Albies get rings? Cool. (If the Braves win I will absolutely pretend that Felix made the team, didn't opt out of the season, and got a ring as well.)

I’m a Braves fan all the way but wouldn’t hate seeing the Rays win it all either.

Plus it’s be cool if the Bucs won the Super Bowl then you’d have 3 championships in the same city in the same year

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I want the Dodgers to do it because Kershaw is a top tier all timer and it would be sad if he ended up like Griffey or Ichiro and never got a championship. Mookie also left Boston on such stupid terms, it feels like him getting one in LA would be like his first anyway. If he never got another one, it would be like how Miggy played on all of the great Detroit teams, has a HoF career for them but his only ring was for the loving Marlins.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’m a Braves fan all the way but wouldn’t hate seeing the Rays win it all either.

Plus it’s be cool if the Bucs won the Super Bowl then you’d have 3 championships in the same city in the same year

this would not, in fact, be cool.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Jay Niles should be SAS canon.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Somehow I feel like we lost.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Does that 9th make Dodgers fans feel better or worse

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Joey Freshwater posted:

As awful as the Trop is, I'm OK with it. I saw them play the Orioles there in 1998. They had a special deal at the team store that you could get a program, poster and shirt from the opening game for $25. I still have all of them.

Also, Tampa has nice record stores and while it's a very boring drive to get there on I-75, at least it's stress-free.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Intruder posted:

I feel nothing and can’t be hurt.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

blossommirage posted:

Somehow I feel like we lost.

Nah, a win is a win, especially in a postseason series. Bonkers that we almost let it slip away, but the important part is that we escaped with the win and just need to win 2 of the next 5 to advance.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Oh, when I checked the score and it was 7-0, I thought the game was literally over.

Well, a win's still a win.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Intruder posted:

yes

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

lol Braves up 2-0 in the series lets do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Astros are frauds